Game-Labs Forum
Liq

Tournament - Group Stage & Results

3 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I wished all these people who scream "die for honor!!!!" at the top of their lungs would apply the same heroism in the non-curated PVP of the game. 

I wish all people taking part in small battles and tournaments would actually do it for the sake of the fight, PvP, enjoyment and challenge, not for the win at all cost and using every loophole in rules. 

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

I wish all people taking part in small battles and tournaments would actually do it for the sake of the fight, PvP, enjoyment and challenge, not for the win at all cost and using every loophole in rules. 

They sunk two and lost one. That secured them the victory. You expect them to deliberately lose at that point for what reason exactly?

12 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

They sunk two and lost one. That secured them the victory. You expect them to deliberately lose at that point for what reason exactly?

The onlookers and publicity did not consider them as winners. For me, that was unsporting behaviour. This is a problem with the rules of the tournament as I mentioned before. Year ago referee would give a warning for avoiding the fight or kiting and that was included in rules. Imagine a situation a team got a secured victory even if they get a draw in next tournament battle. A team comes with 3 lynxes and sail upwind for 1h, getting a guaranteed victory. Sounds great, right? It's a win, a victory! Everything legit with rules.

Can we please have this thread focussed on the actual results; move discussions about rules for furhter tournaments to a different thread

Neither did many Italians consider Sweden the winners of last night.  It's unsporting of you to be such bad losers as well, I hope you're aware of that. ,

> A team comes with 3 lynxes and sail upwind for 1h, getting a guaranteed victory.

Pretty sure the rules don't work like that.

3 hours ago, sveno said:

Do we have a shoutcast guy?

Would be cool to have some sportif commentairy.

I'm gonna try and be around for the on tomorrow, maybe I'll do some commentary with Liq.  You might not like my right wing pro merge/night flip bias though  :-)

4 hours ago, Quineloe said:

Neither did many Italians consider Sweden the winners of last night.  It's unsporting of you to be such bad losers as well, I hope you're aware of that. ,

> A team comes with 3 lynxes and sail upwind for 1h, getting a guaranteed victory.

Pretty sure the rules don't work like that.

Consider this situation, HRE has 2 victories and ALOHA has 2 victories. HRE fights ALOHA. If both teams have the same number of points, it is decided by lost BR. Let's say HRE lost 1000 BR and ALOHA lost 900 BR. All that ALOHA needs to do is achieve a draw and don't lose any ships. 3 lynxes sailing upwind for 1h and ALOHA team wins without firing a single ball. 

Are you still pretty sure the rules do not work like that? It is 100% legit with the current rules and it's sad.

Edited by Peter Goldman

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

I'm gonna try and be around for the on tomorrow, maybe I'll do some commentary with Liq.  You might not like my right wing pro merge/night flip bias though  :-)

I will also be available, how about to do it togheter, my left wing contra merge/swerg bias will put things straight. ^^

1 hour ago, sveno said:

I will also be available, how about to do it togheter, my left wing contra merge/swerg bias will put things straight. ^^

I think I will be able to do the counter merge/night flip hate thing with Chris quite adequately ;) 

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

So many people think they're doin' the right thing discussing PODW made it right or wrong......that looks so funny my friends. During the last tournament with an unsinkable essex as an exploit was ok for you, am i wright?)) PODW do always look for a fight as it is in it's core sense of hard and intensive challenge. But because of you, folks, who designed this tournament system as it is now - you provide the rules, everyone obey them. The rules are as they are now and this time we DO play as everyone else does - nothing more and nothing less.

Best wishes, PODW.

Edited by el_mariachi

16 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Consider this situation, HRE has 2 victories and ALOHA has 2 victories. HRE fights ALOHA. If both teams have the same number of points, it is decided by lost BR. Let's say HRE lost 1000 BR and ALOHA lost 900 BR. All that ALOHA needs to do is achieve a draw and don't lose any ships. 3 lynxes sailing upwind for 1h and ALOHA team wins without firing a single ball. 

Are you still pretty sure the rules do not work like that? It is 100% legit with the current rules and it's sad.

I love how this is about HRE when you fought two pirates.

Thanks for this fight. I guess it's quite boring to watch, though I can assure u it's thrilling to manage hull energy and wait for the enemy to make a mistake, while avoiding ur own ones in the meanwhile. There is no other way than to chain and then board these tanks, full of crew and guns. *hinting at those commenting the stream*

gg ALOHA o7

9 hours ago, Palatinose said:

Thanks for this fight. I guess it's quite boring to watch, though I can assure u it's thrilling to manage hull energy and wait for the enemy to make a mistake, while avoiding ur own ones in the meanwhile. There is no other way than to chain and then board these tanks, full of crew and guns. *hinting at those commenting the stream*

gg ALOHA o7

I can agree. The battle was very though and I guess every experienced player knows we made the right call going for sails and crew.

Aloha managed to protect each other so well until they made 1 mistake 5 minutes before the battle ended. Realy well played from both.