Game-Labs Forum

[PvP EU] Norfolk's Busman's Holiday

Norfolk nChance

Why Norfolk needs a Holiday…

Over the last few weeks as a community the forum seems to have turned into a highly toxic “them and Us…” divide between [PvP EU] and [PvP Global] and should we merge all three servers or not and the fixed port battle timer issues etc. Forum threads turning into pages and pages of the same arguments going around and round without anybody willing to listen. Think how it must look to a new player just joining reading the forums for the first time. It simply all round just looks bad.

So, I want a better understanding of how in practice (I know the theory) the [PvP EU] server works today. In the next week or two I would like to spend three or four days on the server maybe taking part in a GB Port Battle or two. Help grind hostility and do the odd gank with a GB clan. Let you guys show me how it’s done the EU way first hand.

The Busman always rings twice…

I’ve Norfolk already setup RA Craft x50 [ELITE] GB Nation on the EU server. However, I’ve got only the ships my Dealer( @admin)  left me and little if any gold. I can’t devote the time it would take to get me up to standard of living this despot leader is used to.

So, if anybody would like to help me out with my short break with funds and ships and cannon it would give me a really good look or insight quickly over the short period. Obviously, I’d give everything back that wasn’t sunk, stolen, or burnt.

Likewise, I would like to finance any Senior EU Captain wanting to do a few days in [PvP Global]. Any nation you choose.     

The other points of view…

Hopefully I may come away with a better understand of the different wants and needs of the EU player. Maybe you guys sink just as fast as ships on Global…?

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

• Like 4

Norfolk I think what tour doing is brilliant but Im sorry to say gb is dormant/dead/asleep/scared/pointless!

Gb used to be a large fighting force, with at least one port battle every few days. Now it's a suprise to see that any gb clan has raised hostility. 

I know Batman you beat the usa! Who hasn't!  

If you really want to dip your toes into the inner workings of the eu server, you'll need to look past gb.

We have the :

1) Sverige powerhouse

2) Prussian holdings

3) Russian empire being built

4) Danes rebuilding

5) French revolution 

6) Spanish reborn

7) Polish, failing math!

8) Dutch on holiday

9) USA running away

10) Pve GB 

On eu we have started to move past the traditional national ties and distrust....

I respect you Norfolk but you will have a number of forged papers, try a world (eu server) tour..

Monk3y - Russia with love!

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2

Ignore monkey, he hates Brits even more than Swedes.

Heres a little guide on where to find PvP on the EU server

Y4wIMNWRSISJQiU1uRM2Pg.png

1 - La Mona: There is the most action. Denmark, Poland, Russia all close and a lot of hunters in that area.

2 - Shallows around George's Town or Shroud Cay: I havent been there but there should be a lot of fighting in shallow ships. Prussia, Russia and Pirates are the main forces there. You can also sail from here to the hidden Kidds islands, thats where Russia is doing PvE atm

3 - Pointe-a-pitre: good place to start hunting those pesky Swedes or juicy Frenchies

4 - Santa Rosa: Lots of Spanish and juicy Frenchies up there

5 - Great Corn: Good freetown to start hunting Prussia, most of the clans have their ports down there

hf

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Ignore monkey, he hates Brits even more than Swedes.

Heres a little guide on where to find PvP on the EU server

Y4wIMNWRSISJQiU1uRM2Pg.png

1 - La Mona: There is the most action. Denmark, Poland, Russia all close and a lot of hunters in that area.

2 - Shallows around George's Town or Shroud Cay: I havent been there but there should be a lot of fighting in shallow ships. Prussia, Russia and Pirates are the main forces there. You can also sail from here to the hidden Kidds islands, thats where Russia is doing PvE atm

3 - Pointe-a-pitre: good place to start hunting those pesky Swedes or juicy Frenchies

4 - Santa Rosa: Lots of Spanish and juicy Frenchies up there

5 - Great Corn: Good freetown to start hunting Prussia, most of the clans have their ports down there

hf

6 Tumbado

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

Norfolk I think what tour doing is brilliant but Im sorry to say gb is dormant/dead/asleep/scared/pointless!

Gb used to be a large fighting force, with at least one port battle every few days. Now it's a suprise to see that any gb clan has raised hostility. 

I know Batman you beat the usa! Who hasn't!  

If you really want to dip your toes into the inner workings of the eu server, you'll need to look past gb.

We have the :

1) Sverige powerhouse

2) Prussian holdings

3) Russian empire being built

4) Danes rebuilding

5) French revolution 

6) Spanish reborn

7) Polish, failing math!

8) Dutch on holiday

9) USA running away

10) Pve GB 

On eu we have started to move past the traditional national ties and distrust....

I respect you Norfolk but you will have a number of forged papers, try a world (eu server) tour..

Monk3y - Russia with love!

poor old ex powerhouse GB who only do pve ..... yet manage to control 55 ports 10  more than closest rival ...imo thats a fantastic result for a pve nation

monk33y your really need to pluck up courage and actually come in game and see whats going on .. your view from the pve server is distorted

you even left pirates off your list

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 1