Game-Labs Forum

[Poll] Rename PVP Global Server to PVE

Corona Lisa

[Poll] Rename PVP Global Server to PVE  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Global server be renamed?

• Rename it to PvE Global
    • No, PvP Global is fine even tho there is almost no PvP

That is why I play NAL Lack of pvp, also my ping on global is around 14-22, but on EU its is unplayable.  NAL I get around 100 (Still a learning curve)   but I get to pvp all weekend if I want to, may have to use the smaller ships for now, But can Kill real people just as easy as on NA global on my time. but I can Stop when I want to and not be hog tied into being on when I don't want to.  I do not think I will go Back to NA any time soon.  3 hours to find pvp then 75% chance, I will be out numbered 3 to 1 or better. or worse winning a battle 5 vers 1(me).  It Was easy enough to get threw most ships into a Indefatigable and Have had a good time.  While also working on another game, I have been testing, at the same time. 

on a Side note some people are learning a lot about PVP NAL.  When they thought they knew how to.  I may not be the easiest person to get along with but I don't hold a grudge like many in NA global and players are asking question and I give them a real response. 

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

If the population is below 200 at all times of the day the server do not deserve the PvP-title. Its tricking a lot of new players into this server, giving them the feeling that the game is dead which increases the chance that they will quit the game early.

Skewed poll options mate

I don't get the logic, what's the numbers of players got to do with PvP? Player versus Player. You can have 2 players PvP all day long and you can have 500 that don't. The funny thing there is more PvP in Global than on Eu server especially when considering the numbers of players.

If you don't like Global, just worry about yourself and move on to the EU server. Don't make me call the Night King. ;)

Image result for go jon snow

Edited by Rigs

Or just rename the entire game Naval PvE Action.

Can't wait for them to get rid of the PvE from Legends, got sick of 80-90% of the ships being AI.

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Or just rename the entire game Naval PvE Action.

Can't wait for them to get rid of the PvE from Legends, got sick of 80-90% of the ships being AI.

True. I'm a new player and don't have much time on my hands so the Legends concept is appealing to me. Love the NA as well for the OW. Hopefully we get more players in Legends, I think it's a good place for new players as well to practice and maybe get them back to NA PvP. 

I'm trying to understand the PvP problem in NA, in all games I'm all about PvP and enjoy NAL but I'm hesitant to go OW PvP in NA. There are way more variables, a steep learning curve and not talking about the mechanics like manual sailing, ship management or aiming. I think I got decent at that. But what ship, what mods/books where/when to engage or disengage. Also you either look around and can't find anyone for a while or run into multiple players and/or more experienced players. I think it's mostly that the odds of me winning in NA are slim.

The game has been around for a while so the skill gap is pretty hard to close, for example I go in PB and hopefully not screw things up for everyone else which could mean they'll never call me again. :)

My first PB battle couldn't even get in for more than one reason :lol:

Just my thoughts, maybe it helps the game in general to share things from a new player perspective.

30 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

This is how the servers should be called:

PVEglobal.jpg

You know this posting it's advertising for all servers merge , seeing that, the next logical question should arise:

In that case, why do we have 3 servers?

Even logistically it doesn't make sense why maintaining, updating, scripting 3 servers instead of just one?

I'm just saying don't feed the beast if you against it. ;)

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

If the population is below 200 at all times of the day the server do not deserve the PvP-title. Its tricking a lot of new players into this server, giving them the feeling that the game is dead which increases the chance that they will quit the game early.

What is this propaganda man this is moronic and shouldn't be considered to even be a thing

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, amplify said:

What is this propaganda man this is moronic and shouldn't be considered to even be a thing

26 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Another outstanding member of the community posting his bias against the PVP Global server.  And yet folks wonder why it didn't work out.

@admin how much more of this guy's poison do we have to endure on the forums trying to sabotage global? 

Guys, there are daily polls about server merge. No need to be offensive, its even backup up by facts. Just vote and see what the community thinks.

And Christendom, its a bit ironic what you write since all you are pretty much doing is spaming "#merge" everywhere for months

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

100% agreed. This evidence shows that the game population cannot support 2 servers and that we need to merge the pvp servers into pvpeu to make a new pvp global. So then we can have pve global and pvp global. I mean it took you a while to come around to the idea but i'm glad you finally did. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aventador said:

100% agreed. This evidence shows that the game population cannot support 2 servers and that we need to merge the pvp servers into pvpeu to make a new pvp global. So then we can have pve global and pvp global. I mean it took you a while to come around to the idea but i'm glad you finally did. 

Thats just selfish mate, one server doesnt work because not all people can play on EU server connection wise. But I guess you dont care as Christendom said "Someone has to bite the bullet."

The stats just show that a server with no restrictions does not work. Too much griefing, no fun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Thats just selfish mate, one server doesnt work because not all people can play on EU server connection wise. But I guess you dont care as Christendom said "Someone has to bite the bullet."

The stats just show that a server with no restrictions does not work. Too much griefing, no fun.

I would argue that players on global are selfless. I would also agree with that statement that "someone always has to bite the bullet" and it's definitely the global players right now.  Show me the stats? Population was much higher when there were no restrictions so I have no idea where you're getting your information. And I think something could be worked out where there are limited restrictions. You eu only people have an agenda and that agenda is to destroy the game and run off any non euros from the game. And you call me selfish... disgusting

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aventador said:

You eu only people have an agenda and that agenda is to destroy the game and run off any non euros from the game. And you call me selfish... disgusting

Wait what? How do EU people destroy your gameplay on global?

Cant blame us for everything man^^

• Like 1

And now we have a circle. Whe only one pvp server existed eu community was being destroyed by non-eu community by night flips and things like that and its why huge part of eu players wanted their own server. Now, when EU server exists non-eu community is being destroyed by eu. The question is "how?". By playing game and having fun? Nice : - )

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Wait what? How do EU people destroy your gameplay on global?

Cant blame us for everything man^^

Never said you did? The devs are clearly the only individuals at fault but you guys supported even further separation and the data shows that the population is worse off. Now could that be poor game mechanics mixed with that? Sure, but I would bet a lot of money that the overall population would go up with a server merge.

Edited by Aventador

What's funny is on discord I see @Jon Snow lets go here complaining about the lack of PVP and content on the EU server.....constantly.  I guess he's just being cute on the forums, but I know that deep down in his heart....he misses me.  He just wants us to be reunited.  You can't fool me on here buddy!

Both servers are dying very slow deaths.  You talk about it frequently.  The population cannot support 2 PVP servers and 1 PVE server, it's time to fix that.  

See you guys soon!

@admin can we do something about this poison and blatant sabotaging of the PVP Global server?  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Both servers are dying very slow deaths.  You talk about it frequently.  The population cannot support 2 PVP servers and 1 PVE server, it's time to fix that.  

See you guys soon!

Reason is not in splited servers. There is no content for players, so there is not a lot of pvp on the map. But saying that small number of players is a result of creating eu server is comfortable for you. So yes, live in your own world : -  )

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

@admin can we do something about this poison and blatant sabotaging of the PVP Global server?  

It would be difficoult for admin, but you can do something. Stop crying. If you start now, then in few days toxic level on forum will decrease.

Edited by Mikocen