Game-Labs Forum

Server Merge Poll

Galt

Server Merge Poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would the captains, from both servers, be in favor of a server merge?

• Yes, but with no restrictions on port battles
    • Yes, but with time restrictions on port battles
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2017 at 05:00 AM

So the principle here is: "We open a poll for the same topic every week till we get what we want."?

You should consider that the population of the EU- Server will drop significant when the servers get merged since there is a reason for people playing there and not on global.

So where are the sane EU players at? People try to address the night flips and float ideas for compromises, and then it just comes out that EU players will supposedly quit in droves simply because they don't want to play with global players at all.

That seems unreasonable and toxic.

• Like 2

If the servers wind up being merged, the server should be East coast US.  Decent pings for Euros, and playable pings of Oceanic/Asians.

Port capture windows with maybe a 6-8 hour vulnerability in place.  Euros can sleep snuggled up knowing their ports are safe, while at the same time Aussies have the same comfort.  To suggest anything else is childish.

Devs have stated US is the largest buyer of this game, followed by Germany.  They should REALLY think about that if they merge servers.  We all want a FULL game, in OUR prime time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Atreides said:

If the servers wind up being merged, the server should be East coast US.  Decent pings for Euros, and playable pings of Oceanic/Asians.

Port capture windows with maybe a 6-8 hour vulnerability in place.  Euros can sleep snuggled up knowing their ports are safe, while at the same time Aussies have the same comfort.  To suggest anything else is childish.

Devs have stated US is the largest buyer of this game, followed by Germany.  They should REALLY think about that if they merge servers.  We all want a FULL game, in OUR prime time.

As I said before, as I agree with you, Server merge is ideal and I would highly recommend but ONLY if players can cover their ports under their time window choice. You want to attack someone? attack them in their timezone.

Eve does it, Albion does it, and both have been successful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greybuscat said:

If the timers are set by the port holders, then that isn't a problem.

We tested lord protector and it didn't work. Merge the servers and lose the euros. Have fun in an empty game. Oh... Like the global...

If global was such a grand idea then it would've been the largest server today. As it is it's a failed idea.

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

As we say in French " Vouloir le beurre et l'argent du beurre – to want the butter and the money from (selling) the butter. "

If we still stay with 2 PVP servers with 2 communities separated we will end-up with not enough players on both sides to enjoy the game.

Or.. Merge the servers and kill the game.

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

The danes quit for 2 weeks and then we stopped and they retook Domingo at 11am in the morning.  Every single one of them returned and started flipping us during the daytime.   

#nomoreservermergecryingandchristendomshouldstopactinglikeapamperedchild

You wanted a global server and you got one. The players got a choice and they chose.

52 minutes ago, greybuscat said:

If the EU playerbase is unanimously against any kind of merge, and any kind of compromise, the voting in this poll will eventually reflect that, won't it? All you're doing is repeating things you've already said, while speaking for several hundred other people.

Actually it won't.. Most players can't be bothered to read every single thread about servermerges and they vote with their feets.. They left during the nightflip and they chose the EU server. Stop crying because global was a bad idea and start to think about how you could make a US server actually function. Why is it that the EU server has 400-500 players in primetime whilst the global server barely scrapes 100? - one reason could be that global is such a bad idea. Another could be the toxicity of the playerbase on global.

12 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Why is it that the EU server has 400-500 players in primetime whilst the global server barely scrapes 100? - one reason could be that global is such a bad idea. Another could be the toxicity of the playerbase on global.

Right, we get 150-200 per night,  last I checked at 9pm GMT on a Sat night, there were about 320 on Euro .

As far as toxicity, you are mistaken.  yes we have a few trolls who spout their crap and beat their underdeveloped chests.  But as far as ports and consideration of others... a major brit clan and the largest pirate clan make sure to specifically target each other's ports at a mutual time we can BOTH get the most players in.  There is NOT the toxicity on global you imagine.  We rock up and have great fights, then we try to annilate each other afterwards, very rarely do you not see at the end of a battle, "GG, GF, thanks for coming" etc.  Win, lose or draw, we have FUN.  If you can say the same for PVP Euro then it must have changed quite a bit in the 6 months since the server split. 

3 minutes ago, Atreides said:

Right, we get 150-200 per night,  last I checked at 9pm GMT on a Sat night, there were about 320 on Euro .

As far as toxicity, you are mistaken.  yes we have a few trolls who spout their crap and beat their underdeveloped chests.  But as far as ports and consideration of others... a major brit clan and the largest pirate clan make sure to specifically target each other's ports at a mutual time we can BOTH get the most players in.  There is NOT the toxicity on global you imagine.  We rock up and have great fights, then we try to annilate each other afterwards, very rarely do you not see at the end of a battle, "GG, GF, thanks for coming" etc.  Win, lose or draw, we have FUN.  If you can say the same for PVP Euro then it must have changed quite a bit in the 6 months since the server split. 

I've taken the liberty to highlight the important part. Global.is.a.fail.

21 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Back to your old disingenuous ways eh? You know that many players didn't get their XP transfers, and combined with port battle lockout timers the PvP2/Global server was hamstrung for months leading up to and after the forced segregation. And yet you still claim people had choices?

I do. The requirements for getting the xp transfer were actually announced both on the log in screen and in NA forums - if anyone didn't get a transfer they weren't interested. Besides I think it's nuts that the devs dropped steam sync in regards to player xp.. And PB lock outs were solved rather fast as I recall..

The pirate clan is American, the Brit clan is Aussie.  We found a solution to the time zone problem by playing cooperatively.  If you can't see this I can't help you. 

It is pretty simple, market to the Euros only and piss away their largest market, or come up with a compromise.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

Just now, Atreides said:

The pirate clan is American, the Brit clan is Aussie.  We found a solution to the time zone problem by playing cooperatively.  If you can't see this I can't help you. 

Nah, they won't budge.  You remember what it was like.  The EU based clans what their cake and eat it too.  Even in their negotiations with the US....it was 90% we give up everything, they give up nothing.  

It's not about timers, they just want us gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

It's not about timers, they just want us gone.

lol

If I remember correctly it was you guys who couldn't await to play on a global server and wished us luck on an empty EU server when you left. Now that you realize that you made a wrong decision you want a merge. Hillarious.

Just now, Jœrnson said:

lol

If I remember correctly it was you guys who couldn't await to play on a global server and wished us luck on an empty EU server when you left. Now that you realize that you made a wrong decision you want a merge. Hillarious.

I wanted a merge from day one.  One global sever, no restrictions.  Hence the cute little flag in my sig.  I didn't make any decisions, they were made for me.  And thats the problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I want a Server merge - I see it as a way for everyone to get together and find content - but I also realize how crappy it is to lose ports that you own in times that you can't be up, or that the majority of your folks just can't get there.

So a Server merge, if it happens, MUST have time windows on ports. the owner of the ports MUST be able to select a window for defense.

+1

1 hour ago, Assady said:

Servers should merge. I dont care what people think

Thats not how polls work

Im for a merge but with time restrictions. But then this also means that the group of players playing on global enjoying it the way it is will get pissed off because they cant do PBs anymore.

So the best solution seems like to make some sort of char. transfer service for those who want and agree on limited times for PBs.

Edited by Liq

1 hour ago, Atreides said:

It is pretty simple, market to the Euros only and piss away their largest market, or come up with a compromise.

This makes no sense i mean the devs gave you your own server that you are unable to make it a success is more a failure of the "biggest" market, and you want the euros suffer for that ...

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

I do. The requirements for getting the xp transfer were actually announced both on the log in screen and in NA forums - if anyone didn't get a transfer they weren't interested. Besides I think it's nuts that the devs dropped steam sync in regards to player xp.. And PB lock outs were solved rather fast as I recall..

Actually if you think taking 4 months to fix the port timer lock out during US prime time is fast than man I don't want to know what slow is to you.  It took 4 months to fix it and i posted over and over to Dev team how to fix it by simply switching the timer window to be more with maintenance.  It was not resolved in a fast manor at all.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

1 hour ago, Atreides said:

That's not a solution, it's a fragile arrangement and a terrible thing to rely on.

If you want the merge, propose to test timers + clan alliances on global and merge if it works. Or keep pretending that it works fine the way it is.

4 hours ago, Galt said:

This is to get an update on where the player base stands on a server merge in light of the newest patch. (on PvP Global) The Prussians have 5 players, the Russians: 2, and no one has gone Polish (as of 10/16.)

Mate Chill out.

We can only Transfer 1 Ship per Day. And we have to get all our Stuff into an Neutral or Free Port before we can Change Nations.

Just getting all my Fleet into an Free Port is a Pain. Getting it back to the other Nation will be another Pain. And then I have not even Shipped all the Mats over....

Unfortunately we cant just Press Forged Papers and then just get all our Stuff Teleported into the new Capitol...

As for the Poll.

Well. The Big Problem is which Time Restrictions we take.

I am against a Merge unless its EU Times. Cause I am absolutely NOT Interested in having a Portbattle at 2 o clock in the Morning...