Game-Labs Forum

Server Merge Poll

Galt

Server Merge Poll  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would the captains, from both servers, be in favor of a server merge?

• Yes, but with no restrictions on port battles
    • Yes, but with time restrictions on port battles
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2017 at 05:00 AM

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:32 PM, admin said:

there is no further doubt or dispute

pve server stays.. no pve safe zones on pvp server will be created.

In that same thread admin said this.  But we do have safe zones on the pvp servers today, so that didn't remain true to date.  Alpha development changes direction though, and is necessarily flexible.  New statements from admin every 3 months or so of development should be the norm because of that.

It would be nice to see a single closed thread from Admin that is updated maybe once a month for the community with such weighty statements as (for example):

- PVE server remains for the next 3 months (or eternally)

- PVP servers will / will not be merged in the next 3 months (or eternally)

- etc etc etc

• Like 1

I don't want a server merge right now but wonder how we could do it and still keep night flips at a minimum or not at all.

Would it be too complicated to have a clan set the port battle window for their port when they capture it? After one week, that window expands by 6 hours. After another week, if expands again by 6 hours. Another week and 6 more making it a 24-7 port (minus maintenance). That way, if you want to hold a port forever, you'll eventually have to defend at all hours.

On 20.10.2017 at 1:44 AM, Christendom said:

Nah, I just dislike guys who pledged to go to global....like yourself....and then didn't.  Not only did you not go, you saddled up with the very same guys that made your old clan leaders Jags & Surathani quit.  Very unfortunate and much shame.  Call me all the names you want, but I'm no traitor.  

Best of luck over there Mikocen, you were a good dude until you let the Swedes change you.  See ya soon!

The reason why Jags and Sura left the game has nothing to do with any swedish player. You know it Chris.

I'd say this is good enough to win an American election, @admin. I'd like there to be a discussion for how to go about port timers but think it's fair to say that nearly 3/4ths (71.43%) of the game want a server merge, so take that for what you will. The people have voted, this is what we want. 

-John Galt

7 minutes ago, Galt said:

I'd say this is good enough to win an American election, @admin. I'd like there to be a discussion for how to go about port timers but think it's fair to say that nearly 3/4ths (71.43%) of the game want a server merge, so take that for what you will. The people have voted, this is what we want. 

-John Galt

It's fair to say that two thirds of the euros abstained from voting since they simply can't be bothered with yet another moronic server merge thread. The result really doesn't show anything.. The numbers on the two servers on the other hand do and the players have already voted. Global was a failed idea from the start, now give it the good graces and kill it off so we can get regional servers that actually functions properly.

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

It's fair to say that two thirds of the euros abstained from voting since they simply can't be bothered with yet another moronic server merge thread. The result really doesn't show anything.. The numbers on the two servers on the other hand do and the players have already voted. Global was a failed idea from the start, now give it the good graces and kill it off so we can get regional servers that actually functions properly.

-Vote was dumb and no one cares

-Merge the servers

I get that right?

1 minute ago, Galt said:

-Vote was dumb and no one cares

-Merge the servers

I get that right?

More or less.. You could just have replied in one of the many, many, many other threads that are about a servermerge.. And take into consideration that global is a failed idea - not my opinion, simply an observation based upon empirical facts and the fact is: Global has lost loads of members and it is no longer a viable server. Will the global problem be solved by a merge? Very unlikely since a merge doesn't solve the underlying issue - that players are leaving and more so on the global server. Why is players leaving the global server while EU server may be stagnant and a bit short crowded but stable? Probably due to the global nature of the global server. The combat mechanics are the same. The economy is as screwed on global as it is in EU server. The port battle system is mostly the same, only difference is the lock-out timers. 

So what will in all likelyhood happen when the servers are merged? - The players will leave in greater numbers, rendering not one but two servers unplayable. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

More or less.. You could just have replied in one of the many, many, many other threads that are about a servermerge.. And take into consideration that global is a failed idea - not my opinion, simply an observation based upon empirical facts and the fact is: Global has lost loads of members and it is no longer a viable server. Will the global problem be solved by a merge? Very unlikely since a merge doesn't solve the underlying issue - that players are leaving and more so on the global server. Why is players leaving the global server while EU server may be stagnant and a bit short crowded but stable? Probably due to the global nature of the global server. The combat mechanics are the same. The economy is as screwed on global as it is in EU server. The port battle system is mostly the same, only difference is the lock-out timers. 

So what will in all likelyhood happen when the servers are merged? - The players will leave in greater numbers, rendering not one but two servers unplayable. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

I'll just leave this here for you. 

It's my opinion that the server continues to lose numbers because of both the toxic nature of some of the players (which can't really be resolved without bans) and the already low numbers. PvP EU has always had more players so it is much easier to actually PvP. Global has always been the smaller server so you have to travel much further for the same ends. The game already lends itself to those with more down time in their lives as opposed to less. I'm not playing much because I work two jobs and go to school; I don't have time to fight hour long battles and sail 4 hours to where the fun is anymore. Game numbers were better when we had the port timers on all ports, that's what I would like to see again. But I believe that real;y the game just needs more players to be viable. (Not to mention the ping issues really only North and South Americans get on the EU server. I couldn't play it if I wanted to.)

1 minute ago, Galt said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

I'll just leave this here for you. 

It's my opinion that the server continues to lose numbers because of both the toxic nature of some of the players (which can't really be resolved without bans) and the already low numbers. PvP EU has always had more players so it is much easier to actually PvP. Global has always been the smaller server so you have to travel much further for the same ends. The game already lends itself to those with more down time in their lives as opposed to less. I'm not playing much because I work two jobs and go to school; I don't have time to fight hour long battles and sail 4 hours to where the fun is anymore. Game numbers were better when we had the port timers on all ports, that's what I would like to see again. But I believe that real;y the game just needs more players to be viable. (Not to mention the ping issues really only North and South Americans get on the EU server. I couldn't play it if I wanted to.)

As far as I know the average for EU players is stable and have been for a some time now. That global are still loosing players is well known, but to write this off to a toxic atmosphere is hardly a nuanced perspective. I do not believe that global players are any worse than euros and if they are - why on earth would anyone in their right mind merge with them??!

25 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

its not fair because we dont have an ingame poll to know most of the players opinions 

35 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The last important polls made in the forum get over a 280 (new mechanic) and 590 votes (new ship pool).

178 votes from a max pop of 600 in the EU server. Less than 1/3.

Considering that the EU playerbase are really tired of seeing a new thread for a merge every each week, the people that have voted here is mostly from the GLOBAL server.  So this is what the people on GLOBAL server want.

Failure to contribute to a vote does not constitute a shortcoming on the other side. Even if this was just the Global population, it's clear that they are not happy with the state of things, all 182 of us. So it looks like there are two choices, either the servers merge and EU gets (let's just say) 182 new players, or the game loses those players. 

Also this thread has over 3k views, I am not sure if those are from specific users or if this site just keeps a tally on how many clicks the thread gets, but it's clear a much larger number of people have looked that this than actually participated. At this point that's just tacit consent. 

Edited by Galt

16 minutes ago, Galt said:

Failure to contribute to a vote does not constitute a shortcoming on the other side. Even if this was just the Global population, it's clear that they are not happy with the state of things, all 182 of us. So it looks like there are two choices, either the servers merge and EU gets (let's just say) 182 new players, or the game loses those players. 

Also this thread has over 3k views, I am not sure if those are from specific users or if this site just keeps a tally on how many clicks the thread gets, but it's clear a much larger number of people have looked that this than actually participated. At this point that's just tacit consent. 

i know, but you (182 votes) cant  make a choice for over 1k people (unique logins) 

i dont know how many people is playing this months but its not fair for them.

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Your shortsighted and selfish point of view could finally destroy an entire server and community. 

The same could be said of you.

anyway before you come back with some snarky comment maybe stop and think differently for a second here,

overall the games current player base is at best 1000ish players (all three servers combined rough guess)

why not combine the servers give the pve'ers a tag or a zone that is safe for them?

why not have a hard options to put a PB timer on a port that is clan owned?

Then put some bloody content in the game cause there is very little then when the game gets close to a actually release and we have a real population then split us off into time zones servers 

47 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I dont mind if pve and pvp merge.

I dont know how much time you have been playing but port battle timers were tested during months, lots of them, and it was a failure.

Im not shortsighted because I have suffered as a player (and many others) the port battle timer as a ressource used by some nations/clans/individuals to negate the end game content (pb). To sum up, as a mechanic used by some people to f.uck others fun.

So at least have the decency to be informed about the great potential of failure with the pure shit tested mechanic you are asking to return to the game.

Under the flag rule set yes it failed.

but things are different now as clans actually own the ports not the nation.

so yes you are being shortsighted by the fact that the rules are different now and some of the older rules could work, also the fact that the game is very far from complete and as far as I can tell the players left care about the game a lot hence the constant debate between us here. 

So in turn a lot of us are going to always help the game going forward, and at this point our population is so small now combining would actually help rather then hinder.

• Like 3