Game-Labs Forum

Nerf the Wasa (Poll)

Nerf the Wasa  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf the Wasa

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2017 at 04:49 AM

3 hours ago, Apina said:

related but slightly oftopic. Why are there ships (wasa and hermie) craftable by notes anyway?

Think of it as an approximation of the naval career. You do stuff and your country gives you a command without pesky eco stuff involved.

I also think it's there to help general PvP. When eco guys get their way with "everything must matter and loss should be terrible" PvP dies down to a minimal level.

It has nothing to do with Legends testing.

I never understood why a throwaway ship people are free to use without all the usual OW angst would be a bad thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jodgi said:

Think of it as an approximation of the naval career. You do stuff and your country gives you a command without pesky eco stuff involved.

I also think it's there to help general PvP. When eco guys get their way with "everything must matter and loss should be terrible" PvP dies down to a minimal level.

I never understood why a throwaway ship people are free to use without all the usual OW angst would be a bad thing.

As always spot on Mr. jodgi.

Just now, Atreides said:

I was under the impression the prince de neufchatel was a redeemable as well.  I might be wrong.  I remember having one but not building it.

Prince has to be crafted / built but its BP is available by default and doesn't need a note from admiralty store / pirate den. You still need a permit to build it tho.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

Please just let the 32ers stay. Aga battles were realy boring.

Else im for a yes sadly. This ship outclasses every other 4th rate and makes 3rd rates too expensive to build actually so basically you sail a bit weaker 3rd rate for just 150cm. 

Aye, the Wasa has mostly replaced the other 4th rates and so there isn't much money in building 4th rates.

What is interesting is that the Wasa has pretty much completely replaced 3rd rates on the open world. Like you say, there is no reason to build and sell 3rd rate ships with the Wasa available.

Hmmm, yes.

Make it craftable - not notes - increase its BR (for when/if we get mixed fleet PBs), reduce its speed (or just remove the f'n speed cap already).

Then, and only then, if it's still deemed overpowered/too cheap, reduce its cannons to 8/16/24. But not as a first resort, hard-hitting combat is so much better than chaotic brawling at 50m with no-one dying.

2 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

I said nothing about making it a 3rd rate. I want the BR increased, and I want the combat mark price to buy it drastically increased. 

I see two main problems with the Wasa right now.

1) It's all over the open world (because it's too cheap). This can be solved be doubling or tripling the price (I think 400 or 450 combat marks would be much better).

2) It's used almost exclusively in 4th rate PB's. A solution here will arrive when we finally get a PB BR cap. 

My issue with everyone yelling for a nerf, is that it's almost impossible to make all the ships even, without identical stats/guns (which is just boring). Matching BR to the ship makes more sense than matching the ship to the BR.

Well said, agree to all points.

Make the ship more expensive,and change the BR. That would do.

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

Hmm, ok. It's like insurance then.

But if the noteships are supposed to be a lifeline (like capping AI, or the basic cutter), then the 'lifeboat' should never be the best ship you can sail in game?

I would still say that especially the 'best' (debatable i know, but you get the point) ships should only be craftable.

Maybe the noteships should just be the weakest of their class? It is still enough to come back quickly or join the next battle?

Edited by Eyesore
typo's

I'm not saying that the wasa should become the weakest 4th rate, they can assign the notes to other ships. The wasanotes already in circulation can be used but the new ones have to be crafted?

3 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Definitely not... they should simply be boring middle of the road / jack of all trades ships like the L'Hermione...

3 hours ago, Lord Gud said:

It has the same base speed as the constitution which is 12.3 and has more guns on each side + 6 chasers. A nerf of speed is mainly needed as it's just too fast.

Its Speed might be Good. But its about as Maneuverable as an Brick. Hell even a the Bellona outturns this thing...

So I dont think its really Required to Nerf its Speed. Especially cause it needs forever to actually Accelerate to this Speed.....

The Defining Feature that makes it so Incredible Strong is and Remains the Insane Damage Output of its 2 Gun Decks. 32 Pounders and 24 Pounders on a 4th Rate is just Crazy.

Its got a Stronger Broadside than the Standard 3rd Rate. And is pretty much Equal with the Bellona.

They should Reduce both Gundecks by 1 Class. That would peg the Wasa down to be a 4th Rate again.

Wasa is result of illegal genetic engineering on dna of trinco and belona. It inherits trinco's speed and turn rate and belona's armor and cannons. They even added drop of surprise's dna with gazillion chasers.

Edited by Zoky
  • Like 3

Leave the Wasa alone, it's a good ship and affordable for the new, single, small clan players, nerfs are never good, you can buff the other ships a bit and make them all available both ways, crafting and notes. You will never balance everything, make changes and there is always going to be another (insert name) nerf thread.

It's usually when people get stomped and have to find something to blame.

I'll say before anything stop this speed meta non sense, for so many claim they want to fight while they spend all the time to build for running away from fights.

Hello? Why is nobody complaining that most are only using fir/fir for OW...

Edited by Rigs

44 minutes ago, Ser_Slack said:

It's shouldn't be the best 4th at everything

Not only is it best 4th rate but its better then all but 1 5th rates at everything (surp is still better upwind) and its practically free :wacko:

Edited by Zoky
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

This feels long overdue. We all know how OP the Wasa is so here is the definitive poll, spared the details

I'm just trying to understand, in Global I have always seen you in a speed fit Reno not a Wasa. Is it Wasa hampering your game play?

Edited by Rigs

8 hours ago, jodgi said:

You sir are my hero!

I guess the general answer for most others are: 

a) Lets nerf one thing at the time and make things more expensive so we make it more costly while spending more time killing each other.

b).Then complain that PvP is dying.

c) Some like aiming at their feet.

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1

BR numbers are going to become far more important than they have ever been if BR limits for PB gets implemented. I don't know how BR were calculated in past but there should be some sort of formula. If not, develop one and relook at all BR calculations based on the that formula. Only then adjust BR or nerf/buff ships as necessary.

Another idea -- not sure that it's a good one -- is remove some of the customability from ships redeemable for CM. For example, combat marks will only get you a Teak/Teak Wasa but crafters can build a customized version. Or, redeemed ships have less mod/refit slots.

14 minutes ago, Farrago said:

BR numbers are going to become far more important than they have ever been if BR limits for PB gets implemented. I don't know how BR were calculated in past but there should be some sort of formula. If not, develop one and relook at all BR calculations based on the that formula. Only then adjust BR or nerf/buff ships as necessary.

b). Another idea -- not sure that it's a good one -- is remove some of the customability from ships redeemable for CM. For example, combat marks will only get you a Teak/Teak Wasa but crafters can build a customized version. Or, redeemed ships have less mod/refit slots.

b). I don't think that's a good idea, the notes and crafting should be the way to go for all the ships, a level 3 shipyard especially it's mostly feasible for big clans while notes include everyone; new, single and small clan players as well. Also notes should help keep the crafting prices in check and vice versa.

Edited by Rigs

7 hours ago, Landsman said:

Definitely not... they should not simply be boring middle of the road / jack of all trades ships like the L'Hermione...

L'Hermione should have the Hermione sailing profile, problem fixed.;)

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

You sir are my hero!

I guess the general answer for most others are: 

a) Lets nerf one thing at the time and make things more expensive so we make it more costly while spending more time killing each other.

b).Then complain that PvP is dying.

c) Some like aiming at their feet.

lel

It's easy for me to become combative in these topics. Since the promise of Legends I've calmed down a bit and I've let the sandbox guys run more free than before. I don't pretend to know what would work anymore; I only know what would make me want to spend more time in OW. Sometimes I actually think OW would be better off without someone like me or other players who only really want to engage in PvP. We are an annoyance here on the forums and our entire raison d'être in OW is to make trouble.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jodgi said:

lel

It's easy for me to become combative in these topics. Since the promise of Legends I've calmed down a bit and I've let the sandbox guys run more free than before. I don't pretend to know what would work anymore; I only know what would make me want to spend more time in OW. Sometimes I actually think OW would be better off without someone like me or other players who only really want to engage in PvP. We are an annoyance here on the forums and our entire raison d'être in OW is to make trouble.

I love the OW concept, but at this point one can only hope getting more players in Legends. ;)

I do not problems with Wasa stats as such, but ...  (1) ship w/o any sign weakness is too easily accessible in any build and (2) Wasa made with light woods (fir/bernuda) is particularly ""offensive" as far as role in OW PvP is concerned. The first issue will be solves soon enough I guess: devs will make wasa and a few other OP ships as premium/rare ships. As for the second issue, I'd say fir and bermuda logs should be available for building ships up to 5th rates. In this way the frigates will have better time to keep their place in OW.

Edited by Stilgar