Game-Labs Forum

Nerf the Wasa (Poll)

Nerf the Wasa  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf the Wasa

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2017 at 04:49 AM

I voted no. The ship doesn't need to be nerfed, the issue is that BR needs to be balanced. Considering the recent poll made by admin, It seems we will eventually be moving toward a BR capped PB system. As long as the BR for ships like this is correctly adjusted, there isn't an issue. 

I do think the Wasa should cost A LOT more combat marks though. At least double (300). 150 is just silly. 

1 minute ago, Landsman said:

Not if you hate diversity. I'll keep spamming my lovely Wasa beast. :D

Well you forgot to quote the last part of my comment. Making it more expensive would help with that issue. If it was 400-500 combat marks, people wouldn't treat it as a throw away ship. 

36 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Well you forgot to quote the last part of my comment. Making it more expensive would help with that issue. If it was 400-500 combat marks, people wouldn't treat it as a throw away ship. 

I bet most people have already stockpiled Wasa notes in their warehouses.

11 minutes ago, Apina said:

related but slightly oftopic. Why are there ships (wasa and hermie) craftable by notes anyway?

I assume for testing something legends related but now test has lasted quite a while already

to test the option for players to allow gaining access to ships without having to go through a long crafting road.

essentially, a player that just goes an pvps or fighting AI gains combat marks and money - but they don't have the capacity to build ships. Having ships purchased for combat marks on the admiralty store is advantageous for these types of people, allowing them to quickly get ships in order to get back out into the OW without feeling the grind drain when they lose a ship and have to spend X Real days to recover it.

I support having ships being purchased from the store for combat marks, but I don't think the Wasa is the right choice here. I'd argue the Ingermanland is the better choice for it.

• Like 1

The Wasa should be nerfed, it is an OP ship currently that makes all other 4th rates obsolete.

The ships redeemable for CM is so that if someone gets smashed in OW, they can replace their ship quickly in port and get back out there.  There are many players who can't craft at level, and may not be a member of a clan who has the kind of support mechanism in place to replace 10 ships in an hour's time.  This causes people to get discouraged which increases the chance of them quitting, or at the very least, turning to PVE activities.  The loss of a ship that you spent a great bit of effort to obtain 15 minutes out of port goes a long way toward people throwing their hands up saying "screw this".  Loosing a Wasa means you have to spend 150 CM in an outpost to obtain build of your choice, throw med guns on and you are back in the fight, as opposed to looking at a WEEK to replace the ship you sailed for all of an hour.

This game has its skilled captains, and it has it's elite ones, but the majority of players are pubbies who can't handle such a crushing loss, they just won't reinvest all the time to replace that ship.  I applaud the Dev's decision to make three ships redeemables,  hopefully it will add to the survivability of this game.   And for complete disclosure, I am an officer of ARMED, a clan who could replace a full 1st rate PB fleet in a day.

Edited by Atreides
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

Adding a 3rd rate tag would change nothing about the ship. It's superior in every aspect compared to most ships and stats should be changed.

9 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

Adding a 3rd rate tag would change nothing about the ship. It's superior in every aspect compared to most ships and stats should be changed.

I said nothing about making it a 3rd rate. I want the BR increased, and I want the combat mark price to buy it drastically increased. 

I see two main problems with the Wasa right now.

1) It's all over the open world (because it's too cheap). This can be solved be doubling or tripling the price (I think 400 or 450 combat marks would be much better).

2) It's used almost exclusively in 4th rate PB's. A solution here will arrive when we finally get a PB BR cap. 

My issue with everyone yelling for a nerf, is that it's almost impossible to make all the ships even, without identical stats/guns (which is just boring). Matching BR to the ship makes more sense than matching the ship to the BR.

If you make the wasa something you have to build give it a higher BR and maybe a slight speed nerf I think that would be a start to balancing it. As it stands the Wasa more overpowered in its class and beyond for that matter then any other ship. When one ships does everything better then every other ship in its class then it needs a nerf.

7 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

I said nothing about making it a 3rd rate. I want the BR increased, and I want the combat mark price to buy it drastically increased. 

I see two main problems with the Wasa right now.

1) It's all over the open world (because it's too cheap). This can be solved be doubling or tripling the price (I think 400 or 450 combat marks would be much better).

2) It's used almost exclusively in 4th rate PB's. A solution here will arrive when we finally get a PB BR cap. 

My issue with everyone yelling for a nerf, is that it's almost impossible to make all the ships even, without identical stats/guns (which is just boring). Matching BR to the ship makes more sense than matching the ship to the BR.

Quoted wrong person lol

11 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

It's all over the open world (because it's too cheap). This can be solved be doubling or tripling the price (I think 400 or 450 combat marks would be much better).

I think it sounds reasonable but as @Jœrnson already said, people stockpiled the notes already and also this would probably simply exclude noobs from being able to get the ship, while the vets would still roll around in it stomping them even harder...

2 minutes ago, Landsman said:

I think it sounds reasonable but as @Jœrnson already said, people stockpiled the notes already and also this would probably simply exclude noobs from being able to get the ship, while the vets would still roll around in it stomping them even harder...

Can confirm I have 20 wasa notes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

I voted no. The ship doesn't need to be nerfed, the issue is that BR needs to be balanced. Considering the recent poll made by admin, It seems we will eventually be moving toward a BR capped PB system. As long as the BR for ships like this is correctly adjusted, there isn't an issue. 

I do think the Wasa should cost A LOT more combat marks though. At least double (300). 150 is just silly. 

The BR needs to be balance and maybe the other 4th rates get back there old stats before they where nerfed to match the older 4th rates. I think if they got some of there old stats back than they would be more balanced. 

• Like 1

I Agree.

The Wasa is currently way too heavy on the Broadside.

An easy and fast Nerf would be to lower the Gun Calibre.

In the remaining Values its pretty much fine. And as an 64 Gun Ship of the Line its a 4th Rate. So reclassing it as an 3rd Rate makes no Sense.

The thing thats making it so Overpowered is most of all that absurd Calibre of its Guns. Because it offers the Ship an Absurd Damage and Penetration Power for a 4th Rate.

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

I Agree.

The Wasa is currently way too heavy on the Broadside.

An easy and fast Nerf would be to lower the Gun Calibre.

In the remaining Values its pretty much fine. And as an 64 Gun Ship of the Line its a 4th Rate. So reclassing it as an 3rd Rate makes no Sense.

The thing thats making it so Overpowered is most of all that absurd Calibre of its Guns. Because it offers the Ship an Absurd Damage and Penetration Power for a 4th Rate.

It has the same base speed as the constitution which is 12.3 and has more guns on each side + 6 chasers. A nerf of speed is mainly needed as it's just too fast.