Game-Labs Forum

4 Redeemable Forged Paper

Hello everybody! 

I noticed after this new update, that I have 4 Forged Paper in Redeemable. 

And for me it is a problem. It means that a player can change his nation 4 times!!

I think it's completely ridiculous!

For me choose a nation to play must be a hard and difficult choice, it's not like choose his shirt in the morning.

Players should be allowed to have only ONE Forged Paper. Not 2, 3 or 4!!! It's useless and dangerous. 

18 minutes ago, Comeonche said:

For me choose a nation to play must be a hard and difficult choice, it's not like choose his shirt in the morning.

Congratulations on being a loyal captain of your nation. I'm in the same boat: I have a lot of forged papers.

Perhaps one day they will be tradeable and you can sell them to other players. But it's not particularly painfree to change nations if you've been actively playing with stored materials, buildings, stuff in a clan warehouse, and ships in many ports.

• Like 1

Seeing as there are nations that can now theoretically get completely annihilated by loosing all their ports, forged papers should no longer be a non-renewable resource. New players who join one of the new Nations, starting a character now after the Forged papers have been handed out, should not be stuck there with no recourse to change their mind about their starting choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comeonche said:

Players should be allowed to have only ONE Forged Paper. Not 2, 3 or 4!!! It's useless and dangerous. 

Same here, I have four left and will not abandon my nation no matter how crappy it gets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comeonche said:

I also have the max, loyal to France.  I agree with your term "useless", they are.  But I do not agree with "dangerous" because nation flippers will use theirs up already and the loyal can remain so.  If they are dangerous it won't remain that way after the nation flippers are through with theirs.  If you make the papers trade-able, well that will be what causes them to become dangerous, because entire clans can hoard them to some extent and then nation flip at will.  Maybe depends on just how many are out there and how many more might get handed out.

So I'd like to see them simply "delete-able".  So if you never plan to use them you can just clean up your redeemables list.

Then again, if Christendom is offering a cool 10 mil, the bidding wars might begin.

7 hours ago, Comeonche said:

And for me it is a problem. It means that a player can change his nation 4 times!!

It's a game.  People like to try all the features.  I'm on my 4th nation, though that's through playing on all the servers and using the redeemable XP to change them again after the spring Wipe.  Also, some characters may see themselves as more of a privateer/mercenary or other kind of independent faction that changes sides, rather than as a loyal national. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, admin said:

The fact that you have 4 means that you are loyal to your nation and probably wont change at all. 

I still have my 4 papers too but gonna switch now. Sometimes things happen and you just want to switch to another nation and i think it is better to let people choose freely than confine them... Maybe you could bring forged papers as craftable some day at the cost of 1000 marks or 6 months cooldown... 

I love the new prussia flag, thank you man!

1 hour ago, Comeonche said:

It's normal that a player could switch nation I agree!

But it's clearly dangerous if a player could change 4 times of nation in the same week! That's my problem!

I doubt that is happening.

What about if forged papers remain untradeable BUT are purchasable from admiralty. HOWEVER the price is based on rank. It would be less expensive for a lower ranking player to change than higher.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, Comeonche said:

Hello everybody! 

Well every time they add something that changes the game a lot they have given us 1...  I think we started with 1 or 2 after the Summer Wipe Then got one after 11.0 changed the game  and again just now when 12.0 changed the game.  And it is far from Easy to change.. If you actually play... Since you have to remove everything from all National ports before you change....  I think they should also require you sail to the Capital you want to join or for the 3 new ones Shroud Cay to actually use the Papers

• Like 1