Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

3 hours ago, Dibbler said:

The tactic is to not tag in green zone, but to get tagged by green zone player.

No It is the same. I am not talking about the AI reinforcement. Thats no threath. I am talking about players that can join exactly on top of you. Goes both for the defenders and attackers.

2 minutes ago, staun said:

No It is the same. I am not talking about the AI reinforcement. Thats no threath. I am talking about players that can join exactly on top of you. Goes both for the defenders and attackers.

Happened the same to me in french waters a month ago, I had a huge revenge fleet after me but most of them were big and heavy and I could outrun them with my faster frigate. Then they sent a fast snow to tag me, so all those slow and heavy french ships jumped on top of me after the snow tag. My advantage over them (speed) was negleted by these magic safezone circles.

5 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

I did that 2 weeks ago after over 2 years of playing. It's fun to discover again that other games can be fun and are not 80% waste of your time like NA.

Me2

At first the withdrawal was hard but now it feels good :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dibbler said:

The tactic is to not tag in green zone, but to get tagged by green zone player.

Try to take a look on the second pic.. We were not the taggers..

• Like 2

I'm honestly having a great time since I reduced my activity to near zero since I was in hospital.

I sleep much better because I'm not constantly thinking about NA anymore: where to attack next, will we have enough players tomorrow, no more dealing with Brit PvE Veterans.

Yeah, Naval Action is to much a time sink with high frustration potential. Like @Otto Kohl said, other games provide much more fun without the need of investing so much time.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, Lars Kjaer said:

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Tonight we had a very fun battle with the british outside Port Morant..

https://imgur.com/a/eYklfte

The brits agreed to a fair fight and after that we killed 'em all..

Now thx in part to a bug, where Sir.Sigurd was dropped from the group a prince de Neufchattel managed to tag us on our escape vector. This in concert with positional reinforcements inside the magical green zone enabled the british to take revenge.

https://imgur.com/a/sWEv7su

Now I will not fault the brits for using a broken mechanic. But it is a broken mechanic. The greenzones killed off the PvP hunting, and the positional reinforcements basically enables the countergank to jump in right in the way of the escaping hunters.

I've been tired of the magics employed in the game for a while. Tired of the greenzones, tired of the magical reinforcements, tired of the magical positioning, tired of the limits imposed on the players in terms of tactics and strategies - i.e. limiting chains, limiting PvP, limiting the games potential. The game is losing players for a reason - now I'm putting the game on the shelf indefinately.

o7 to all the captains out there and fair sails to all of you!

I agree Lars !!!

IT destroys the PVP in the PVP server

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I agree Lars !!!

IT destroys the PVP in the PVP server

I don't agree. If you attack a Nation's waters, they are entitled to jump on you with everything they have.  Lars had a very fun battle and then the Brits had a fun revenge.  Good content for everyone.  Very unreasonable to expect you can go to an enemy's home ports and come out unscathed.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 12:55 PM, Lars Kjaer said:

Try to take a look on the second pic.. We were not the taggers..

Ahh i stand corrected :)

15 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I don't agree. If you attack a Nation's waters, they are entitled to jump on you with everything they have.  Lars had a very fun battle and then the Brits had a fun revenge.  Good content for everyone.  Very unreasonable to expect you can go to an enemy's home ports and come out unscathed.

They can come with all they want. That is not the problem with safezone battles. The problem is that there is no join circle, so captains have to sail. They can just drop right on top of you. No way you can make a tactic on that. Thats the issue, not that they gank us with 25 ships.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, staun said:

The problem is that there is no join circle, so captains have to sail. They can just drop right on top of you.

This I agree is a broken mechanic. Everyone should be spawning some set distance from the inital fight, or enemy players. Cause you just spawn in the front of the guy, which is stupid.

• Like 1

Today i lost a trader to a LGV jumping out of haber and killing me. I am fine with that, But that he can return to the same habor for safety, that I don’t like. What nation would let a enemy kill there ships and then give them safty. It is fine if nobody saw it, But if there was a captain too in the battle that survive, it should not be possible to hide in a habor.

3 minutes ago, staun said:

Today i lost a trader to a LGV jumping out of haber and killing me. I am fine with that, But that he can return to the same habor for safety, that I don’t like. What nation would let a enemy kill there ships and then give them safty. It is fine if nobody saw it, But if there was a captain too in the battle that survive, it should not be possible to hide in a habor.

This can also be done with an LGV Refit which is designed for raiding traders and hiding in enemy ports. 

• Like 1

Just now, MarkusBarak said:

This can also be done with an LGV Refit which is designed for raiding traders and hiding in enemy ports. 

Im a fine with that it can to that. It should just not be possible to hide in the enemies port when chased by it captains. What nation would give safe habor to an enemy chased by its captains.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MarkusBarak said:

great battle took place. 

Lol! If you want a "great battle" go attack Sweden, Danmark, or even Espana for that matter. They will actually make an attempt to sink you guys rather than just focus on bogging their opponents down and that is all. These US players did in their mix mess of ships was follow a man with no competent battle calling experience or leadership. Some of us were wanting a good fight but saw not everyone had the same idea and broke off from the battle. Including myself who wanted a good fight last night and had to settle for being ganked just to sink one player. So if you want a "great battle" that is competitive then the US coast during a port battle is not the place at this moment. We have lost enough players from this game to farming and the last thing we need is a enemy port even closer. 

Edited by Davos Seaworth
  • Like 1

Yeah the seal clubbing at charleston and GB should stop for a few weeks..i really dont get it, you have all these vets complaining about low player numbers, yet they gank  and attack newbies as much as they can..its not weird new players leave en masse...

You catch a low rank newbie, cut him some slack and let him go..

29 minutes ago, Davos Seaworth said:

Lol! If you want a "great battle" go attack Sweden, Danmark, or even Espana for that matter. They will actually make an attempt to sink you guys rather than just focus on bogging their opponents down and that is all. These US players did in their mix mess of ships was follow a man with no competent battle calling experience or leadership. Some of us were wanting a good fight but saw not everyone had the same idea and broke off from the battle. Including myself who wanted a good fight last night and had to settle for being ganked just to sink one player. So if you want a "great battle" that is competitive then the US coast during a port battle is not the place at this moment. We have lost enough players from this game to farming and the last thing we need is a enemy port even closer. 

We supported the Spanish in a port battle against the Brit’s a few nights before we ended up in a 25 on 9 first rate battle in which we took out three I believe before being completely overwhelmed. So we have been places other than the US coast. We are just trying to unlock combat carpenters on all our guys and loadsman on some of our guys so we need to farm up the pvp marks. 

Edited by MarkusBarak

2 hours ago, Oberon74 said:

1 hour ago, staun said:

They can come with all they want. That is not the problem with safezone battles. The problem is that there is no join circle, so captains have to sail. They can just drop right on top of you. No way you can make a tactic on that. Thats the issue, not that they gank us with 25 ships.

I sincerely doubt the brits had any fun in that battle.. And it doesn't change the facts. The game is SUPPOSED to be hardcore, realistic. It has magical greenzones, magical reinforcements, magical positional reinforcements, magical upgrades (since when did tar do anything but preserve the planks and increase the firechance on a ship?), magical limitations founded in nothing but a select fews demanding that others play a similar game to their own. PvP on the PvP server should be encouraged and promoted. If you want magic? - go play assassins creed black flag. If you want to be safe from PvP? - Go play on the PvE server. There's a reason the game barely breaks 320 players in primetime now.

52 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I sincerely doubt the brits had any fun in that battle.. And it doesn't change the facts. The game is SUPPOSED to be hardcore, realistic. It has magical greenzones, magical reinforcements, magical positional reinforcements, magical upgrades (since when did tar do anything but preserve the planks and increase the firechance on a ship?), magical limitations founded in nothing but a select fews demanding that others play a similar game to their own. PvP on the PvP server should be encouraged and promoted. If you want magic? - go play assassins creed black flag. If you want to be safe from PvP? - Go play on the PvE server. There's a reason the game barely breaks 320 players in primetime now.

I agree this game should be hardcore and less magic. I can live with a bit like outpost and teleport and repairs on open see, But thats just because it will kill the gameplay otherwise. I dont mind to much, that we have to trade to keep timers on all the fucking ports you want.

The game should be skill based all the way. No magic upgrades. Think more like you have to train your Crew. Lets say the have a 90 skill and by traning them they could get to 100. Every time you die they loose lets say 2 skill points, But not below 90. You would have to train them in:

- raising sail

- manuovere the ship

- faster reload

- repair 

- accouracy of gun.

But beside traning of your Crew, you should be able to costimize you ship by would type, from fast to hard. But it should be a skill based thing. You had to train your shipcrafter to make those ships. You want better sail, you have to craft them to, But it also should be a skill. No magic upgrade.

edith:

Thats ofc goes fore making guns and repairs. Make it all skill based.

Edit 2: this training should be done in scenarios. Like the tutorial, it will make fine PvE content.

Edited by staun
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

Yeah the seal clubbing at charleston and GB should stop for a few weeks..i really dont get it, you have all these vets complaining about low player numbers, yet they gank  and attack newbies as much as they can..its not weird new players leave en masse...

You catch a low rank newbie, cut him some slack and let him go..

When we could see player ranks in OW myself and many others avoided bothering them,  now once they are tagged people tend to sink them as can't see rank of player you chasing before battle commences.

Edited by Dibbler

1 minute ago, Dibbler said:

When we could see player ranks in OW myself and many others avoided bothering them,  now once they are tagged people tend to sink them as can't see rank of player you chasing before battle commences.

Good point.  I attacked a cutter a while back because I thought it could be someone experienced who might have something interesting aboard (it was).  Had I seen "Basic cutter" and "Midshipman", I wouldn't have bothered.

11 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Good point.  I attacked a cutter a while back because I thought it could be someone experienced who might have something interesting aboard (it was).  Had I seen "Basic cutter" and "Midshipman", I wouldn't have bothered.

Could have been an alt. Another issue. 

Whenever someone attacks US, they cry that they are 100% focus, but they are too blind to see us hunting all over the map. They only see us hunting at Charleston because that's where they spend 90% of their time. As long as nothing attacks them, they don't care about the rest of the world. Everyone can confirm that I hunt at Mortimer, KPR, La Habana, Fort Royal, New Orleans, Belize, Gustavia, Willemstad,  Great Corn, Christiansted... and list goes on and on. But hey! I focus 100% on hunting US, I bully them and I'm seal clubbing them. "PvP players ruin PvP game". I'm tired of these tears, you guys can play 100% safely on a PvE Server or grow a pair and git gud. And stop with "you better fight other PvP players" or "if you want a real challenge, join us" (going from hardcore nation to easy nation is a challenge? lol), "you better attack X instead of us"... and the list of golden quotes goes on and on. You try to do something in their favour or leave them alone for a week or two and suddenly they make an alliance with half of the server nations and organize some stupid multiflips hoping for empty battles and easy wins. 

Massive hunting US will not stop as long as you will be the biggest night population of the server or until you get better at PvP and learn how to defend.

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania boy hit with elbow kid

15 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Cutters are free so killing them makes no harm to rookies and newbies.