Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

9 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Did you just found out about this fact or did you just found the courage to inform the rest of us about it?

I've been thinking about it for a long time and that's my opinion.

8 hours ago, Shrez said:

I've been thinking about it for a long time and that's my opinion.

You want to play on pve anyway there is probably noone of these nations present. Enjoy

Your comments are witty as ever.

Edited by Shrez
  • Like 2

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The danish-norwegian privateers just attempted a landing in the french controlled port of Carriacou. The french fleet came out in force to prevent the landing and managed to screen out the two danish screening fleets as well as the landing fleet. The Danish-Norwegian admiral sends salutes to the french navy that gave as good as it got and heavy casualties has been reported in the waters off Carriacou. Thousands of sailors are reported lost on both sides as the french navy recoiled under the heavy danish-norwegian onslaught. Reports state that the french were aided by both spanish and dutch men-of-war and in the end the combined might of the three national fleets managed to drive off the danish-norwegian fleets.

The court martial of the danish-norwegian admiral has been set to June 11th 1765 where he will explain his dispositions for the king, the court and the admiralty for them to decide the fate of his command!

All hail the two kingdoms!

Port of Christiansted

Barleys roast & beer pub

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Mind a question? I just wonder why HAVOC didn't show up.

They are still recovering from last  😉

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Mind a question? I just wonder why HAVOC didn't show up.

It was too late for us.

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

but that's the timer you set for Bani, no?

Not our port, LIONS port :) and its was on Sunday, many of us had to get up early for Monday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roronoa said:

Not our port, LIONS port :) and its was on Sunday, many of us had to get up early for Monday.

So a 20.46 PB is already a nightflip for you guys? The possibilities are endless!

1 minute ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

So a 20.46 PB is already a nightflip for you guys? The possibilities are endless!

I didnt said it was a nightflip. And 20:46 Server Time is 22:46 for us. So if its on a Sunday, where almost everyone of us has to get up early the next day, its understandable, that we cant come.

• Like 1

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Tonight we had a very fun battle with the british outside Port Morant..

https://imgur.com/a/eYklfte

The brits agreed to a fair fight and after that we killed 'em all..

Now thx in part to a bug, where Sir.Sigurd was dropped from the group a prince de Neufchattel managed to tag us on our escape vector. This in concert with positional reinforcements inside the magical green zone enabled the british to take revenge.

https://imgur.com/a/sWEv7su

Now I will not fault the brits for using a broken mechanic. But it is a broken mechanic. The greenzones killed off the PvP hunting, and the positional reinforcements basically enables the countergank to jump in right in the way of the escaping hunters.

I've been tired of the magics employed in the game for a while. Tired of the greenzones, tired of the magical reinforcements, tired of the magical positioning, tired of the limits imposed on the players in terms of tactics and strategies - i.e. limiting chains, limiting PvP, limiting the games potential. The game is losing players for a reason - now I'm putting the game on the shelf indefinately.

o7 to all the captains out there and fair sails to all of you!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

The game is losing players for a reason - now I'm putting the game on the shelf indefinately.

o7 to all the captains out there and fair sails to all of you!

I did that 2 weeks ago after over 2 years of playing. It's fun to discover again that other games can be fun and are not 80% waste of your time like NA.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RaimundoJoe said:

Wow, Naval Action loosing its "yes" boy! SruPL why can't u follow up otto's exaple?

I do not think that it's all about "yes" or "no", rather a simple cause-consequence chain of events that - after every "hardcore" patch - repeats itself like a pattern (and that - thus - was predicted by some players when names in OS were taken away, safe zones were nerfed and so on).

It basically works that way:

- (mainly on request of hunters) the game provides more and more mechanics that - by making their life harder and harder - scare away easy preys (newbies, casuals and carebears) ,

- then hunters complain about the scarcity of preys,

- devs do not want (or cannot with the current resources) add content to get back - or retain - easy preys in the game,

- after some time, also hunters quit the game.

Then it comes a patch that reverts some changes, and some players get back (but less then before) ... and then, you know what happens?

- hunters start asking for mechanics that ... make preys' life harder

so the circle starts once more

Edited by victor
  • Like 4

It is not a question about protect the “Prey”. The casual need content, more than they need more protektion.

But the way the reinforcement zone works by now, is just plain stupid. A ship drops from the sky next to you. It is simply impossible to have a tactic against that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, staun said:

It is not a question about protect the “Prey”. The casual need content, more than they need more protektion.

But the way the reinforcement zone works by now, is just plain stupid. A ship drops from the sky next to you. It is simply impossible to have a tactic against that.

The tactic is to not tag in green zone, but to get tagged by green zone player.

1 hour ago, staun said:

So, are you suggesting to make reinforcements even more useless than they are now?

1 hour ago, Dibbler said:

The tactic is to not tag in green zone, but to get tagged by green zone player.

Or to jump battles vs IAs in the green zone.

11 minutes ago, victor said:

So, are you suggesting to make reinforcements even more useless than they are now?

They buffed reinforcements btw. You need to chain or sink them as they have now Kruppstahl-masts, not like it was before where you simply demasted them and were free to hunt down the poor player.

1 minute ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

They buffed reinforcements btw. You need to chain or sink them as they have now Kruppstahl-masts, not like it was before where you simply demasted them and were free to hunt down the poor player.

or you just attack in two: one kites upwind both reinforcements and the other one chases the player