Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

Lesson learned.  In the future we will...

Join Sweden, most powerful RVR nation in the game. Ride on the coat tails of HRE. Make cool videos. Attack empty Dutch ports because we used to play Dutch. Act wise on the forums because we’ve taken zero risk.

sound about right guys?

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true man. We took the dutch ports to show em shitty timers couldn't save them. Punishing dodge-timers before it was cool. And we did it with 5 guys, didn't need 3 other nations to do it either. 

Coattails... you clearly have no clue.

And all I can do vs you is forum pvp, as I have not seen you since the earliest battles vs Russia. Don't say you don't enjoy forum pvp, because would be sad for you to spend so much effort on something you hate...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much talk about Prussia that only has negative effects. I don't understand why people don't want to keep the attention low like in day one of the Prussian rebirth and the early successes. Those successes spoke for themselves and that was enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Knobby said:

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true man. We took the dutch ports to show em shitty timers couldn't save them. Punishing dodge-timers before it was cool. And we did it with 5 guys, didn't need 3 other nations to do it either. 

Coattails... you clearly have no clue.

And all I can do vs you is forum pvp, as I have not seen you since the earliest battles vs Russia. Don't say you don't enjoy forum pvp, because would be sad for you to spend so much effort on something you hate...

 

I was at every battle against Swedes from grand Turk onwards until we lost Carta.  I was at Bermuda instead of down south then unfortunately.

Come to think of it, I don’t recall seeing you at most of them.  Guess the Dutch are easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The spanish armada attacked tonight the almost defenceless port of Cayman Brac! The danish-norwegian fleet hurried to the remote island where they put up a gallant defence against the spanish invaders. Losses were staggering on the danish-norwegian side as the wind kept shifting in either direction and the spanish broadside pummeled the danish-norwegian fleet into submission. As luck would have it, the wind turned in favor of the defenders and the spanish - being blown out of the harbour, were forced to withdraw and make another attempt at a later point. The heavy losses the dano-norwegian fleet suffered means that the leading admiral will be court martialed and most likely have one of his beloved children put to the executioners block! 

All hail the two kingdoms!!

Alas again this poor reporter were unable to provide a painting commemorating the event. Some state that it's because the losses were so heavy on the dano-norwegian side, whilst vile rumours state that the Danish-Norwegian kingdom has been too poor and too buys paying off privateers to keep their ports safe in the wee hours of the day, to pay for more paintings!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once more Cayman area turned out to be a dangerous place for the danish captains. A combined fleet from Spain, Russia and Usa were ready to intercept the danish fleet. Battle reports are stil not to be trusted, but as many as a total of 40-50  enemy ships, should have taken part in the slaughter. This poor captain had to go home in a basiccutter after he engaged enemy Wasa, so the rest of the danish captains could escape. The Wasa hunted down the motar brig under this captains command. For half  a houre the motar managed to avoid the Wasa skilled sailed by the enemy captain, but in the end the resoult was a lost ship. 

How will the danish keep fighting when the enemy have enought ships and captaions to blocade the entire Caribbean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The navy of the two kingdoms was attempting an invasion of the port of Little Cayman in order to expel the spanish navy and consolidate danish-norwegian holdings in the north west of Jamaica. The spanish armada turned up in force, along with russian and american allies. The danish-norwegian fleet was prevented entry to the port and a larger battle was fought between spanish and danish-norwegian squadrons in an attempt to force the main port battle fleet through.. This did not succeed as the spanish, russian and american armadas were too numerous for the two kingdoms to achieve success.

All hail the two kingdoms!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The navy of the two kingdoms was attempting an invasion of the port of Little Cayman in order to expel the spanish navy and consolidate danish-norwegian holdings in the north west of Jamaica. The spanish armada turned up in force, along with russian and american allies. The danish-norwegian fleet was prevented entry to the port and a larger battle was fought between spanish and danish-norwegian squadrons in an attempt to force the main port battle fleet through.. This did not succeed as the spanish, russian and american armadas were too numerous for the two kingdoms to achieve success.

All hail the two kingdoms!

Looks like you have one enemy nation for each Danish player :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

That was a long sail from tumbado to find no one to screen out.  Spain had already done the job.  Bring more people next time

 Yes, bring more people, sometimes 50 is not enough against the danes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cabral said:

 Yes, bring more people, sometimes 50 is not enough against the danes.

Especially if it is to catch you, we would need destroyers that run at 39 knots ....;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Looks like you have one enemy nation for each Danish player :) 

Well the fight have to be fair, so guess with that numbers even the enemy had a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Especially if it is to catch you, we would need destroyers that run at 39 knots ....;)

Ore learn to put together a hunting fleet. Ore you actually belive we go in fir fir to a pb.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, staun said:

Well the fight have to be fair, so guess with that numbers even the enemy had a chance.

When Swedes and British  helped you, you did not think the same thing, that hypocrite ...

Edited by Jorge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jorge said:

When Swedes and Englishmen helped you, you did not think the same thing, that hypocrite ...

Don't forget RUBLI/Pirates also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jorge said:

When Swedes and Englishmen helped you, you did not think the same thing, that hypocrite ...

Try to read, understand and then respond. I wrote it just seams fair that there should be an enemy nation for each dane, otherwise it just wouldn’t be fair for oure enemies. Who does that make me a hypocrit?. Btw don’t think the britts have helped us. The Swedes yes. You now back in the days where Spain, Russia, France and USA where an alliance. 

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

That was a long sail from tumbado to find no one to screen out.  Spain had already done the job.  Bring more people next time

I might be wrong, But i am pretty sure that it was Russian captains that chased away the pb fleet. BF with friends took away the Spain fleet, even outnumbred 2-1 took there share if Spanish ships to the buttom. But I might ifc be wrong, since I was running in a Motar brig. You know one of those that can run 39 knobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, staun said:

I might be wrong, But i am pretty sure that it was Russian captains that chased away the pb fleet. BF with friends took away the Spain fleet, even outnumbred 2-1 took there share if Spanish ships to the buttom. But I might ifc be wrong, since I was running in a Motar brig. You know one of those that can run 39 knobs.

To get outnumbered in multiple battles is a clear sign for bad tactic. Enemy managed to divide your forces. Instead of complaining against Spain, USA and Russia you should ask your high command how that could happen. And if you see Cabral ask him why he could end up as a lonely Océan in a battle against 6 Russians, while there was a bunch of friends helping him grinding the port before. Where did they run to instead of supporting him?

It's so much easier to complain instead of facing your own faults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

To get outnumbered in multiple battles is a clear sign for bad tactic. Enemy managed to divide your forces. Instead of complaining against Spain, USA and Russia you should ask your high command how that could happen. And if you see Cabral ask him why he could end up as a lonely Océan in a battle against 6 Russians, while there was a bunch of friends helping him grinding the port before. Where did they run to instead of supporting him?

It's so much easier to complain instead of facing your own faults.

1 where have I complained?

2 We know we sucks. You tolds us so many times that it must be the truth.

3 We make mistakes in the past, in the present and for sure also in the future.

4 We stil play and have fun. But if is ok with you we will take tactical advise from some one who actually have something to bring. No offence ment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, staun said:

1 where have I complained?

2 We know we sucks. You tolds us so many times that it must be the truth.

3 We make mistakes in the past, in the present and for sure also in the future.

4 We stil play and have fun. But if is ok with you we will take tactical advise from some one who actually have something to bring. No offence ment.

If you have not enough players it helps to found only one battle group, which includes screeners and PB fleet. A mortar brig captain has the possibility to take a big ship in fleet to switch ships at the beginning of a battle in case you get screened.

Leaving a hostility mission alone in a 1. Rate is suicide. If you wanna do risky port grindings with few players take faster or cheaper ships. Then you don't have to insult your enemy, when he takes advantage of your weakness and destroys the best ship you own.

If you don't have allieds and not enough players, don't attack the strongest defended port in the area. Choose an easier target.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If you have not enough players it helps to found only one battle group, which includes screeners and PB fleet. A mortar brig captain has the possibility to take a big ship in fleet to switch ships at the beginning of a battle in case you get screened.

Leaving a hostility mission alone in a 1. Rate is suicide. If you wanna do risky port grindings with few players take faster or cheaper ships. Then you don't have to insult your enemy, when he takes advantage of your weakness and destroys the best ship you own.

If you don't have allieds and not enough players, don't attack the strongest defended port in the area. Choose an easier target.

1: So if we just all had a ship in fleet, we could have gotten in the Pb. The 50 Screeners wouldn't just have pulled us all anyway. So if we just had 2 more first rate we would have gotten out on top? We would still have fought more players and a higher PB. But sure your are right. 

2 :The reason 1 was left, was when we saw the Spanish in the hostillity mission, we took out players so we where sure to flip the port. So yes a player was sacrified. But with the new VM system, 1 rates is easy to replace. And where have I insluted anyone for taking my ship.

3: So just go for the weak and easy pick. Where is the fun in that?. We have easy  and hard  pb's, some forced on us and we go for. But we like the hard one more than the easy. Yeah we didn't get in the pb at Cayman. Alot of players had to fight against tough numbers. But to se 50 ships just to get us, well made it worth it all.

Edit:

And now any PvP players know where to get a good fight. Just flip Cayman. Maybe next time Prussia, Sweden, france, pirates all will come. There will be enough Spain, Russian and US players to kill.

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, staun said:

1: So if we just all had a ship in fleet, we could have gotten in the Pb. The 50 Screeners wouldn't just have pulled us all anyway. So if we just had 2 more first rate we would have gotten out on top? We would still have fought more players and a higher PB. But sure your are right. 

2 :The reason 1 was left, was when we saw the Spanish in the hostillity mission, we took out players so we where sure to flip the port. So yes a player was sacrified. But with the new VM system, 1 rates is easy to replace. And where have I insluted anyone for taking my ship.

3: So just go for the weak and easy pick. Where is the fun in that?. We have easy  and hard  pb's, some forced on us and we go for. But we like the hard one more than the easy. Yeah we didn't get in the pb at Cayman. Alot of players had to fight against tough numbers. But to se 50 ships just to get us, well made it worth it all.

Edit:

And now any PvP players know where to get a good fight. Just flip Cayman. Maybe next time Prussia, Sweden, france, pirates all will come. There will be enough Spain, Russian and US players to kill.

No. Thanks to devs who changed BR rating for tagging PB fleets there is no chance anymore to get into a PB against a decent screening fleet. You have to join where nobody expects it. But you have been able to find out early enough that there would be no chance to join the PB. If you left the port anyway you should have left in a big group to not being outnumbered. it was Cabral who was spitting acid after he lost. If you wanna have a chance to enter a PB you should choose a target where this is possible. If you prefer to get screened out Little Cayman was the perfect spot to attack. But expect as much enemy players as are online please. Since everybody wants to have a piece of the easily earned PvP marks. Should we deny access to some of them that numbers are more equal? Go play NA Legends if you ask for this.

Why didn't you invite Swedes, Prussians and Pirates yesterday? They might not be interested to support your RvR. Swedes and Brits showed up at Cayman Brac the last time. And got chased away. Doesn't look like that any other nation will compensate your failed tactic. Why should they? You're no help for them as well.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

No. Thanks to devs who changed BR rating for tagging PB fleets there is no chance anymore to get into a PB against a decent screening fleet. You have to join where nobody expects it. But you have been able to find out early enough that there would be no chance to join the PB. If you left the port anyway you should have left in a big group to not being outnumbered. it was Cabral who was spitting acid after he lost. If you wanna have a chance to enter a PB you should choose a target where this is possible. If you prefer to get screened out Little Cayman was the perfect spot to attack. But expect as much enemy players as are online please. Since everybody wants to have a piece of the easily earned PvP marks. Should we deny access to some of them that numbers are more equal? Go play NA Legends if you ask for this.

Why didn't you invite Swedes, Prussians and Pirates yesterday? They might not be interested to support your RvR. Swedes and Brits showed up at Cayman Brac the last time. And got chased away. Doesn't look like that any other nation will compensate your failed tactic. Why should they? You're no help for them as well.

You are just trolling now Graffi. 

So your "How to do" didn't help to get in a pb. Just to get a bigger group, that will be in facing an even bigger group of enemies. Just think I ask another one for tactical advice in the future.

Equal Fun. Where have I asked for that? Have I asked you not to show up in numbers?

What others players say ore don't say, well that isen't up to me. But when you qoute me and write "you", I take it as a refence to me.

Why should we invite others and why should they come to oure aid? That wasen't my statement. I said we now all know where to get a good fight. So next time when the Prussians ore Sweden flip Cayman. We know where  we can go and get at good fight. Thats all i wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The Danish-Norwegian navy fought a hard fight at Cayman Brac tonight against the spanish conquistadors! 

The danish-norwegian admiralty has decided to publish the following account from the danno-norwegian admiral in the battle.

"The wind was favouring the attackers from the start and for the first part of the battle the spanish aggressors kept the danish-norwegian battlefleet engaged from a distance while the danish fleet had a hard time beating against the wind for the spanish battlefleet. The wind turned against the danish-norwegian fleet as it was beating towards the spanish fleet leaving two of the danno-norwegian SoLs in a vulnerable position. After some hesitation the spanish commander decided to signal his fleet for an engagement. 

The spanish fleet was a ragtag fleet of different ships with a few Bucentaure class and Bellona class SoL's to provide their fleet with a backbone of steel and then added a mixture of frigates, cutters and a mortar brig to give the fleet some manouverability and freedom. This gave the spanish fleet the initial advantage when their commander identified two ships out of the line and vulnerable since the wind was shifting for the 2nd time in the battle. The ensuing chaos in the danno-norwegian lines meant that Captains Lars Kjaer, aboard the Bucentaure class "Frihedstøjten" and DarkJoker, likewise aboard a Bucentaure class ship of the line, was left battered, bruised and strugling to stay in the engagement. DarkJokers lineship was unfortanetely pummeled to the point where she could not be saved and floundered a few nautical miles off the harbor fortress. The spanish however had not achieved the sinking of the danish ship without cost and Hidalgo aboard a Bucentaure class SoL was singled out and sunk thanks to a concentraded fire from the danno-norwegian line. After this the battle turned into a messy brawl where the danno-norwegian heavier ships managed to sink several spanish ships. 

The battle deseves some honorable mentions:

From the danno-norwegian side: Captain Jesper Dahl, Thomas "Doc" Millar and Cabral

From the spanish armada: Captain Bill Barents for uncanny accuracy in the mortar brig and Captains DShiro and Hidalgo for isolating, sandwiching and killing the infamous danish-norwegian captain DarkJoker."

This reporter was lucky enough to recieve a painting comemorating the event from an unknown beneficiary!

65F99E061B31C43E47A6B1D27921D1DCD970E5B7

 

EDIT: All hail the two kingdoms!

Edited by Lars Kjaer
Because I can
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×