Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

Once more the Danish squadron trained on open water. Trying to get acces to Old Provience(to learn the new mechanic), But the britts got a fleet to intercept, and due to nightfall the danish fleet had to breake of( tryed to get out and get the last hostility before Window closed, got 85%). One 1 rate was lost. On the way back the fleet once more was attacked by the britts and 3 danish 1 rate was sacrified to save the rest( ppl was run out of repairs, underestimsted the rep need to raise hostility.  

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The bloody, brit bastards tried to surprise the danish-norwegian fleet at Misteriosa tonight! They invaded the island in an attempt to shore up british holdings around the Cayman Islands, whilst capitalizing on recent danish losses in battles at Macao where the danish-norwegian navy suffered from a severe lack of discipline and lost most it's Haitian forces leaving the town currently under german occupation, and Old Providence where the danish-norwegian fleet suffered the loss of three first rates trying to prepare for an invasion of the island to the north of the possesions of the two kingdoms.

According to hearsay from local populace the battle started as an ill-disciplined and messy affair on the danish-norwegian side, but after some belligerent commands from the Captains of the fleet, as well as a threath here and there to flock the culprits, discipline was restored and the battle started to shift in favor of the danish-norwegian forces. After a bloody brawl the danish-norwegian navy managed to clear the british invasion force from the harbor and pursued the survivors towards Santanilla. This however was an ill-adviced decision as it meant the initial capture of a british 138 gun first rate but at the cost of the recapture of the first rate by quick reacting british captains and a further loss of a danish-norwegian 3rd rate ship of the line.

Matters are bearing an investigation at a court martial to be summoned later this week to question the admirals decision to risk a decisive strategic victory by pursuing a wounded but still powerfull fleet into what is in general to be considered british waters. The poor judgment of the admiral may it is said, cost him his head.. or the head of his beloved labrador - the danish-norwegian king being reknown or revulted for punishments severe and sometimes weird.

Despite the later unnecessary loss of the third rate the day is celebrated as a victory for the navies of the two kingdoms! All hail the king! All hail the flow of free commerce!

Apparently to the shame of this newsreporter no paintings so far has surfaced to commemorate these events!

• Like 2

All Dutch traders ships, rank below Indianman, are allowed safe trade in the Maracaibo Bay.
If someone from the BF drowns you, show me the screen and I'll cover all your losses.

Thank you for attention

• Like 2

I would rather buy the goods from other nations and that for twice the price. Not a barrel is bought in your ports

o7

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Karthago said:

I would rather buy the goods from other nations and that for twice the price. Not a barrel is bought in your ports

o7

So grow some balls and take those ports back.

• Like 3

I do not quite understand the Dutch approach to the situation, in a moment you will lose all ports except Will, and you do not see a problem anywhere?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wojtek said:

I do not quite understand the Dutch approach to the situation, in a moment you will lose all ports except Will, and you do not see a problem anywhere?

I understand that they see the problem, and they will embargo everyone who attacks them. They will also mercilessly accuse people on forums of being childish.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 4

With the new game mechanic it's quit logical not to trade in enemy ports. With each trade a nation supports the enemy in paying maintenance and PB timer fee. Let Captain Reverse do the trade runs by himself, if he needs money for his payments. Smart decission Dutchies.

• Like 4

The danish admirality have once more ask for more money from The royal danish court. The request was denied, A simple statement was made:

The King need the Living a King need, all captains should be glad to support the King. Reguest for money refused.

But it is told that the King and queens around Europa even need to get more money from the Caribbean to support there Living. The danish admirality expect this may have dramatic inpact on port possesions and the will to defend ports all over the Caribbean.

The biggest question that need to be answered is, will it be financial wafare that seal the fait of ports ore will they still be won with ships and cannons.

15 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The bloody, brit bastards tried to surprise the danish-norwegian fleet at Misteriosa tonight! They invaded the island in an attempt to shore up british holdings around the Cayman Islands, whilst capitalizing on recent danish losses in battles at Macao where the danish-norwegian navy suffered from a severe lack of discipline and lost most it's Haitian forces leaving the town currently under german occupation, and Old Providence where the danish-norwegian fleet suffered the loss of three first rates trying to prepare for an invasion of the island to the north of the possesions of the two kingdoms.

According to hearsay from local populace the battle started as an ill-disciplined and messy affair on the danish-norwegian side, but after some belligerent commands from the Captains of the fleet, as well as a threath here and there to flock the culprits, discipline was restored and the battle started to shift in favor of the danish-norwegian forces. After a bloody brawl the danish-norwegian navy managed to clear the british invasion force from the harbor and pursued the survivors towards Santanilla. This however was an ill-adviced decision as it meant the initial capture of a british 138 gun first rate but at the cost of the recapture of the first rate by quick reacting british captains and a further loss of a danish-norwegian 3rd rate ship of the line.

Matters are bearing an investigation at a court martial to be summoned later this week to question the admirals decision to risk a decisive strategic victory by pursuing a wounded but still powerfull fleet into what is in general to be considered british waters. The poor judgment of the admiral may it is said, cost him his head.. or the head of his beloved labrador - the danish-norwegian king being reknown or revulted for punishments severe and sometimes weird.

Despite the later unnecessary loss of the third rate the day is celebrated as a victory for the navies of the two kingdoms! All hail the king! All hail the flow of free commerce!

Apparently to the shame of this newsreporter no paintings so far has surfaced to commemorate these events!

D2E6952C23E90E4925E5CDAF86B0406DDFBC9D3E

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Jon Snow Lets Go was initially playing in PODW with Ram Dinark as pirate. So... I guess he went back to roots? 

But not before Ram joined the undefeated prussian nation... you think it's coincidence? He went back to his roots at a convenient time :P  

41 minutes ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

But not before Ram joined the undefeated prussian nation... you think it's coincidence? He went back to his roots at a convenient time :P  

Ram joined because PODW was turned into some clan full of clowns and carebears that have nothing to do with glorious PODW from old days. RUBLI joined because they were tired of pirate nations doing fok all but nothing. They want to have fun playing and a team they can rely on. We don't care about winning or losing, we get ganked a lot every day. 

15 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Ram joined because PODW was turned into some clan full of clowns and carebears that have nothing to do with glorious PODW from old days. RUBLI joined because they were tired of pirate nations doing fok all but nothing. They want to have fun playing and a team they can rely on. We don't care about winning or losing, we get ganked a lot every day. 

I know why RUBLI and Ram switched and can fully understand them but things look a big different for jon... swedes have RvR game and organization and pirates don't... Jon could have switched back to Ram in PODW or to prussia before it was on a roll and winning... winning team joiners are pretty obvious to spot and it is a bit sad. Then again prussia probably can use the lemmings since they need numbers so it is good for them until prussia turns into a zerg nation that has dropped the bar on average player skill. Kudos to the prussians who were there from the start to build it up and make prussia great tho... prussia used to be like hello kittying sparta :lol:

Edited by Trash unworthy of the Sea

7 minutes ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

I know why RUBLI and Ram switched and can fully understand them but things look a big different for jon... swedes have RvR game and organization and pirates don't... Jon could have switched back to Ram in PODW or to prussia before it was on a roll and winning... winning team joiners are pretty obvious to spot and it is a bit sad. Then again prussia probably can use the lemmings since they need numbers so it is good for them until prussia turns into a zerg nation that has dropped the bar on average player skill. Kudos to the prussians who were there from the start to build it up and make prussia great tho... prussia used to be like hello kittying sparta :lol:

We are still top 3 smallest and least populated nations on the server... Just 80-90% of Prussians communicate and cooperate, we don't have casuals or carebears.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

We are still top 3 smallest and least populated nations on the server...

2 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

we don't have casuals or carebears.

Yeah... but for how long? 

Just now, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

for as long as we don't have safe zone, capital and reinforcements :) Russians are actually full of these players, because they have Bermuda and Kidds, Poland died because it was hunted down all over the place, only a few players remained there that actually try to "PvP".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

Prussia won't really attract carebears. We don't really have an economy, and no reinforcement zones. Our economy, our existence, is PvP.

Just now, Trashed Privateer said:

for as long as we don't have safe zone, capital and reinforcements :) Russians are actually full of these players, because they have Bermuda and Kidds, Poland died because it was hunted down all over the place, only a few players remained there that actually try to "PvP".

I hope you are right man... I respect prussia for its quality over quantity flair but every day I see more and more nobodies sailing under the prussian flag... only time will tell, I guess...

Just now, Westgate said:

Prussia won't really attract carebears. We don't really have an economy, and no reinforcement zones. Our economy, our existence, is PvP.

Not really talking only about carebears tho.... and who needs eco or zones in Naval Alt account Action? People just choose the easy way... switch to prussia and you're on the safe side in PvP...

10 minutes ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

I hope you are right man... I respect prussia for its quality over quantity flair but every day I see more and more nobodies sailing under the prussian flag... only time will tell, I guess...

These "nobodies" will be trained as Spartans in hard conditions or die in process/flee to other nation. If they want to survive in Prussia, they need to adjust to the hard conditions and survive, thus learn PvP. Today we had some random Prussian join our battle at Tumbado, max rank clanless player. He was on Aggy and middle of the fight he escaped leaving other Prussians to uncertain death. We're not gonna accept him to our community and I put a bounty on his head. 

Bum Kun Cha (Prussia) [15PVP Marks] to be paid upon sinking/capping 4th rate or higher.

8 minutes ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

Not really talking only about carebears tho.... and who needs eco or zones in Naval Alt account Action? People just choose the easy way... switch to prussia and you're on the safe side in PvP...

We get ganked every day and we are targeted by Spain, US, Russians, Polish and Pirate nations as we are hated by them.

Edited by Trashed Privateer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

hard conditions and survive

I think the hardest conditions to survive is facing prussia in PvP but ok :lol:

4 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Today we had some random Prussian join our battle at Tumbado, max rank clanless player. He was on Aggy and middle of the fight he escaped leaving other Prussians to uncertain death. We're not gonna accept him to our community and I put a bounty on his head. 

This is the kind of player I am talking about... he may not be a carebear but hes trash that is only riding on the wave of success and giving prussia a bad name... my prediction is you will only get more players of his kind... I just hope prussia doesn't become a zerg nation with average players like this one day... it's the same principle as in ganks in patrol zone. "Why should I join the losing side in PvP and lose the ship when you can join the winning prussian side in PvP and be safe and in for a easy win?" - coward mentality of 80% of players. 

I really hope I am wrong tho...

• Like 2