Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Caribbean Invasion News

15 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view. Apparently we've run in to an instance when different time zone players don't know what the other times are doing. I believe Makrian le Sage is a European player as -- I think -- all LIONS are. Maybe if eventually there is clan based warfare, things will go differently.

Please allow me to explain something -- not to change anything you, or your clan, or your nation is doing -- but just so you know.

By the way, the following is just my observations based on playing with a particular group of Dutch players on the Global Server for a long time.

The core Dutch who play primarily during North American primetime -- the former Global players -- have for the most part been Dutch for years. We've seen the ebb and flow of our nation's fortunes. Over those years, we've learned that councils don't work. They also mean little. A bunch of roleplay around alliances, diplomacy, homelands, ports, historical ports, etc are sort of silly in this game as there is no government, no developed alliance mechanic, nor is there any way for nations to assure their members follow these agreements. But we do our best to follow them and expect those with whom we make an agreement to do the same. There's no single act of aggression or friendship that establishes war or peace for us. They're just pixels.

Ports, port ownership, and land are relatively unimportant to a nation that is never going to be the victory mark winner. So our attitude has always been help when it helps us (or is just fun) and attack those who need attacking (or because it is fun).

I really can't apologize that some Dutch took Guanica in violation of an agreement you had (or thought you had) with them since no one I know had anything to do with such an agreement. Bad communication sucks. But I do remember wondering at the time why Dutch were attacking up there even tho the port was NEUTRAL. Anyway, it looks like you got it back. Cool.

It's highly unlikely you will ever hear one of us beg you not to attack our nation or a specific port. Cojoro is a VNM port. Someone promised to give you something they didn't own. Sorry. That unknown Dutch player who promised you that didn't mention it to VNM either.

The game defines what is and isn't a nation's port by the existence of those ports being uncapturable inside a safe zone. All other ports are up for grabs.

So... one (four) port the Dutch or not. Or try to, or not. It will probably prove to be expensive and boring for you to do, but hey, as long as you're having fun. Since we don't particularly care for port battles, it won't change our game play much, but we'll probably show up for some.

I'll remind again, I'm only speaking from the perspective of a former global Dutch player. Who knows how the European based Dutch plan to proceed.

Fair winds.

As I wrote one of your guys - we don't (and can't) fault you for a deal that you did not make. We will be back with a full fleet at some point rather than what we came with last time. Hopefully we will both have some fun and exciting PBs.. They are what the game in its basic is all about since PvP has become more of a "waiting to get ganked and then kill the gankers" game..

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view. Apparently we've run in to an instance when different time zone players don't know what the other times are doing. I believe Makrian le Sage is a European player as -- I think -- all LIONS are. Maybe if eventually there is clan based warfare, things will go differently.

Please allow me to explain something -- not to change anything you, or your clan, or your nation is doing -- but just so you know.

By the way, the following is just my observations based on playing with a particular group of Dutch players on the Global Server for a long time.

The core Dutch who play primarily during North American primetime -- the former Global players -- have for the most part been Dutch for years. We've seen the ebb and flow of our nation's fortunes. Over those years, we've learned that councils don't work. They also mean little. A bunch of roleplay around alliances, diplomacy, homelands, ports, historical ports, etc are sort of silly in this game as there is no government, no developed alliance mechanic, nor is there any way for nations to assure their members follow these agreements. But we do our best to follow them and expect those with whom we make an agreement to do the same. There's no single act of aggression or friendship that establishes war or peace for us. They're just pixels.

Ports, port ownership, and land are relatively unimportant to a nation that is never going to be the victory mark winner. So our attitude has always been help when it helps us (or is just fun) and attack those who need attacking (or because it is fun).

I really can't apologize that some Dutch took Guanica in violation of an agreement you had (or thought you had) with them since no one I know had anything to do with such an agreement. Bad communication sucks. But I do remember wondering at the time why Dutch were attacking up there even tho the port was NEUTRAL. Anyway, it looks like you got it back. Cool.

It's highly unlikely you will ever hear one of us beg you not to attack our nation or a specific port. Cojoro is a VNM port. Someone promised to give you something they didn't own. Sorry. That unknown Dutch player who promised you that didn't mention it to VNM either.

The game defines what is and isn't a nation's port by the existence of those ports being uncapturable inside a safe zone. All other ports are up for grabs.

So... one (four) port the Dutch or not. Or try to, or not. It will probably prove to be expensive and boring for you to do, but hey, as long as you're having fun. Since we don't particularly care for port battles, it won't change our game play much, but we'll probably show up for some.

I'll remind again, I'm only speaking from the perspective of a former global Dutch player. Who knows how the European based Dutch plan to proceed.

Fair winds.

making deals and not telling rest of the nation. sounds like dutch diplos alright...

next scipio will popup and say it's your own fault for not being telepathic

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

As I wrote one of your guys - we don't (and can't) fault you for a deal that you did not make. We will be back with a full fleet at some point rather than what we came with last time. Hopefully we will both have some fun and exciting PBs.. They are what the game in its basic is all about since PvP has become more of a "waiting to get ganked and then kill the gankers" game..

We wouldn't expect anything different.

10 minutes ago, Knobby said:

making deals and not telling rest of the nation. sounds like dutch diplos alright...

I think all nations will discover that speaking with one voice is going to be a challenge with the game happening 23 hours a day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farrago said:

We wouldn't expect anything different.

I think all nations will discover that speaking with one voice is going to be a challenge with the game happening 23 hours a day.

most of the others manage. before the wipe we also managed it in VP

27 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

it's almost like true clan diplomacy and not nation diplomacy would fix this or something hmmmmm.

Or just expand the ingame diplomatic system so we get an overhaul of the old alliance system..

• Like 1

I'm not asking for peace with the swedes :-p    They make us fight better, a couple of weeks more and VP will start winning battles :-)

LIONS is the only clan with playable timers as far as i can tell ... they are playing.

Many dutch captains (experienced or not) knowingly sail to their seagrave, just because they just might have that chance. Losses have been substantial, still they sail out.

VP may not bring the opposition you guys wish for, but they try. Getting curbstomped doesn't really make better players either. But eventually, after enough fights ...

Yeahyeah,, we're all trash and awfull players :-p  Farm us more, so we learn!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

I'm not asking for peace with the swedes :-p    They make us fight better, a couple of weeks more and VP will start winning battles :-)

LIONS is the only clan with playable timers as far as i can tell ... they are playing.

Many dutch captains (experienced or not) knowingly sail to their seagrave, just because they just might have that chance. Losses have been substantial, still they sail out.

VP may not bring the opposition you guys wish for, but they try. Getting curbstomped doesn't really make better players either. But eventually, after enough fights ...

Yeahyeah,, we're all trash and awfull players :-p  Farm us more, so we learn!

Well actually I think the VP will find out that taking part in RvR will in the end be a good think.

we where not much better of a couple om month ago in Dk/NG. Since we helped Sweden with a inactive clan, we have seen a slow change in oure numbers that do RvR and PvP. But the big change have come after we helped Sweden at Chartagena. We knew it will get us in to war with Russia, we even took a shot at Spain(Where there is players we do like). It is two of the best RvR nations. We now have the Russians at the door. Thats a prize we had to pay. The numbers that can and will be part in the fun has doubled. We have gone from being able of do a 2400 to do a 4800 with the ship and player that we want. And lately a 9600 I belive it was by the dutch and we actually had to say * no to players. 

So yes there will be loses and and yes some hurt. But even for a small nation most ships can be replaced (1 rate might still be a problem, But that should change). We had the luck to fight with Sweden. We didn’t choose them when they where winning.(think at that time the Russian Seal clobbed Sweden). We choosed them because we don’t like some Russians, But Also because they can be trusthed and they show they are willing to help small nations, they have screened for us a number of times, so we could get in to a pb, when we didn’t have players for the pb and screening. Give your player content and you will find out you can much more than you do now. Just give it some time and don’t give up, then it will come.

Edited by staun
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Toto Cabbage said:

"Oh no oh no its not fair when Russia gets multi flipped, cry cry cry :(:(:("

Next day :lol:

201802200_qnxxpre.jpg

We are Swedes now. We are allowed to do that :D I'm pretty sure. rediii sits already in his Santi to sail to Bermuda for help. :P 

Edited by Graf Bernadotte
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

We are Swedes now. We are allowed to do that :D I'm pretty sure. rediii sits already in his Santi to sail to Bermuda for help. :P 

Everybody can do that. But you were the only to whine about that. Well good luck today. I suppose empty PB is the only way you can win vs RUBLI.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Knobby said:

next scipio will popup and say it's your own fault for not being telepathic

Lol you just dont listen and when you dont know something you blame it on me. Oost Indisch doof they call that in Dutch. 

Everyone except CABAL knew what was up and they didnt know telepathy either.

7 hours ago, Toto Cabbage said:

Everybody can do that. But you were the only to whine about that. Well good luck today. I suppose empty PB is the only way you can win vs RUBLI.

I'm not so sure about that. We could forget to enter as well. :( 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toto Cabbage said:

The difference is my dear friend who abandoned his nation mates at Ambergrease......is that 1 nation is multi flipping another.  Not a couple nations ganging up to multi flip one.  

For example we were multi flipped by GB a couple times last week and this weekend.  No drama.  

I do wonder though, with you fawning over every word uttered by rediii.....why don't you just go swede?  You leave your nation mates in SALTYP to get tagged outside Ambergrease to go get a couple marks, laugh about it in global chat and call them carebear noobs.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The difference is my dear friend who abandoned his nation mates at Ambergrease......is that 1 nation is multi flipping another.  Not a couple nations ganging up to multi flip one.  

For example we were multi flipped by GB a couple times last week and this weekend.  No drama.  

I do wonder though, with you fawning over every word uttered by rediii.....why don't you just go swede?  You leave your nation mates in SALTYP to get tagged outside Ambergrease to go get a couple marks, laugh about it in global chat and call them carebear noobs.  

Your nation is multi flipping one 15 people clan :lol:.

Just now, Toto Cabbage said:

As Russia found out at Carta, it's foolish to over extend.  We made that mistake, now RUBLI has.  

• Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

As Russia found out at Carta, it's foolish to over extend.  We made that mistake, now RUBLI has.  

Sure thing. GL in battles. Can't wait to see you raped again 😉.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toto Cabbage said:

Sure thing. GL in battles. Can't wait to see you raped again 😉.

Such nasty language.  It's a shame to see what you've turned into Otto.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Such nasty language.  It's a shame to see what you've turned into Otto.  

I'm Toto.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Toto Cabbage said:

What problem do you have with that. They can easlily defend two 2400 BR ports. Four 1. Rates and one mortar brig in each port and 1/3 of them can play something else. They have a problem with defending? Didn't they think about it before they conquered more ports than they have members?

By the way. Did you ask Rubli for permission to whine for them? Maybe they don't like that. Since they understand something from rvr unlike you.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

49 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Toto Garbage, nice to meet you. I'm Trashed Privateer.

Call me Cornelius Trash then XD

• Like 2