Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 12. Caribbean invasion

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

there are some realy nice looking maps in this forum ... Maybe @sveno can help me here. :D

Something like this would be awesome. Nice details. Clear port names, shallows. 

image.jpg

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 2

I don't need exp anymore. I haven't in a looong time now.  Shame you're unwilling to bring the best feature of your 2016 game back.

Tow to port, instantly?  That was pretty much the one option no one liked in the thread where this was discussed.

just open up NA legends to everyone.

I think it's a good update i think BUT!!

Gentlemen developers, you are doing a big error by putting back in place the system of TOW TO PORT. 

The game was SO much better without the possibility for the players of to transfer whole combat fleets!!

27 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I don't need exp anymore. I haven't in a looong time now.  Shame you're unwilling to bring the best feature of your 2016 game back.

Tow to port, instantly?  That was pretty much the one option no one liked in the thread where this was discussed.

just open up NA legends to everyone.

What was the best feature?

1 minute ago, Comeonche said:

I think it's a good update i think BUT!!

Gentlemen developers, you are doing a big error by putting back in place the system of TOW TO PORT. 

The game was SO much better without the possibility for the players of to transfer whole combat fleets!!

It will be tuned. Give it time to settle in. 

14 minutes ago, George Washington said:

What was the best feature?

Gold for damage. You know, that thing that the game absolutely showers you in if you engage in PVE.

1 hour ago, George Washington said:

Admin, is it possible in the near future to have topographic top view of all land on Open World Map? From designers point of view I think it will look amazing. 

limnos-island-3d-model-topographic-map-r

No offense but, why?

Not like we are dealing with anything ON land.  While it would look pretty, we dont need it. 

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

No offense but, why?

Not like we are dealing with anything ON land.  While it would look pretty, we dont need it. 

for real.  game has bigger fish to fry.

19 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

To be honest, all the eye candy helps to get new players in. So i wouldn't say no

Eye candy is great and all, but some actual fixes and such will go far further. 

I have seen all of the prettiest games in the past do really pretty things and ultimately still end up dead. 

• Like 4

Tow to port added - players will be able to transport one ship per day instantly.

I think the move should be at maintenance (the way it is proposed now, you'll just see people teleporting their ships to PB's ... )

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Eye candy is great and all, but some actual fixes and such will go far further. 

I have seen all of the prettiest games in the past do really pretty things and ultimately still end up dead. 

Ugly UI resulted in massive player loss alone. Think about it. All those players returned game or quit just because it looks ugly. Don't underestimate the look. It should be done right and professional. Not many understand it and pay dearly. 

Edited by George Washington

38 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Ugly UI resulted in massive player loss alone. Think about it. All those players returned game or quit just because it looks ugly. Don't underestimate the look. It should be done right and professional. Not many understand it and pay dearly. 

Sorry but I have to disagree.  From my experience game play and stability trumps pretty and eye candy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

Tow to port added - players will be able to transport one ship per day instantly.

I think the move should be at maintenance (the way it is proposed now, you'll just see people teleporting their ships to PB's ... )

While I tend to agree and would prefer the tow after maintenance, I'm willing to wait and see whether this (instantaneous tow) causes more problems than it fixes. I would assume its goal is to put more "action" into Naval Action. That would be a good thing.

32 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

best things in this small patch is : xp if not ennemy sunk

Yep tested it captured a AI trader just to see and got 50 xp for the damage I did.   Going to be nice for the new guys and guys still leveling up.  I been fighting this since testbed before the wipe.

• Like 1

I don't know the exact reason for it but for some reason I have seen lots of players on the open world today. Maybe many are changing their nation and move ships around. But overall this patch seems really nice.
Safezone sizes seem more reasonable now (maybe still a little bit too large).
Liking the Gambling feature - though I wasn't very lucky with it so far, heh.
It also looks like there are some decent RvR forces in creation - a better RvR balance should keep the server alive over time and stop players from leaving due to boredom of either getting stomped or not being able to fight anyone.
Tow feature should be okay at 1 ship per day. Just stops the pointless afk-sailing for several hours, but you also cannot spam all your outposts with ships. Got to be careful with the decision.
But I still don't like the Wasa at its current form of armor / amarment / speed combo - today a wasa was keeping up with me (Surprise) at Beam Reach. IMHO it needs some severe balancing in both BR and reduction of either armor, speed or firepower.

Edited by Liq
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Good patch, but

Do you think a doctor can make 100s of injured men battle-ready during boarding? Besides the realism its also a bad gamemechanic. Before that it was like: "Okay, I need to kill X crew so that I can win boarding." Thats not possible anymore when enemy has surgeon ready or if you dont know if he used it already.

It's been this way for weeks. You want no risk boarding, you better watch for surgeon skill use. I've been saving my surgeon for during boarding. Also, crew damage isn't realistic anyhow, very very rarely could a lineship be raked down to 100 crew for instance. So why should surgeon skill be? Surgeon skill merely reflects the unrealistic amount of crew damage that can be done

Edited by Malachy

1 hour ago, Liq said:

I don't know the exact reason for it but for some reason I have seen lots of players on the open world today. Maybe many are changing their nation and move ships around. But overall this patch seems really nice.
Safezone sizes seem more reasonable now (maybe still a little bit too large).
Liking the Gambling feature - though I wasn't very lucky with it so far, heh.
It also looks like there are some decent RvR forces in creation - a better RvR balance should keep the server alive over time and stop players from leaving due to boredom of either getting stomped or not being able to fight anyone.
Tow feature should be okay at 1 ship per day. Just stops the pointless afk-sailing for several hours, but you also cannot spam all your outposts with ships. Got to be careful with the decision.
But I still don't like the Wasa at its current form of armor / amarment / speed combo - today a wasa was keeping up with me (Surprise) at Beam Reach. IMHO it needs some severe balancing in both BR and reduction of either amarment, speed or firepower.

In my view, the new nations wont bring the desired balance.

We have seen nations without being able to fill a PB, now some of these nations have lost more players or even entire clans (example: VP).

Meanwhile, nations like Sweden keep enough players for their PBs.

Some old capable nations in RvR like DN are no longer a match for Sweden without his veteran players (most of them went to the new nations).

GB will continue to be one of the most played nations and his pop will be always good. In the meantime, other less popular nations will struggle.

Balance have to be reached by the playerbase, but without the much needed tools, this problem will be always around.

49 minutes ago, Malachy said:

It's been this way for weeks. You want no risk boarding, you better watch for surgeon skill use. I've been saving my surgeon for during boarding. Also, crew damage isn't realistic anyhow, very very rarely could a lineship be raked down to 100 crew for instance. So why should surgeon skill be? Surgeon skill merely reflects the unrealistic amount of crew damage that can be done

I always watch for some one to burn there crew/rum in a fight.  Than that is when I go in for the board while it's on cool down so they can't pop it.  Saving my own for the fight.