Game-Labs Forum

Creating the Cayo Biscanyo PVP Hub

Christendom

So as I expected the US don't want Cayo Biscayno to stay neutral so lets face it they will take it if no one else does. Hence there will be PB/PBs for that port so it's irrelevant whether the US take it or ARMED, or VSCO! It's ok to talk about having a port neutral to promote pvp but if you haven't the agreement of the nation whose doorstep its on then its kinda a waste of time to even bring it up in the first place isn't it!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

To be fair, we did have a big meeting of all nations once. A lot of things were said and agreed on, even BLACK was there.

This was a long time ago but people agreed to not kill nations, people agreed to try and be fair in making ports at times the other side could defend it, and a number of other issues that were agreed to be addressed.

Basically no group ended up upholding the agreements and no honor, some would argue that at the time, BLACK was the wosrt in negating any agreement that was made.

And so.....you have what we have right now, where no side of the talkers from each nation is willing to talk or even believe that the other side will be honest or honor a pact.

It's funny how many times we have a 2 clans agree on something, but then someone within the nation not part of these clans creates a mess, which ultimately one of the clans then uses to justify breaking said agreement.

Now, when i signed on earlier today, cayo biscayno had not flipped, it could be different right now.

For those who don't want pvp at their doorstep (like the US) are honestly not helping anyone. This is a pvp server, i understand you want some safety, but if pvp comes knocking in your door, you kick it back....not slink and log off.

how long ago was that meeting?   Though the one we had before Wipe most folk didn't do there part of it either.

Yah I just noticed it wasn't flipped it is still at 50% from when we jumped into the mission and the US is still 12% from when I killed the mortar brig that was trying to solo flip it.

Though if folks changed there mind and want to leave it nuetral that is cool.  Just need folks to make the official word so others can stop being butt hurt about things.

1 hour ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Yup.  If the pirates want to create some pvp hotspot, they can do it by their home.  In other words, encourage it someplace else.  There is plenty of PvP on the East Coast already.

I've made attempts to contact the US in the past about various things like trying to take back Savannah and was met with stupidity and ignorance by the leadership.  They lost the port, there's no reason to contact them about what we choose to do with it.  

Cayo bisc is a long way away from your safe zone and your home consists what what you're able to defend....which isn't much.  I suggest letting cayo bisc stay neutral or we'll just go higher up the coast and leave it open for other folks to park as well.  Fight us here or in your backyard.  Your choice.  

Edited by Christendom

1 hour ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Yup.  If the pirates want to create some pvp hotspot, they can do it by their home.  In other words, encourage it someplace else.  There is plenty of PvP on the East Coast already.

We do have PvP all the time and you don't see us complaining when ya'll come around.  Ya'll have one of the biggest safe zones and Keys are far from that area.  You do know this is a PvP server right?  If you want a safe place there is a nice dead PvE server you can go play on.

You weren't bitching when you took Spain port, seems it's only bad when others take your ports and attack you.   Typical carebear....lol

ok @Christendom didn't see this or know the plans so sorry, but we had plans to flip it this weekend on ya anyway,

@PaladinFX @Atreides we made the agreement to flip biscuit and give key west to the Spanish or let it go neutral.

as for the US unfortunately there position on the map sucks  but it offers such a great variety from lots of shallows to big boy ships that is why i want 1 note that 1 port up there and biscuit offers us a port we can have all the variety we wont inc easy access to the shallows

i have a request of us all as the US seem to be so deflated,

@Sir Texas Sir @PaladinFX @Atreides @Christendom @Teutonic @Jeheil@Aster

we all back off a bit with OW & RvR lets have some breathing room for a bit and recover,

then i request as the rats have the most experienced group of players that you fight RvR in the shallows against the US and fight bigger ports against GB particularly ARMED

i also want some time for GB and US to practice against each other over a few ports in bigger ships as we both have some very new players and very in-experienced players and a chance to get them on a better level, what im suggesting is that we hit a us port till we win then we defend it against the us giving us a chance to create some better players all around and improve some moral 

(can some one please tag us guys and any whom it may concern)    

I am certainly all for it @Rebrall

I don't mean to cause an argument, but from my point of view it seems like both the US and GB don't want to have any fights - at least in the US primetime. I have gone up and down the Florida coast and found 1 player...2 days ago.

Where should a player go in the GB territories to find someone to fight in the OW? 

I like, really want the GB or US to make offensive port battles against the pirates, I don't agree with others that think retaliation is needed, it's stupid. What's needed is a rather consistant content of having everyone know where to go for pvp at a particular time...and port battles at least help everyone know where to be.

So if you attacked a pirate port, awesome, that means content. If pirates then think "well they attacked us so we should take 2 of their ports as revenge" hello kitty those people, this isn't about that anymore.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I am certainly all for it @Rebrall

I don't mean to cause an argument, but from my point of view it seems like both the US and GB don't want to have any fights - at least in the US primetime. I have gone up and down the Florida coast and found 1 player...2 days ago.

Where should a player go in the GB territories to find someone to fight in the OW? 

I like, really want the GB or US to make offensive port battles against the pirates, I don't agree with others that think retaliation is needed, it's stupid. What's needed is a rather consistant content of having everyone know where to go for pvp at a particular time...and port battles at least help everyone know where to be.

So if you attacked a pirate port, awesome, that means content. If pirates then think "well they attacked us so we should take 2 of their ports as revenge" hello kitty those people, this isn't about that anymore.

the main issue you have is those that want to fight in GB play at a god awe full time for you that's SEA/oce tz,

so while youre on were all at work, and when we get on US players want to go to bed, 

now im not speaking for the US/Eu players in gb but personally i think they have very little xp or are newer and are scared to fight so no moral either that's why i want to get up and fight players of the

same xp or calibre and help them grow, cause with all due respect i believe the rats and ARMED can be a bit ruthless myself inc to newer or less experienced players, so what i mean is the simple mistake they make we punish them so much on it they don't learn from it or how to recover from it were as a less xp player would hurt them but give them a chance to improve    

as for being on the US doorstep it actually sucks tbh but it has the most versatile area 

You cant force players that don't want to pvp to pvp. They will simply hide in the safe zone or just leave the game if they feel they just keep getting attacked. If you want pvp then you need to get players that want pvp on both sides and right now one nation holds most of the servers pvp players. If you cant seem to find people outside your nation to attack consider joining a new nation like Prussia. Its a great pvp spot and located right next to the capital of the pvp nation.

Easiest way to get more PVP , become one of the small nations. Rather than muddle on with the same 3 Power-blocks and their Mexican standoff , try something else. None of you want to become the smallest of the 3 and fall foul of the other 2 so much it beggars belief. There are only 5-6 clans who are really interested in RVR and if they really want to PVP then thinking outside the box is required. It's perfect feasible for you to split into different Nations, you've all got Forged Papers but that means you would all have to risk getting attacked by a larger force ...

I'd agree it would make it easier if there was a well placed free town within fair reach of everybody but that wasn't thought of before map reset. Perhaps it could be done now, have a think about where ?

Global server is a doomed idea right now and people on it are still whining about PB times when the whole idea was to be able to have them whenever players wanted. It takes one  5 man clan to run up hostility and create more issues and only 1 nation has the chance of policing their own players because of mechanics.

Shift into different nations and have a scaled down version of EU which seems quite vibrant right now.

Just my thoughts..

7 hours ago, Vizzini said:

Easiest way to get more PVP , become one of the small nations. Rather than muddle on with the same 3 Power-blocks and their Mexican standoff , try something else. None of you want to become the smallest of the 3 and fall foul of the other 2 so much it beggars belief. There are only 5-6 clans who are really interested in RVR and if they really want to PVP then thinking outside the box is required. It's perfect feasible for you to split into different Nations, you've all got Forged Papers but that means you would all have to risk getting attacked by a larger force ...

I'd agree it would make it easier if there was a well placed free town within fair reach of everybody but that wasn't thought of before map reset. Perhaps it could be done now, have a think about where ?

Global server is a doomed idea right now and people on it are still whining about PB times when the whole idea was to be able to have them whenever players wanted. It takes one  5 man clan to run up hostility and create more issues and only 1 nation has the chance of policing their own players because of mechanics.

Shift into different nations and have a scaled down version of EU which seems quite vibrant right now.

Just my thoughts..

PB times are not an issue whatsoever and as for scaling down a lot of players have moved around to balance things out a bit even Spain has a good handful of players now.

the issue is that there are not enough players for so many reasons this post would run out of room if I start listing them,

The only reason eu works is cause the players are all on at the same time no other reason 

Edited by Rebrall