Game-Labs Forum

Creating the Cayo Biscanyo PVP Hub

Christendom

Was talking with Senor Dave the Spanish this morning about the possibility of turning Cayo Biscanyo back into a Neutral port and creating a PVP hub of sorts that other nations can use to TP into and fight along the east coast.  It seems the area is already a hot zone, and lord knows we need more activity overall and it'd be nice if some nations didn't have to sail an hour to find it.  For this to work, the major RVR nations need to agree to not grind the port up and lock folks out.  Thoughts?

@Sir Texas Sir how do you feel about being the server's police along with us.  Any nation that does take Bisc we can easily take it back and maintain order.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

Was talking with Senor Dave the Spanish this morning about the possibility of turning Cayo Biscanyo back into a Neutral port and creating a PVP hub of sorts that other nations can use to TP into and fight along the east coast.  It seems the area is already a hot zone, and lord knows we need more activity overall and it'd be nice if some nations didn't have to sail an hour to find it.  For this to work, the major RVR nations need to agree to not grind the port up and lock folks out.  Thoughts?

@Sir Texas Sir how do you feel about being the server's police along with us.  Any nation that does take Bisc we can easily take it back and maintain order.  

Why not just make a PvP hub in one of the freetowns?

4 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Why not just make a PvP hub in one of the freetowns?

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

What's the closest deep water freetown to US, GB, and pirates? Tumbado or la tortue?

There isn't one.  Closest Deep Port to the east coast is either Tortue or Tumbado.  Hence the 2 hour sail quote.

As we talked about Caya Vacas would prob make a better spot and Turn Caya Biscano open for all though since it's a better trade hub that folks can use.  Will look at things and we can prob let Caya Vacas go back to neutral.  You can get deep water ships into it even though it's a shallow water.  Really depends how the other nations will act.  

On 10/15/2017 at 2:17 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

As we talked about Caya Vacas would prob make a better spot and Turn Caya Biscano open for all though since it's a better trade hub that folks can use.  Will look at things and we can prob let Caya Vacas go back to neutral.  You can get deep water ships into it even though it's a shallow water.  Really depends how the other nations will act.  

Yes, the coast of Florida really does not need more PvP.  Other areas need more.

Letting Biscanyo go so the other nations can start building outposts and PVP it up.  It doesn't provide much in the way of money as a trading hub.  Good luck.  

lets hope the US and GB let it stay neutral so we don't have to take it back from them.

Edited by Christendom

Really, we try to have port battles at a time both sides can get good numbers.  Late Sat for Aussies, Sat morning for Americans.  If you were intending Biscano for PVP you should have asked, where pepole would see it.  Not everyone reads the forums, and those few who do may not have seen your suggestion here.

As it is we have a mutually decent time port battle scheduled.  I am going to try like hell to be there, as medical issues allow.

This isn't really an answer. 

This post has been on the forums for a week, you knew what I had intended and it was going to be released at downtime this morning.  My attempt was to encourage the smaller and newer nations to park ships in the area and create some sort of PVP hot spot so folks didn't have to sail 2 hours to get to it.  

If this flips, you're going to lose it during our prime time and shame on the clan that does.  It was dropped in good faith for the betterment of the server.

Edited by Christendom

Dropped? As in your not going to show for the port battle?  What the hell dude.  This port battle was for up to 50 guys to have a good brawl. I know why AIB dropped that port next to Jeremie.  But dropping Biscano "in good faith for the betterment of the server" just pissed away a good port battle.  Global is not your private little kingdom to take your ball and go home If everyone doesn't play the way you want.  hello kitty me I thought you were better than this. hello kitty ing unbelievable 

@Rebrall @PaladinFX I don't know when I'll be able to log in.

The US did not want to lose Cayo Biscayno in the first place; if ARMED don't flip it the US will I'm sure. I guess Christendom want ARMED to always have to sail past lots of pirate ports to get to the US east coast lol! Key West is a long bloody sail for us to get anywhere and back so actually if we did manage to take Cayo Biscayno IMO that would promote more pvp. Secondly although ARMED, the Pirates, and Dave like to pvp around Florida etc I would guess that a lot of the US players may not actually want even more pvp on their doorstep, theyre getting hammered as it is so why would you expect them to be happy with the Prussians or whoever being in Cayo Biscayno? There aren't that many US players who are hardcore pvpers! Maybe a few more pirates need to switch to Prussia and take Rio Seco ;)

@Atreides @Christendom

Edited by PaladinFX

39 minutes ago, Atreides said:

Dropped? As in your not going to show for the port battle?  What the hell dude.  This port battle was for up to 50 guys to have a good brawl. I know why AIB dropped that port next to Jeremie.  But dropping Biscano "in good faith for the betterment of the server" just pissed away a good port battle.  Global is not your private little kingdom to take your ball and go home If everyone doesn't play the way you want.  hello kitty me I thought you were better than this. hello kitty ing unbelievable 

@Rebrall @PaladinFX I don't know when I'll be able to log in.

You are aware that Biscanyo went neutral at the downtime right?  I decided to let it go around this time yesterday afternoon after talking to Dave, check the time stamps above to verify.  If ARMED indeed planned to grind it up for a PB, the timing is very curious.  ARMED has a number of other pirate ports to choose from.  @Sir Texas Sir can confirm that we told him last night that we were dropping the port before any hostility was generated.  If you guys were flipping it around the downtime, that would be considered an off hours attack would it not?  I thought we were trying to avoid those.

My gesture is to help create content on this server without sailing a couple of hours to find it.  I'm not trying to play god and if you think I am, you simply do not grasp my intentions.

25 minutes ago, PaladinFX said:

The US did not want to lose Cayo Biscayno in the first place; if ARMED don't flip it the US will I'm sure. I guess Christendom want ARMED to always have to sail past lots of pirate ports to get to the US east coast lol! Key West is a long bloody sail for us to get anywhere and back so actually if we did manage to take Cayo Biscayno IMO that would promote more pvp. Secondly although ARMED, the Pirates, and Dave like to pvp around Florida etc I would guess that a lot of the US players may not actually want even more pvp on their doorstep, theyre getting hammered as it is so why would you expect them to be happy with the Prussians or whoever being in Cayo Biscayno? There aren't that many US players who are hardcore pvpers! Maybe a few more pirates need to switch to Prussia and take Rio Seco ;)

@Atreides @Christendom

ARMED, US, Spain and the Prussians can all use Biscanyo (currently) to TP in and out of.  You don't have to sail past pirate ports, neither does anyone else.  Hence why I turned it to neutral.  If ARMED takes the port, it promotes more PVP for you.  Leaving it neutral will in theory generate more for everyone else.

The port was won in a full 25 v 25 contest and dropped in good faith to benefit the server.  If the US or ARMED decides to indeed take the port while it's neutral we'll simply just take it back when it's convenient for us, consider the experiment failed and then remove access to nearby ports for good measure.

I leave it in your hands now.

Edited by Christendom

I haven't been able to log on since downtime, so the first I knew about you guys dropping was when you stated it an hour ago.  In fact I never looked at this thread until you linked me several hours ago.  Having the port neutral would benefit PVP for all, in that I agree.

@Christendom I think you're missing the bigger picture; the US for the most part do not want any of us on their doorstep, they are tired of getting attacked all the time (ok yeah i would agree its a shame more of them aren't into pvp) and I personally would be shocked if they do not take the opportunity to take back Cayo Biscayno and try to hold it. 

Edited by PaladinFX

6 minutes ago, PaladinFX said:

@Christendom I think you're missing the bigger picture; the US for the most part do not want any of us on their doorstep, they are ired of getting attacked all the time (ok yeah i would agree its a shame more of them aren't into pvp) and I personally would be shocked if they do not take the opportunity to take back Cayo Biscayno and try to hold it. If you truly want more pvp then you should be happy for ARMED to try and take Cayo Biscayno (it was in our plans anyways for this weekend) because we would be closer to the action. Lets face it you pirates aren't exactly camping outside Key West waiting for pvp, you wait for us to come up past Islamorada or see us somewhere up the US coast! So why are you getting so upset?

PVP is going to be there whether the US wants it or not.  The east coast / north of cuba area has the highest concentration of players in the game.  They have a very large safe area with all their needs, including live/white oak up north they can do their fleeting in.  This is the hotspot on the server, might as well make the best of it.  Hence trying to let other nations join in the action as well.  To keep the server healthy we need less folks sitting in their safe zones and out cruising around.  I think everyone can agree on that.

I'm not getting upset.  We can just retake cayo bisc at will if we have to, but I'd prefer to see this little experiment last longer than 24hours.  Dave the Spanish came to me last weekend asking about it and he thinks it will benefit the server.  I agree.  There are still 50 more useless grey little dots on the map to cap for our bot fighter experts to take care of, maybe lets not be so hasty with this one.

Edited by Christendom

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

PVP is going to be there whether the US wants it or not.  The east coast / north of cuba area has the highest concentration of players in the game.  They have a very large safe area with all their needs, including live/white oak up north they can do their fleeting in.  This is the hotspot on the server, might as well make the best of it.  Hence trying to let other nations join in the action as well.  To keep the server healthy we need less folks sitting in their safe zones and out cruising around.  I think everyone can agree on that.

I'm not getting upset.  We can just retake cayo bisc at will if we have to, but I'd prefer to see this little experiment last longer than 24hours.  Dave the Spanish came to me last weekend asking about it and he thinks it will benefit the server.  I agree.  There are still 50 more useless grey little dots on the map to cap for our bot fighter experts to take care of, maybe lets not be so hasty with this one.

But have the US agreed to it staying neutral???

Guys we talked about this this morning when it was starting.   @Atreides your guys started agro after down time and when it was neutral not before.   We jumped into there mission and to be honest prob would of sunk a few of them (I know I would of easily taken one down with just one broad side of double shot he was hurting that bad).  We held our fire and had a quick meeting.   Ya'll can take it for now and if you want to fight over we will.  US simply won't be able to hold it cause we know we can take it back from them any time at any time we want.  Though by leaving it open it helps the server.   Though now it's ya'll time to honer that agreement and let Spanish take Key West back.  We need to get a hold of them and let them know to flip it.  I believe they are suppose to be able to take it back once you own Cayo fully.   We are trying to do things to help better the server.   If US doesn't want to play with that than they will loose ports in certain areas.  We have to remember they refuse for the most part to even post on the forums and work with other nations.   

55 minutes ago, PaladinFX said:

But have the US agreed to it staying neutral???

If I remember correct you where in that meeting between US and GB, we all know there view of that area.  They honestly don't want to work with any one.   If they don't want us to walk up there coast line looking for PvP than they should be willing with allowing a zone for it at a safe distance from there home waters.

Might be nice if we actually had one of these silly meetings and it be all NATIONS.  Not just one or two plotting against others.  I'm talking about a honest meeting to get the server in order to keep population and encourage more growth in game.

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Might be nice if we actually had one of these silly meetings and it be all NATIONS.  Not just one or two plotting against others.  I'm talking about a honest meeting to get the server in order to keep population and encourage more growth in game.

To be fair, we did have a big meeting of all nations once. A lot of things were said and agreed on, even BLACK was there.

This was a long time ago but people agreed to not kill nations, people agreed to try and be fair in making ports at times the other side could defend it, and a number of other issues that were agreed to be addressed.

Basically no group ended up upholding the agreements and no honor, some would argue that at the time, BLACK was the wosrt in negating any agreement that was made.

And so.....you have what we have right now, where no side of the talkers from each nation is willing to talk or even believe that the other side will be honest or honor a pact.

It's funny how many times we have a 2 clans agree on something, but then someone within the nation not part of these clans creates a mess, which ultimately one of the clans then uses to justify breaking said agreement.

Now, when i signed on earlier today, cayo biscayno had not flipped, it could be different right now.

For those who don't want pvp at their doorstep (like the US) are honestly not helping anyone. This is a pvp server, i understand you want some safety, but if pvp comes knocking in your door, you kick it back....not slink and log off.