Game-Labs Forum

13 hours ago, Aster said:

Why not extend the pirate ability to kill each other to other nations? It works out for the pirates why not let everyone have the same ability's?

Come on Aster ya'll all ready accuse every one and there mothers as being alt when most those guys are just new players.  Can you imagine how bad it would be if you had Pirate vs Pirate too?  Your nation would pretty much implode and kill it self.  It works well in Pirates for us on our server cause of how we run the Nation as more a Republic and while we do push some weight around when some clan acts out of line (or is proven US spies as the only two time we used it against a clan with HELL and TRR and you prob can see how effective that was).

The other thing most of the known alts aren't the ones you have to worry about. It's the ones you don't know about.  Pre-Wipe I had a US alt (now my Pirate Crafter) that made ships for ya'll, showed up to a few fights (not against pirates) and was never suspected as a spy.   Hell most of the guys in my own clan didn't even know about the char cause I didn't let it be known it was my alt.      Those are the alts you should worry about.  Not the big mouth idiots that let themselves be known in two seconds or just do stupid stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Come on Aster ya'll all ready accuse every one and there mothers as being alt when most those guys are just new players.  Can you imagine how bad it would be if you had Pirate vs Pirate too?  Your nation would pretty much implode and kill it self.  It works well in Pirates for us on our server cause of how we run the Nation as more a Republic and while we do push some weight around when some clan acts out of line (or is proven US spies as the only two time we used it against a clan with HELL and TRR and you prob can see how effective that was).

Nations ask for clan v clan. Not FFA pirate battles. Any nation can handle clan/alt warfare just as well as any pirate can

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, EdWatchmaker said:

I totally agree. I don't want vendettas either and there has to be some sort of trial system. When it comes to clans though, it is insidious to have been infiltrated by a spy. As was the custom in this time period I think the commanding officer of the unit (clan) should be able to execute the spy. This would give clans a tool to deal with spies in their ranks. A protection for the accused would be his right to call the 3 clan leaders to hear his case and if the clan leader committed murder then he gets the kill on sight tag and the accused is exonerated.   

I like it. Very good man.

16 minutes ago, GoodTime said:

Dreadedpiratehunter willis????   I rest my case.

It dawns on me that some people are serious about putting alts on trial, even though the alts can change name in 2 mins...............facepalm, sigh, breathe slowly, lie down.

Screenshot_20171016-070812.jpg

Edited by Flash Jack
Predictive bloody text.
  • Like 1

If a nation could handle being able to pvp them self's or not has nothing to do with it. The pirates have the ability to attack each other which no other nation has, which is a tool they can use to deal with problem players/alts. What do the pirates do when they are being followed by a obvious pirate alt they kill him. What do nations do when they are being followed by an alt, well they have to go get an alt to kill the alt. Also being able to fight your own nation is very valuable for training players, some things like boarding you just cant do without the ability to attack each other. Anyway until a actual system for special nations is put in place I don't see how giving one nation more powers then the other is at all fair.

Personally I think it would be cool if they had some sort of reputation system and if you fell to low that would be how you became a pirate.

Edited by Aster
  • Like 1

I suppose it comes down to it is not a problem of alts but rather of personal behavior. Some are honorable and some are not. I role play and do wish there was a mechanic for people to deal with it in a fun way. A mini game of trial, or not, walking the plank or getting hung from a yardarm. Some people's frustration at alts will never go away and the picture in my mind of three high and mighty clan chiefs, bewigged and looking down their noses at the trembling accused just sends me into a fit of laughter. There are so many complaints about boredom, not enough to do and alts that it seems bounty hunting could be a good thing to bring extra life to the game and take the edge off some folks alt anxiety. Tarring, feathering and being run out of town on a rail was also very popular back then for lesser offences as was the pillory and the stocks.

I love the idea of a reputation system. That would open up a whole new faucet of game play. Your actions would have consequences, good vs evil. Nice game mechanic imho.

• Like 1

Thanks Norfolk. I did read it long ago and will reread it again soon. They'd have to pry my alt out of my cold dead fingers, HAHAHA. I role play and one is the nephew of the other. The nephew thinks his treasonous uncle is over the top but blood is thicker than water so they get along, somewhat. And they both are dammed greedy merchants. The one on the PvE server is a monk questing during his "long night of the soul", after his Yank uncle lured him out of his monastery with tales of adventures at sea, who knows what trouble he'll get into.

Oh well, I just have fun. Making a story in my head in between all the real life things to do. 

Fair sailing and a great day to all.

• Like 2