Game-Labs Forum

Idiot Cousin deleted my character

ultra

Hi, so i realised that my stupid young cousin decided to delete my character 'so he can play a pirate' and so when he gets the game 'i can play pirate with him'. After finding out i promptly went bananas. Is there anyway i can correct this silly mistake? I was like one rank before max with a lot of gold and some craft experience before this.... As you can imagine im not a happy bunny.

• Like 1

How did he get on your char anyway?  Hell there is a reason I made a family steam account for my nephews long time ago when we played games.   Though there really isn't anything you can do.  Well other than making sure you change your steam password and not letting him on your computer of course.

24 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

How did he get on your char anyway?  Hell there is a reason I made a family steam account for my nephews long time ago when we played games.   Though there really isn't anything you can do.  Well other than making sure you change your steam password and not letting him on your computer of course.

As Naval Action does not allow steam family sharing, you would need to buy another alt account for that.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

As Naval Action does not allow steam family sharing, you would need to buy another alt account for that.

Exactly but you don't let them use your steam account. I bought games for them, but I could also make sure they weren't playing games they shouldn't be playing since my sister and brother in law knew nothing of most games.  The point is you get them their own games/accounts and don't let them use your own.   

• Like 1

Hi all bet you had a good laugh over this one lol, i cetainly did after throwing the biggest rage you have ever seen when i realised i need to do the 'long grind' again... 

To the question of exactly how this happened, my cousin decided to come over with his parents to see myself and my 3 year old, he had great interest in NA (hes like 14 fyi) and wanted to buy, i thought well why not have a go, while i go do the dull adult social thing for a few hours. I come back and found my new name was Ultra DevilSon and was suddenly a pirate - ah i thought, he must have used one of my three forge papers i had in redeemables, so ill just use another one and get back home to KPR. NOPE - full character delete, after i realized... man the rage.... 

But i guess it was worth a shot posting here to see if i have any luck. The biggest smack in the face is i have the three forge papers lying in redeemable still.... makes me want to cry at 27  years of age...

Edited by ultra
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, Anolytic said:

Sorry, but there's like a bunch of warnings and confirmations when you delete your character. If you play on EU I can probably help you replace the gold you lost. The rank is gone I'm afraid.

Id love to take you up on that im broke as hell anything would be nice

14 hours ago, ultra said:

Hi all bet you had a good laugh over this one lol, i cetainly did after throwing the biggest rage you have ever seen when i realised i need to do the 'long grind' again... 

To the question of exactly how this happened, my cousin decided to come over with his parents to see myself and my 3 year old, he had great interest in NA (hes like 14 fyi) and wanted to buy, i thought well why not have a go, while i go do the dull adult social thing for a few hours. I come back and found my new name was Ultra DevilSon and was suddenly a pirate - ah i thought, he must have used one of my three forge papers i had in redeemables, so ill just use another one and get back home to KPR. NOPE - full character delete, after i realized... man the rage.... 

But i guess it was worth a shot posting here to see if i have any luck. The biggest smack in the face is i have the three forge papers lying in redeemable still.... makes me want to cry at 27  years of age...

Don't worry about your rank as long as you didn't have any of the rare books it does not matter. I am curse rank and I am still looking for cargo distribution after a LOT of missions being done. Maybe you'll get lucky along the road to your max rank.