Game-Labs Forum

Prime Times and Numbers

Teutonic

More and more I'm getting a sense from players on all sides (such as ARMED, VSCO, NPG even) that it's about the fight, not about owning ports with your color.

We don't have a high population and realistically most of us are concentrating on a portion of the map. The question is simple and the answers may help all of us engage in PvP at certain times in certain places.

What numbers can you get in the different Prime times? I would say we have an Aussie Prime, an "EU" Prime, and a US Prime on global.

if I had to guess for the US, GB, and Pirate nation, On a good day where everyone has been notified to get on for PvP or RvR it seems to be setup like so. Again, this is Strictly the PvP or RvR focused players, the ones we see often at port battles or around points of interest that have high traffic. There could be hundreds of players that never talk or don't take part that we would never know about.

In the US Prime Time --

US : 25 - 40 The range seems to vary based on enthusiasm and distance from capital

GB : 15 - 30 I'm spit balling this but I haven't seen much more. I (probably wrongfully) assume that many brits are PvE focused or are not part of a clan

Pirates : 25 - 40 Number varies based on enthusiasm, but it's not hard to get "all" pirates on board to pvp somewhere.

In the Aussie Prime Time --

US : 5 - 15 ?? it being the US nation I rarely see players on in this timezone

GB : 25 - 35 ?? with ARMED's group they have a solid team

Pirates : 10 - 30 ? A lot of the Aussie pirates I used to see a lot basically don't play unless there is a port battle, so I can't see any constant number here

in the "EU" Prime Time --

US : 10 - 20

GB : 10 - 20

Pirates : 10 - 20

Do you think we can pool together to find a better number and areas of interest to enjoy more battles? besides all the grudges that fuel the pvp in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I have a feeling that there are definitely more players online doing things, but when it comes to Port Battle pictures, Screen fleet battle results, and just seeing the same names in global bantering, this is what it looks like.

Edited by Teutonic

3 minutes ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

For a second i thought it was a thread about prime numbers...

OT- I like your sig, 54th Mass. 

On topic-

I can say that the only solution is as @IndianaGeoff said, getting more people.  There are two ways of doing this.  1- Merge the servers and be damned the bitching about "night flips".  or 2- MASSIVE advertising on STEAM.  

• Like 2

Noble effort, but in vain. 

Over half the population of the server refuses to fight each other.  We’ll continue having to create most of the content on the server until they stop showing up.   

If only the US and Brits would fight each other...

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

As far I have seen, within the same nations, the big clans rule the place and do their own thing without sharing much. Rightfully so, but that's why it is hard to draw everyone together. The big clans have the resources and knowledge to setup their members close to action while everyone else have figure out how to get there on their own. There is a very little sense of nation and the new players, single players, small clans have to thread carefully or get crushed and the pirates outlaw mechanic is a proof of that.

Edited by Rigs

1 hour ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

That doesn't make much sense when they're based on opposite sides of the map.

Luckily there is this new feature in the game that when you conquer a neutral port you can take it over, store ships and teleport to it....maybe even launch attacks from it.  It’s new though, you might not of gotten the memo.  

Brits have had key west now for a couple of weeks.  They can launch a myriad of attacks from there on US and pirate ports.  But they won’t, it’s easier to take all the empty grey dots.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Noble effort, but in vain. 

Over half the population of the server refuses to fight each other.  We’ll continue having to create most of the content on the server until they stop showing up.   

If only the US and Brits would fight each other...

The US did.  Nobody showed up.

But why does this song and dance always end up with more pirate attacks towards the US and no Pirate attacks on a major Brit port?

3 hours ago, IndianaGeoff said:

The US did.  Nobody showed up.

But why does this song and dance always end up with more pirate attacks towards the US and no Pirate attacks on a major Brit port?

Sadly I'll be bluntly honest about this one.  CAUSE THEY ARE SO SPREAD OUT.  It's hard to get things set up and most the time it ends up in taking empty port after empty port and folks get bored.  While the US stays mostly in one area it's easier to get folks to show up and fight them.   

The other problem is every time we turn to fight the BRITS the US goes after our week side.  We can't fight two front wars like that with our numbers so if some one keeps attacking us we are going to keep attacking them back too.  Though it seems US might have been getting a bit wiser to things now (thing it helps having other clans now in charge than NPG) that constantly attacking some one that beats you ever time pretty much isn't the best thing.  

We are honestly trying to leave your ports alone in Norther Bahama and trying to encourage other nations to come play in that area too.  We offer up Nassau as a port to fight over, but if ya'll keep attacking our lower Bahamas ports I'll promise you we will go after your upper Bahama ports.   One nation owning all the Shallows is bad as than no one has anything to hunt.  

And to get things straight we have attacked Major Brit ports in the past and held them.  This doesn't mean we won't in the future.  It just takes longer to get the logistics to do such and not be spread out to thin.  British biggest weakness is how spread out they are.  We all found that out last patch when we did go after the Brits.  I'll remind you we only took two US ports.  How many Brit ports did we take?   We took over half there ports and than some....so don't say we never attack the Brtis.  US got off very easy RvR wise last map.   

I'll also add it prob didn't help the US rolling up to Cayo when we flipped it with 30+ ships most of them SOL's.  Proven they have a fighting force.  So guess where our attention went?  St aright to the US.  Brits haven't done this yet, but they are creeping up a bit to close to our waters for there own good.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Looks like global totally needs 3 more nations!

On global I think those new nations will get a few players and alts and that is it.  IT's the EU server with players from those nations that going to fill them up.  I'm pretty sure the Devs did it to make those players happy.  Since they tend to do a lot to make EU players happy while forgetting about the rest of there player base and number one sales of the games.....

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

On global I think those new nations will get a few players and alts and that is it.  IT's the EU server with players from those nations that going to fill them up.  I'm pretty sure the Devs did it to make those players happy.  Since they tend to do a lot to make EU players happy while forgetting about the rest of there player base and number one sales of the games.....

I agree with you tex, as a European player on the eu server. I see the new three nations really upsetting the ballance of power.

The only possible long term addition to NA is a single server. 

Eu players in mixture of nations, with the global server boosting us/gb/pirate numbers....

One server is the future guys...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

I agree with you tex, as a European player on the eu server. I see the new three nations really upsetting the ballance of power.

Eu players in mixture of nations, with the global server boosting us/gb/pirate numbers....

In this phase they always should of had one server until they where ready to release.  Never been on a game still in alpha that run mulit servers other than a pre-test and than the live server.   They can always split things after release and add more servers as they go or needed.  

There is something that isn't working if the server with the most pop right now has folks complaining about PvP when the lower pop server is getting a lot of pvp.  We tend to keep a constant number of players through out the day too other than around server down time.   A constant number of players around the clock is better than a big spike during only a small few hour window in my book.  

Maybe they are doing the new nations only to test mechanics so folks won't freak out when they are implemented into other nations. Like it would be a great mechanics with other things for PIrates to have.   No real home capital other than the one we make for the nation.  As a pirate player I thought we where suppose to be hard core mode?   More like we are just a bastard red headed step child of a nation.

Lets see how things go on next week.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rhodry Heidenrich said:

I kind of scratched my head a little bit when I saw the mechanics for the new nations, when those mechanics would have been great to give to Ze Pyrates. The last map reset would have a good time to do it as well. 

Add it to the other clan friendly from other nations option and you now have Privateers faction that can fight for other nations. If you don't want to do that than just be a Pirate/Outlaw and do your thing in the OW.   

I think they could easily make Pirates a Privateer faction and have clans work much like Merc Units in MWO where they can be contracted out to work for Nations/clans.  Any one not in a clan than can just be your pirate/outlaws.  I'll just keep crossing my fingers and hoping they do something like that some day.  

I agree, if they want RvR to be a large component to this game, it needs to have more depth to it and Privateers who contract to the highest bidder would be a good addition to the game. I'd certainly hope that Game Labs would do a better job of balancing those type of mechanics. PGI has failed miserably in that regard which is one of the reasons why Faction Play in MW:O is such a god awful mess. Almost all of the heavy hitting units in MW:O are Mercs who spend most of their time on the same side of the "conflict", where they mercilessly farm PuGs. 

But, a lot these ideas are moot because they can't be properly tested for balance without there being a healthy population. That's not going to happen until we finally can bring everyone into the same pool. Hard to do when there's still a group of loud mouthed cryhards who can't understand that this is a GLOBAL game, and that having restrictive RvR windows is stupid. Especially when those windows only "benefit" players in one or two time zones, and leave everyone else out in the breeze. I'm not really into RvR, but that doesn't mean I don't want it to be fun for those who do. 

6 hours ago, monk33y said:

Preach it brotha!

Thoughts @admin?  If you're not too busy on xbox that is :-)

Edited by Christendom

7 hours ago, monk33y said:

Completely agree

• Like 1