Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Weekend 4 - New round of testing

Sorry captains had some family emergency so the post is late

Weekend 4 round of testing started an hour ago. 

In this patch

• Significant balancer update
    • Balancer now balances by rank
    • Prioritizes players
    • Increases BR of groups 
  • Group size increased to 6 captains
  • Weather presets
  • Like 9

9 minutes ago, admin said:

Sorry captains had some family emergency so the post is late

Sorry to hear it. Hope everything works out ok.

• Like 5

Sorry to say, but I dont see much point in playing Legends at the moment, player base is extremely low, and not really keen on grinding to lineships in PvE just so it gets wiped again anyway

• Like 3

Too bad these tests go in the weekends only. Currently I'm travelling almost every weekend.

6 minutes ago, Liq said:

Sorry to say, but I dont see much point in playing Legends at the moment, player base is extremely low, and not really keen on grinding to lineships in PvE just so it gets wiped again anyway

I don't think grinding to lineships is the purpose of testing at this stage.. Too much E in the Pv can be a problem though.

48 minutes ago, Fellvred said:

any chance we can open it up to more ppl to test out the balancer? :)

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Too bad these tests go in the weekends only. Currently I'm travelling almost every weekend.

I don't think grinding to lineships is the purpose of testing at this stage.. Too much E in the Pv can be a problem though.

1 hour ago, Liq said:

I may remember that admin or Ink wrote that this is the last weekend before it gets available for the public aka all NA userers not just the one that asked for keys.

Edit:

Ok it may not the last weekend before NAL open doors to everyone.

On 11.10.2017 at 10:44 AM, admin said:

We are finishing update to the balancer and are tuning the xp system and the annoying ram bug. 
Once its tested during weekend we will open the beta to all NA owners and make it run continuously.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Still in 2nd Match and not worth playing as nothing has been fix. Carro Aim may even be worse with 2 decks.  And Chat don't even work 1/2 the time how is this even possible.

Edited by JobaSet

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Just drop down and play what people are playing?

8 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Just drop down and play what people are playing?

But thats not rewarding regarding progress :P

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

u don't know Chat not work after 1 battle

Try to scroll chat and messages will appear, probably your chat is  in reading mode.

3 minutes ago, sterner said:

Try to scroll chat and messages will appear, probably your chat is  in reading mode.

it same prob from last weekend. U can type nothing shows up and You can't read anything someone types until you close game and come back.  It not after ever battle but but close. Only in the lobby the match chat works if u move mouse over to start

Edited by JobaSet

3 hours ago, JobaSet said:

it same prob from last weekend. U can type nothing shows up and You can't read anything someone types until you close game and come back.  It not after ever battle but but close. Only in the lobby the match chat works if u move mouse over to start

I had this problem and fixed it by activating mouse to place cursor in chat box. 

Initial feedback

• BR balancing is better
    • Cancel that !! If you play with a higher rank captain, even though he sails the same ships as you,.,.you end in 4 v 7 !!
  • Not seeing player names anymore with Alt
  • Chat seems to fail sometimes
  • The scores (as in points) are not showing (ie if you have 300 pts coz of circles/kills etc)
  • Pretty sure Im not getting XP if I leave a battle before its conclusion
Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Liq said:

servers off?

3 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Server crash at 6:10 edt

There is a major issue where Captains Rank gets the oppostion to have the same ship as his max ship. So if yo ship down in your snow or whatever, at Lt, maybe to help a mate, you end up being matched against a Cerb.

17 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

There is a major issue where Captains Rank gets the oppostion to have the same ship as his max ship. So if yo ship down in your snow or whatever, at Lt, maybe to help a mate, you end up being matched against a Cerb.

Rank does not affect the balancer. Ships in a group and group size affects the balancing.

• Organized groups are stronger - 3 ships in a group are much stronger than 3 random players and balancing is affected (should be) by it. So 3 grouped players will probably see stronger opponents. 
  • Groups are balanced against a strongest ship in a group to demotivate bringing light ships with them, which affect experience for others on your side (no-one wants to see a cutter in a 25v25 lineship fight. In the future cutter wont be able to group with 1st rates and vice versa. 
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 8:59 AM, Jeheil said:

• Not seeing player names anymore with Alt
  • Chat seems to fail sometimes

Alt shows names at 500m or below

Chat workaround - scroll up to the first messages in chat and then scroll all the way down. For some reason scrolling down (not up) stops updating your chat (you receive messages but to see them you have to scroll up and down again - we are working on a fix)

• Like 1