Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Goldman

BR Issues

I am hunting on my Prince (50 BR) and I can't tag any 4th rate with 250 BR or 2x Indiamen with 250+ BR. I am sure I can kill or attempt to hunt that kind of ships, but BR fails. Can we finally get to know the formula of BR tagging?

4 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I am hunting on my Prince (50 BR) and I can't tag any 4th rate with 250 BR or 2x Indiamen with 250+ BR. I am sure I can kill or attempt to hunt that kind of ships, but BR fails. Can we finally get to know the formula of BR tagging?

You have to be within 200 BR to tag.   The trick is have a cheap expendable NPC ship with you to boost your BR, or have a friend nearby to boost your BR.  

I thought it was 100?  However, I've been tagged into combat by over 200 BR difference before.  Then I can't tag other ships it seems like I should be able to.  I have no idea how it works. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

10 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I thought it was 100?  However, I've been tagged into combat by over 200 BR difference before.  Then I can't tag other ships it seems like I should be able to.  I have no idea how it works. 

Might be 100... been a while for myself. 

2 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I was able to dig it out of the code:   IF((RNG*3)/(RNG*BR+RNG*RNG)-(BR*RNG)/(RNG^2))

What's RNG? I thought we've got already enough of that in a game :rolleyes:

I had the same problem tagging a Wasa in my Prince. I have been upset about this for awhile now. Before the Prince, I was having problems attacking Indiamans in my Privateer. Even if the game feels its an unfair fight, I should be able to attack who I want!

Edited by Capn Rocko