Game-Labs Forum

PB Attackers can enter contested port after battle over

Hawkwood

Question

After the PB is done, you need to wait 15 minutes in a battle, i guess untill you get kicked out by game, if the port is taken, then youcan enter contested port as an attacker.

This prevents the attacker fleet from additional screening attacks, means attacker does not have to leave the battle into OW.

Is this a bug or is it something that should be this way?

7 answers to this question

Imagine what happens when the attacker lost. Then the defender can gather up with screening outside and crush the rest of the attackers portbattlefleet.

When we attacked Road Town yesterday we were aware that we could lose our whole portbattlefleet if we dont win. in addition the portbattlefleet yesterday had barely any repairs left.

This is a much bigger problem in my opinion.

Works the other way around too. Attacker wins the portbattle but cant enter the port and gets destroyed in front of the harbor.

Edit: Remember what happened to the SORRY fleet after they lost at Cap-Francais in 4th rates.

Edited by Abram Svensson
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Lol, i am asking if this is a bug or is it supposed to be so?

You dont NEED to wait 15 minutes just until every player from both sides left the battle.

If the port would switch to contested when the battle is over and not later with the battle report, the attacker wouldnt wait so long.

I would say its not a bug.

The victorious attacker just uses the 15 minutes timer so all get kicked out and they can be sure to enter the port.

44 minutes ago, Cortez said:

After the PB is done, you need to wait 15 minutes in a battle, i guess untill you get kicked out by game, if the port is taken, then youcan enter contested port as an attacker.

This prevents the attacker fleet from additional screening attacks, means attacker does not have to leave the battle into OW.

Is this a bug or is it something that should be this way?

After a PB you can enter the port as soon as everyone leaves the PB.  If some knucklehead doesn't leave the PB you can't get into the contested port because the PB instance hasn't ended. 

If you're playing with/against jerks that game the system so their buddies can gank you, I guess you got to wait.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Salty Dog on Global said:

After a PB you can enter the port as soon as everyone leaves the PB.  If some knucklehead doesn't leave the PB you can't get into the contested port because the PB instance hasn't ended. 

If you're playing with/against jerks that game the system so their buddies can gank you, I guess you got to wait.

Ok, got it. Thank you for the answer.