Game-Labs Forum

Tournament - Applications and preliminary rulesetting

Liq

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Also maybe its just me but I think the team BR is a bit too low. You cant even field 3 proper 5th rates (excluding Surp). Not a fan of seeing Brigs doing nothing but shooting sails and running or some bullshit

nothing worse than having every group with the same combo of ships.  Limiting BR means variety.  

• Like 1

Also, I think Pirate Frigate should be 190 BR with the Essex. Maybe even 200. The combination of high thickness, fantastic turning, big guns, and great sailing profile seems a bit overpowered at 180 BR.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Liq said:

Community made BattleRating list:

• Lynx - 20
  • Cutter - 25
  • Privateer - 30
  • Pickle - 40
  • Brig - 50
  • Prince de Neufchatel - 50
  • Snow - 60
  • Navy Brig - 70
  • Rattlesnake Heavy - 80
  • Mercury - 80
  • Niagara - 90
  • Cerberus - 100
  • Renommee - 110
  • Surprise - 140
  • Hermione - 160
  • Frigate - 170
  • Belle Poule - 180
  • Pirate Frigate - 180
  • Essex - 190
  • Trincomalee - 200
  • Endymion - 210
  • Indefatigable - 220
  • Constitution - 230
  • Ingermanland - 240
  • Wappen von Hamburg - 240
  • Agamemnon - 260
  • Wasa - 320
  • 3rd Rate - 380
  • Bellona - 400
  • St. Pavel - 450
  • Bucentaure - 470

I don't get why the frigate has 20-30 br less than Trinc. It's harder to hit bounces more,  has far better turn,  sailing profile. 

14 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I don't get why the frigate has 20-30 br less than Trinc. It's harder to hit bounces more,  has far better turn,  sailing profile. 

Will have a look at it again when I get home

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Maybe Im wrong but this BR comments could be very useful for the rebalance needed for variety in port battles.

Or a precursor to months and months of "Buff this ship's BR, nerf this ship's BR, devs!" and BR-efficiency meta fleets.

19 minutes ago, rediii said:

To make it easy and less drama i would just say unrestricted repairs tbh

I guess with 15 min timer it's ok. I'm still against multi repairs in battle in general  but I think we shouldn't have rules to keep things simple and easy to moderate.

• Like 1

Unlimited reps is most simple and foolproof.

Not sure if it will result in most interesting fights tbh, might end up with many ships not sunk at the end of the battle. I tend to lean towards one rep of hull, rig and rum each. However, this might be somewhat difficult to enforce. And suppose this rule is broken, will it mean the entire team is disqualified or loses the match? Or maybe the offending player is removed for the duration of the current battle?

6 hours ago, EliteDelta said:

Also, I think Pirate Frigate should be 190 BR with the Essex. Maybe even 200. The combination of high thickness, fantastic turning, big guns, and great sailing profile seems a bit overpowered at 180 BR.

Tbh I see the Pirate Frigs BR higher aswell. Compared to a Connie at 230, 180 really seems to be okay though. 230 for such a ship means underestimating its combat abilities in a propper team - comparing it to a Wasa with 320 (which seems adequate).

As Hachi is biased towards the Trinc, I am to the PFrig tho ;)

Will there be any limitation regarding upgrades? Imo some too expensive or too hard to get mods should be banned, in the end even a team of poor players should have the same winning chances as teams with high economical backing. For me that would mean no:

- Cartagena
- Elite perm mods (everything that needs a skillbook to build)
- Elite regular mods (everything that needs to be crafted from multiple skillbooks)

Maybe Bovenwinds or Bridgetown? Not sure.

6 hours ago, Havelock said:

Will there be any limitation regarding upgrades? Imo some too expensive or too hard to get mods should be banned, in the end even a team of poor players should have the same winning chances as teams with high economical backing. For me that would mean no:

- Cartagena
- Elite perm mods (everything that needs a skillbook to build)
- Elite regular mods (everything that needs to be crafted from multiple skillbooks)

Maybe Bovenwinds or Bridgetown? Not sure.

TBH I dont think we should put the limits too high. Teams should be able to customize the ships to their likings, and additionally it's going to be very hard, if not impossible, to make sure ALL the ships in battles actually do not have any of the banned refits. Someone can send me a screenshot of a Trinc without Cartagena refit, but that doesnt mean I can be 100% positive that he is going to use that specific setup.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, monk33y said:

Personally I'd ban any live oak, white oak combos from this event. Make ship and player skill be king...

I also do not think we should ban certain builds.. Sure, Live Oak White Oak is super tanky, but it's not practical, at all. In the right hands a teak - white oak build will do much better. IMHO more options are better in this case.

• Like 1