Game-Labs Forum

Server merge until release

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

From the horses mouth....  FACT.

Hey mate ... I'll tell you another FACT.

Take the number of USA purchasers and compare them to the sum of all European purchasers.

Edited by victor

Just now, victor said:

Hey mate ... I'll tell you another FACT.

Take the number of USA purchasers and compare them to the sum of all European purchasers.

Let us add in the AU, CN, BRA, players to the US numbers.   And throw in the Chinese with that for good measure.. seeing as they play on GLOBAL.

Just now, Hodo said:

Let us add in the AU, CN, BRA, players to the US numbers.   And throw in the Chinese with that for good measure.. seeing as they play on GLOBAL.

Actually they do not play on global, since you are four cats.

At the end of the story, you have to blame your community for not being active enough on your server, not try to spoil the game of the EU one.

Just now, victor said:

Actually they do not play on global, since you are four cats.

At the end of the story, you have to blame your community for not being active enough on your server, not try to spoil the game of the EU one.

Australians,  Canadians, Brazilians, and Chinese dont?  Hmm... I guess I should tell CKA, and a few of the other clans on Global that they are on the wrong server then.  

On 10/11/2017 at 4:46 PM, Christoph said:

We need more players! More Players=More Action!!!

Please merge Server until release and bring the defence port timer back!

Only if all Servers are Merged into the PvE Server :)

Sorry but if you Merge the PvE Server into the PvP Server you will not even get 5% of the Players there. Cause they will just Quit the Game instead. :P

6 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Only if all Servers are Merged into the PvE Server :)

Sorry but if you Merge the PvE Server into the PvP Server you will not even get 5% of the Players there. Cause they will just Quit the Game instead. :P

I dont think anyone was talking about merging the PVE server into anything.  Most of us have forgotten it existed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Clearly the devs have.  I asked twice how they plan for players to establish a capital for the new nations on the PVE server and they ignored it.  The obvious reason they didn't think about that, or don't care, or both.

That is a topic for another thread.  But it is a good question.

I did post that question (twice) in the appropriate thread.  However, it is also a good question for this thread too since the only way to establish Admiralty in a new nation on the PVE server would be if that server were merged also.  I am not an advocate of that solution, but if that's not done then the question needs to be answered.

I would fully support a merge of the PVP servers as the major complaint from the PVP side is that they cant find PVP on those servers,  and allowing those players who only wish to PVE move to the PVE server. That would give the PVP community back their server, and increase the PEW PEW,  It would also give the PVE community what they want, the ability to play as they wish. What we dont want to do is lose players again, and if PVP and PVE servers are merged many active players currently on the PVE side will simply move on to other games, the communities on each server type are radically different but both have paid for the game and both should have a place in it.  

On 10/11/2017 at 11:01 AM, Farrago said:

Geeze, at this point neither a merge nor keeping 3 servers will "save the game". Only continuing and refining improvements will. For now, keep the current server setup and let the future decide.

Looking in to my (optimistic) crystal ball:

1) Devs finally hit a home run and game becomes popular.

2) Population is so great that not only do we not need PB windows, we need to expand the map so that there is more space to play.

THIS would be the ultimate definition of game success: I choose to sail in the Dutch East Indies fleet right now. In a few months my ships may participate in our attempt to conquer the Greek isles.

We need a far larger population on Global than we achieved during the summer to continue with the current PB/RvR system.  Thousands, at least.  Even then experience over the summer suggests that players will self-segregate into timezone based nations and night/workflip their enemies into quitting.  Either the timescale of RvR has to lengthen to multiple days, or we need some kind of RvR time windowing to eliminate the stupid soul-sucking flipping wars.  

1 hour ago, Mpat120 said:

I would fully support a merge of the PVP servers as the major complaint from the PVP side is that they cant find PVP on those servers,  and allowing those players who only wish to PVE move to the PVE server. That would give the PVP community back their server, and increase the PEW PEW,  It would also give the PVE community what they want, the ability to play as they wish.

What are you talking about?  There already is a PVE server where the "PVE community" is.

2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I think he means that he wants his PvP Server Char change to PvE Server so he doesnt need to Start from.Scratch there

Mine has already made that move, but for the others that only want to PVE should be allowed the chance to move to the PVE side if the 2 PVP servers are merged.

38 minutes ago, Mpat120 said:

Mine has already made that move, but for the others that only want to PVE should be allowed the chance to move to the PVE side if the 2 PVP servers are merged.

People who only want to PVE would presumably already be on the PVE server.  It's been there all along.

4 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

People who only want to PVE would presumably already be on the PVE server.  It's been there all along.

Yes and No.

You See in the Past the PvP Server had Safezones on every National Port.

So PvP happened on Port Battles, Open Sea away from the Coast and Free Towns. While the Nation Ports were mostly Safe.

Since then alot of stuff has changed back and forth over and over.

So People wanting to Switch Servers but not wanting to lose all the their stuff is likely not such a rare case.

6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Yes and No.

You See in the Past the PvP Server had Safezones on every National Port.

So PvP happened on Port Battles, Open Sea away from the Coast and Free Towns. While the Nation Ports were mostly Safe  

I've seen you post this several times. When was this?

At least since last December but prior to Patch 11, there was a SMALL green zone around the capitol city. Battles made within that zone stayed open to the owner for defender reinforcements to enter but there were no AI super killers to push a button and summon. PVP Battles (and yes, ambushes of newbies and traders) happened often around national ports. Attackers ran the risk of facing revenge fleets on battle exit as well but to say nation ports were safe would be incorrect.

Regardless, we have nice big safe zones now.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, Anolytic said:

There's already 987654321 topics about this. Do we need another one?

Reveal hidden contents

btw: No.

That depends, it's a good topic if you want to reach 987654322 topics on the same subject :D

It's always a good idea to have more player, the problem is that game implementation were not satisfying in the past, doing again the sames mistakes won't solve the problems i'm afraid.

7 hours ago, Farrago said:

I've seen you post this several times. When was this?

At least since last December but prior to Patch 11, there was a SMALL green zone around the capitol city. Battles made within that zone stayed open to the owner for defender reinforcements to enter but there were no AI super killers to push a button and summon. PVP Battles (and yes, ambushes of newbies and traders) happened often around national ports. Attackers ran the risk of facing revenge fleets on battle exit as well but to say nation ports were safe would be incorrect.

Regardless, we have nice big safe zones now.

The Small green zone which stayed open for the defender reinforcements was one of the attempts to fix the ganking issue without bringing back Safezones. But that was pretty far in I think. At this Time the Server Population had already been reduced to less than half of what it was.

Needless to say it Failed Horribly.

I think I and my Clan Quit in April or May 2016. Albeit at this time. More than Half of everyone we Knew had already Left the Game because it was just a Ganking Fest.

The Update where they Removed NPC Reinforcements and attempted to replace it with Player Only Driven Protection. Was in February or March 2016 I think.  But it might be a bit later as well. As you might understand. I did not really keep track of every Patches Date.

And yes.

Now we got Fairly Big Safezones.

As I said before. I dont mind them being Reduced in Size to make sure they stop Overlapping RvR Ports that are not Supposed to be Covered.

As long as they dont become too small for killing NPCs and Missions inside. Thats pretty fine with me.