Game-Labs Forum

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

Just now, George Washington said:

It should cost money to tow Navy. 

6th-5th rates = 10k

4-3rd rates = 50k

2-1st rates = 100k

100k to tow a 1st rate? You might as well make it free. Multiply it by 20 and we're talking.

In the time you'd save by not sailing half way across the map you can easily earn 1,5-3 million.

• Like 6

Admiralty Here's what you do . you bring the new nation in were ever there going after the this happens lets say my level 3 ship yard and factory are on that port , nothing happens to them but I can't access them then you issue moving papers sail to you new port and open or you won't to join a new nation the the same press move sail to new port and open . 

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Are you playing? My mission gives me way more than that.

My trading trips gave me five times that money.

Casual player 5th rate mission. I am not talking about your 1st rate end game fleet. You think all new guys will sail 1st rates and such from the start? I agree for Vets it will be no problem, but we don't care about Vets. We care about long happy stay for new guys who will provide population numbers, econ and everything else. 

My past suggestion was to introduce Battle Points that can be used to Tow ships. Fight in any battle and earn BP. Use them to travel the world. 

Edited by George Washington

6 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Casual player 5th rate mission. I am not talking about your 1st rate end game fleet. 

Why suggest that towing a first rate should cost the same as a 5th rate mission then? 

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Why suggest that towing a first rate should cost the same as a 5th rate mission then? 

Well obviously cash is a bad idea then, how about Battle Points? Any OS battle activity generates BP points. Let's say in a mission when you fight NPC and capture his ship you don't get any cash reward, but get Battle Points for damage  you did. Now let's say tow will cost 50 Battle Points per.

7 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Well obviously cash is a bad idea then, how about Battle Points? Any OS battle activity generates BP points. Let's say in a mission when you fight NPC and capture his ship you don't get any cash reward, but get Battle Points for damage  you did. Now let's say tow will cost 50 Battle Points per.

We have combat marks already. Why introduce yet another currency?

Combat marks could work.

Paying 50 combat marks for towing a frigate and 100 for towing a 1st rate.

16 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Mission in a basic cutter = 27 500 (solo, rank 1). 

In basic cutter, kill LGV instead. Easily 100k per battle. And it only takes 10 minutes.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

We have combat marks already. Why introduce yet another currency?

Combat marks could work.

Paying 50 combat marks for towing a frigate and 100 for towing a 1st rate.

Some Marks connected to pvp kills,  You want to make travel only for those who pvp? In fact there are 0 combat marks on the market in most largest ports on US server. This means it will not work if something like this happens. Unless you use PvE marks. 

Tow trader to faraway port (100% safety) - sail halfway (minimal risk since you own the port, who the hell is gonna camp outside of sight range near it all day) - teleport home with cargo (100% safety) - rinse and repeat. Miniscule risk, miniscule effort, miniscule content.

But maybe the plan is to phase out trading completely by introducing crafting by notes for every ship. What a waste of an open world when all the content happens inside instances and its only use is for the 3-5 minute sail it takes to from port, to instance, to port, to instance.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Marks connected to pvp kills, not PvE. You want to make travel only for those who pvp? In fact there are 0 combat marks on the market in most largest ports on US server. This means it will not work if something like this happens. 

Have you played the game? You get combat marks from PvE. Much easier than from PvP in fact.

• Like 1

Have you played the game? You get combat marks from PvE. Much easier than from PvP in fact.

I try. Still 100 marks =  to almost 10 battles. 1 battle takes about 30 minutes in good ship to complete and all depends on fleet size. Question is how long does it take to get 100 marks in Naval Action if you want to use that as currency for travel. 

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I get 40 marks with my first rate (the same you want to tow) and 400k attacking OW fleets. While doing that I can switch off my brain because the NPC doesnt hurt me due to SoL thickness.

What about casual players who will not have 1st rates. Think from the bottom. Guy who got frigate wants to go pvp and tow. What now? We will limit his experience while Vets will have no problem again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I try. Still 100 marks =  to almost 10 battles

The only way you need to tow a 1st rate is if you have a 1st rate. If the guy in your example doesn't have a 1st rate he will have no need to tow a 1st rate. And in a 1st rate it only takes 2-3 missions to get 100 combat marks.

Make it 10 combat marks to tow sloops and brigs.

25 CM to tow frigates.

100 CM to tow Lineships.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

The only way you need to tow a 1st rate is if you have a 1st rate. And in a 1st rate it only takes 2-3 missions to get 100 combat marks.

Make it 10 combat marks to tow sloops and brigs.

25 CM to tow frigates.

100 CM to tow Lineships.

This could work. How long it takes a guy in a frigate to get 25 marks? If time is reasonable to 1 hour then we have a winner. This means 5th rate 1vs1 mission must give away at least 10 marks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Washington said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_Navy

One famous ship would be - Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde

43.jpg

and 

Berlin

285924cb56d9d9976b1de75593ca94d6--model-

List of ships:

Reveal hidden contents

• Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde(frigate)
  • Berlin (frigate)
  • Dorothea (frigate)
  • Rother Löwe (frigate)
  • Carolus Secundus (frigate)
  • Kurprinz von Brandenburg(frigate)
  • Chur Prinz (frigate)
  • Morian (frigate)
  • Wappen von Brandenburg(frigate)
  • Bracke (yacht)
  • Große Jacht (yacht)
  • Wasserhund (warship)
  • Fuchs (warship)
  • Einhorn (warship)
  • Printz Ludwig (warship)
  • Falke (warship)
  • Jean Baptista (warship)
  • Marie (warship)
  • Spandau (warship)
  • Stern (warship)
  • Princesse Maria

No one ever saw any of these ships in the Caribbean

4 minutes ago, pepepotamo said:

No one ever saw any of these ships in the Caribbean

No one ever saw Russians and their bears in Caribbean as well, but they are coming! You create history in game world. It's healthy for the game and it's population. One thing is if Devs stop adding content all these people will quit in a month. Game is too flat right now.

• Like 1