Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Several nations send colonial fleets to West Indies.

Recommended Posts

News flash on the situation in the West Indies. 

Upheaval in Europe
Colonial navies of 3 European Nations will start arriving to the Caribbean in the beginning of next week. The estimated  point of arrival is not yet known, but rumors point to Shroud Cay. It is already known that colonial navies will have no capitals and will have to establish the base of operations by conquest to get access to resources and admiralty services.  Captains who were sailing for foreign nations will be able to change allegiance by means of forged papers that will be provided to all. Captains who want to be ready to switch to their new nation right when patch hits could prepare by closing outposts in national towns moving assets out of them to neutral or free towns.

On the economic front
The windfall tax allowed governments to find the way to provide tow services to captains. From the next week captains will be able to tow 3 ships per day to an outpost of their choosing. To compensate for the cost of the tow service the reinforcement zones will be slightly reduced around uncapturable cities, to not cover 70% of the upper antilles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whaaat... Brace yourselves...

hoist the sails and cut the anchors,  its coming :)

But, but,  did they bring there own ships to ? ,  i think i have to fly a pigeon in for that intel.

mmm..i wonder.. how long that journey takes ^_^

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok good now merge the servers and you're done otherwise these new nations won't have players to be played effectively

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, admin said:

The windfall tax allowed governments to find the way to provide tow services to captains. From the next week captains will be able to tow 3 ships per day to an outpost of their choosing. To compensate for the cost of the tow service the reinforcement zones will be slightly reduced around uncapturable cities, to not cover 70% of the upper antilles. 

Not sure how I feel about getting back towing. But about the reinforcement zones, could you please remove reinforcement zones from captureable cities or make captureable cities that are engulfed by the reinforcement zones into uncaptureable ones. Captureable cities inside the reinforcement zones are fake features.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another nonsense, we are already few players per nation, especially in some, and now we are going to divide more, in three new nations. Do you really think things through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Not sure how I feel about getting back towing. 

 

Towing is fine for the adult men like you and me. Honestly lets focus on fighting and fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe towing should be only between free towns and include 2 factors:

  • Distance (further = longer) - just like resource delivery between free towns, do we really need to wait till maintenance? Could be 2h, 12h or 14h.
  • Ship rate (higher rate = more expensive)

That way everyone can save time and it's not 100% safe and not disrupting RvR actions.

Edited by Peter Goldman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pepepotamo said:

another nonsense, we are already few players per nation, especially in some, and now we are going to divide more, in three new nations. Do you really think things through?

We did think this through. 
The game lacked polish. Right @Bart Smith?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Thonys said:

whaaat... Brace yourselves...

hoist the sails and cut the anchors,  its coming :)

But, but,  did they bring there own ships to ? ,  i think i have to fly a pigeon in for that intel.

mmm..i wonder.. how long that journey takes ^_^

hey tony's you mind borrowing me that pigeon c:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice patch, its the right direction.

15 minutes ago, amplify said:

ok good now merge the servers and you're done otherwise these new nations won't have players to be played effectively

I know on EU Russia and Prussia will probably have a lot of people and Poland some players too.

 

There should be a "transfer a character" from one server to another possible tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So combined with the new port battle changes we could have clans that could behave as their own nation. Adding many more factions could be beneficial to PvP and appeal to more players and potentional players. Could you share your thoughs on that please? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Nice patch, its the right direction.

I know on EU Russia and Prussia will probably have a lot of people and Poland some players too.

 

There should be a "transfer a character" from one server to another possible tho.

why would a u.s timezone or an aussie tmezone person go to the e.u?

there is no rvr for them to do which is the main focus of this game stop the timezones merge the servers most of the games issues can be solved by simply have more people playing on the same server and enjoying this game but this discussion was already had and the devs decided to listen to a small group and alienate everyone but europeans which is their choice i am just saying it was stupid

now it's time for me to stop before i get banned or warned

Edited by amplify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, admin said:

The estimated  point of arrival is not yet known, but rumors point to Shroud Cay.

How does this matter? Just roleplaying / lore or will we only be able to join these nations from shroud cay?

 

25 minutes ago, pepepotamo said:

another nonsense, we are already few players per nation, especially in some, and now we are going to divide more, in three new nations. Do you really think things through?

I don't think many will play those nations in the long run. They are absolute hardmode - only disadvantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, admin said:

Towing is fine for the adult men like you and me. Honestly lets focus on fighting and fun.

3 is a bit to much per day, maybe one a day.  Some folks hardly have that many ships why can I move half my fleet in one day.

21 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I do believe towing should be only between free towns and include 2 factors:

  • Distance (further = longer) - just like resource delivery between free towns, do we really need to wait till maintenance? Could be 2h, 12h or 14h.
  • Ship rate (higher rate = more expensive)

That way everyone can save time and it's not 100% safe and not disrupting RvR actions.

Wasn't the cost before dependent upon the size of the ship and/or distance?

21 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Good news but I wish forged papers were purchasable. That's the real kicker in my opinion.

I have stacks and stacks of them now....so what the hell are they of use to folks that don't switch nations?  Hell let me turn them in for Paint Chest or something for remaining loyal to one nation and not moving around all the time.  That or let me trade them to some that might use them.

 

 

Well maybe testing these new nations will give us hope that they would actually use this for pirates or some type of pirate mechanics cause it would make more since to have pirates with no capitals and having to work up clan base controlled areas than nation based.   Not that we ever expect to get any actual pirate mechanics at this rate.  Instead we get EU nations that had no real influence in these waters during the games based time periods.  And folks are wondering why your having a hard time retaining your none EU player base?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Landsman said:

How does this matter? Just roleplaying / lore or will we only be able to join these nations from shroud cay?

 

I don't think many will play those nations in the long run. They are absolute hardmode - only disadvantage.

I think that if, in Prussia for example, many German players will get involved. They already have resources and ships from other factions in which they are playing, so do not start from an absolute beginning, I would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really Excited about the next patch :wub:!! With tow service back in the game and reduced safezones the game will turn more funny and less time consuming B).

35 minutes ago, admin said:

Towing is fine for the adult men like you and me. Honestly lets focus on fighting and fun.

Totally agree about that!!! Amen bro!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×