Game-Labs Forum

Remove safety zones

I think there is little question that adjustment is required. If they are removed completely then I would suggest other adjustments need to be made: For instance that battle timers closer to capitals be increased or something along those lines. Reinforcements zones allow for safe learning the ropes so to speak but also economic recovery in the absence of battle damage rewards. As in everything a fine balance is required. On the other hand having game mechanics protecting the aggressor in enemy capital waters is also not reasonable. I agree the system is not ideal at present. Hopefully the pendulum can find the happy medium that is acceptable to all players. The game needs to cater for all styles of players from exclusively pvpers to pvers, carebears, traders and crafters. I'm not an advocate for pve servers for those want to avoid being ganked but rather give them space here too within reason.

• Like 2

The safe zones are fine. 

I am pirate and we don't have one effectively because bottom feeders can still seal club other players.

PvP is out there go sail....look for it.

If a player wants to sail in the safe zone, let them, they help the economy and some players like to play like that..

Stop hanging around capitals where mainly new players are and sail out to the neutral ports and you will find PvP.

But then the players at those ports can fight back.....

• Like 1

Anything is better than the clumsy mini-PvE-server solution we currently have.

1.5-2xBR AI reinforcements, or extended timers for defenders to join, or way smaller zones (so that newbie mission-runners are protected but not everyone and their dog) were all far more worthy of testing than what we got.

2 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

Stop hanging around capitals where mainly new players are and sail out to the neutral ports and you will find PvP.

But then the players at those ports can fight back.....

People even complain about that too. How long before we get free port reinforcement zones I wonder.

Freeports are full of fights and will remain pvp hotbeds.

What we need is footfall and that comes in many playstyles. If you are new to this game it is now harder and more complicated than ever so safe zones stop new players swiching off after being sunk three times in a row.

2 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

I wouldn't mind if they get one or two ships similar to the one I attack them in but TEN FIRST RATES? 

Lol....now thats a good point. That was the devs being a bit lazy I think.

Edited by Flash Jack

7 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

Go play PVE Server

Admin already noted that savezones are too big and stated that they should be reduced. But they won't be removed so any discussion about removing savezones is pretty useless.

Just saying.

43 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Admin already noted that savezones are too big and stated that they should be reduced. But they won't be removed so any discussion about removing savezones is pretty useless.

This is the only problem.... they are too big.... way too big. 

1 hour ago, Lord Gud said:

I wouldn't mind if they get one or two ships similar to the one I attack them in but TEN FIRST RATES? 

In other words, the ships you attack are typically so much weaker than yours that two or three more of them wouldn't present much more of a threat? 

Before safety zone implementation, most PvP around our capital was trader ganking  (not so fun for real PvP players), followed by defense fleet reaction (endless pursuit of rapid gankers by a bigger or equal fleet). Giving no real PvP because gankers always refuse combat if they don't have a double power to their opponents. They just go to the nearest free port or below their forts.

This is why safe zones are necessary. They might have to be adjusted, but not removed.

Ganking a Rear Admiral sailing in trader brigs with 4 Surprises, one Renommee and 2 Wasa is not PvP.

• Like 2

Just now, Eléazar de Damas said:

Before safety zone implementation, most PvP around our capital was trader ganking  (not so fun for real PvP players), followed by defense fleet reaction (endless pursuit of rapid gankers by a bigger or equal fleet). Giving no real PvP because gankers always refuse combat if they don't have a double power to their opponents. They just go to the nearest free port or below their forts.

This is why safe zones are necessary. They might have to be adjusted, but not removed.

Ganking a Rear Admiral sailing in trader brigs with 4 Surprises, one Renommee and 2 Wasa is not PvP.

So you're telling me traders shouldn't be able to be ganked? US/GB have the players and now have the endless supply of combat marks and gold to defend their waters.

Just now, Lord Gud said:

10 1st rates is just sad

It has to be like this because AI is hello kittying garbage. Make the ships weaker and you might aswell remove the feature altogether. Good players are already ganking despite the 10 1st rates and even kill people in the zone albeit losing their ship sometime too in the progress... i think @Peter Goldman is one of them... can't remember...

Just now, Lord Gud said:

They are too big and 10 1st rates is just sad..

Why are you always talking about 10x 1st rates?

For each enemy player inside a battle 2x 1st rates are joining as reinforcements. So if 10x 1st rates appearing in your battle it only states that you attacked with 5 players inside the savezone.

Just now, Jœrnson said:

Why are you always talking about 10x 1st rates?

For each enemy player inside a battle 2x 1st rates are joining as reinforcements. So if 10x 1st rates appearing in your battle it only states that you attacked with 5 players inside the savezone.

Attacked a player the other day only 2 of us 10x 1st rates left battle to find 8-10 players waiting to attack us which shows they can defend their waters.

i don't agree , leave the safe zones. they may be too big  but here's something i am seeing a lot more of , since i  changed back from pve to pvp server , i see a few ppl doing the same , which shows me that the game is going in to the right direction. yeah i am a crebare and i like the pve aspect of the game but also the like the thrill of pvp from time to time and there are a lot of pve'rs that think the same way.

1 minute ago, BoomBox said:

i don't agree , leave the safe zones. they may be too big  but here's something i am seeing a lot more of , since i  changed back from pve to pvp server , i see a few ppl doing the same , which shows me that the game is going in to the right direction. yeah i am a crebare and i like the pve aspect of the game but also the like the thrill of pvp from time to time and there are a lot of pve'rs that think the same way.

There is no thrill of PvP doing PVE when you have a safe zone to sit inside all day...

3 minutes ago, BoomBox said:

thrill of pvp from time to time and there are a lot of pve'rs that think the same way

What i was picturing while reading this:

maxresdefault.jpg

But yeah im also for keeping the zones.... they are good to give new players some space ( although i wish it was restricted to low ranks - if you are a veteran and want safe pve, there is a dedicated server for that ).

• Like 2