Game-Labs Forum

tele port to free towns

dear devs pls stop the tele port to free towns it is only a free pass for gankers an it makes it realy difficult to be a trader an provide u nation with the materials to build strong ships for port battle her I'm thinking in particular at la mona an alle the sweedes pirats an brittish gankers. An by the way can u pls close normal missions as soon as they start there is no need for missions to be open other then to let the gankers have easy prey hostility missions I can understand are open

I hope u reply to this soon

thx for a great game all in all tm2804

1 minute ago, tm2804 said:

dear devs pls stop the tele port to free towns it is only a free pass for gankers an it makes it realy difficult to be a trader an provide u nation with the materials to build strong ships for port battle her I'm thinking in particular at la mona an alle the sweedes pirats an brittish gankers. An by the way can u pls close normal missions as soon as they start there is no need for missions to be open other then to let the gankers have easy prey hostility missions I can understand are open

I hope u reply to this soon

thx for a great game all in all tm2804

It seems you don't know Captain Reverse, he's another danish player like you. Ask him if he shares same opinion as yours.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cabral said:

It seems you don't know Captain Reverse, he's another danish player like you. Ask him if he shares same opinion as yours.

tm didn't make his proposal "on behalf of" the Danish Nation. He didn't even make it "as a dane", nor mention the fact that he plays for Danmark. He made a suggestion that in absolutely no way is invalidated by the fact that other Danish players may disagree with him and have different priorities in the game. Neither as a pirate nor as a dane do I agree with his proposed solution, but I don't dismiss his reasons for pointing at a potential problem.

Edited by Anolytic

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

tm didn't make his proposal on behalf of the Danish Nation. He didn't even make it "as a dane", nor mention the fact that he plays for Danmark. He made a suggestion that in absolutely no way is invalidated by the fact that other Danish players may disagree with him and have different priorities in the game. Neither as a pirate nor as a dane do I agree with his proposed solution, but I don't dismiss his reasons for pointing at a potential problem.

I was just trying to point that is getting hard to get pvp in these days and he wants a final nail in the coffin.

Just now, Cabral said:

I was just trying to point that is getting hard to get pvp in these days and he wants a final nail in the coffin.

I dont agree with the OP but I also dont think it would be the final nail in the coffin. 

There are enough other nails in this coffin to think one more would matter.

Ultimately what would help the most is what some of the greatest forum warriors dont want.  A server merger.

26 minutes ago, Przemo said:

My eyes hurt when i read that.

There is no ganking right now. There are so few Free towns left. Im trader and crafter and i see no bigger problem. Problem was before wipe.

if there is no ganking then what do u call it when more then one enemy attacks u in a not fair fight my clan is loosing ships to gankers from la mona every other day now that did not happen so often when there was no tele port to free towns there was still some hunters saling from free towns bud not as maney as now an not in this many big grups

• Like 1

Please no. There are very few freeports left anyway. Don't remove TP to them. I understand that having a freeport near where you sail regularly can increase your chances of being attacked. The Devs understand this too. That's one reason Denmark (in this particular case) is classified as having a higher level of difficulty. It is not designed to be as easy as GB, US, or Spain.

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with freeports.. But people shouldnt be able to tp to them! If they want to gank people near Freeport, then they are "free" to sail there to gank. Then it would be more fair since U cant tp a ship with cargo to the destination one desire!!

Edited by Khemore

3 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Please no. There are very few freeports left anyway. Don't remove TP to them. I understand that having a freeport near where you sail regularly can increase your chances of being attacked. The Devs understand this too. That's one reason Denmark (in this particular case) is classified as having a higher level of difficulty. It is not designed to be as easy as GB, US, or Spain.

im not saing that they shout remove the free towns im only asking that they remove the tele port to free town so those that want to hunt an gank from there have to sail there every time they feel like ganking so us that sail near free towns can get a warning about them bieng on the way as it is now we have no warning an they can get away free almost wiht out risk because they can tele port away an go some where els while we who need to trade are forced to sail past the towns every time that is not fair we traders do all the work so the hunters (gankers) can harvest all the fruits of our work an where is the fun in it for the hunters to attack almost deffens les traders insted of going out an flipping a port u think might be deffendet so u can get some real fights an on that thought I would like to ask the devs to remove the close timers on battles where one player has attack another is more fun when the battles stay open so that all can join all the time it gives more an bigger battles just as it just to be in the old days when I startet playing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hodo said:

I dont agree with the OP but I also dont think it would be the final nail in the coffin. 

There are enough other nails in this coffin to think one more would matter.

Ultimately what would help the most is what some of the greatest forum warriors dont want.  A server merger.

Merger would do very little for some time zones be nice for others...  It wouldn't hurt any of them.

I think the biggest mistake was removing so many of the Free towns... 

I still think IT would have been best to Give the Pirates Igauna Region Kidds Island , Bensalmn and Aves and Cogi... No Green zones around the singles.. They would be Neutral Pirate controlled towns...  So anyone could dock and trade but at own risk... Only pirates could have buildings in them..   Then no RvR for Pirates.. Make SHips and pirate Nationals...

Reinforcement Zones need to be BR level of attackers if the target is above a set rank.. Stupid respond levels to protect the noobs... But if you can fully man any of the 5th rates and you get jumped by 3 other 5th rates all you should get is 2 more 5th rates to help not a 1st Rate Squadron(something which never existed ever in the age of sail)...  Yes I know I rambled.. I'm old deal with it

5 hours ago, Farrago said:

tp to all outposts (even freetowns) in the game's current iteration is such a godsend.

when there were not tps to freetowns, if you were a nation that had no possible way of getting ports near content, you had to sail to the freetown, if you wanted to craft on the same day? sail all the way back. In some cases this would be 2-5 hours a day to just do 10 minutes of activity you wanted to do.

No, I don't want to go back to that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Khemore said:

Then it would be more fair since U cant tp a ship with cargo to the destination one desire!!

Yes you can (within certain limits).

15 hours ago, tm2804 said:

if there is no ganking then what do u call it when more then one enemy attacks u in a not fair fight my clan is loosing ships to gankers from la mona every other day now that did not happen so often when there was no tele port to free towns there was still some hunters saling from free towns bud not as maney as now an not in this many big grups

When more than one enemy attacks you its called a battle.

Show me a battle in history where both side were equal.

Real ganking was effectively stopped with previous patches. Players today use the word every time they sink!

It was dangerous around Nassau and Tortuga in real life to.....

Edited by Flash Jack

2 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Sail there once, and set up an outpost there.  You can TP to that port thereafter.

So no different than any other ports, it's just no risk of losing the outpost?

Does the free town outpost come free of cost?

Edited by Rigs

3 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Correct.  There's a distinction because for a period of time that ability was removed, even though you could have an outpost there.  It came with no Admiralty and no TP.  Now you can TP.

Does the free town outpost come free of cost?