Game-Labs Forum

Gettysburg Let-Down

JochenHeiden

Not so much a let-down as an avoidance of massive casualties for yourself.  If you really do want a 3-day slugfest assaulting Union fortifications, just don't capture Cemetery Hill and you'll have one heck of a time trying to capture Culp's Hill and Little Round Top afterwards.

23 hours ago, The Soldier said:

Not so much a let-down as an avoidance of massive casualties for yourself.  If you really do want a 3-day slugfest assaulting Union fortifications, just don't capture Cemetery Hill and you'll have one heck of a time trying to capture Culp's Hill and Little Round Top afterwards.

Whenever I did Gettysburg day 2 I took the hills with no problem I just couldn't hold them, the causality ratio had to be over 1:4 yet they just flooded me with troops and I lost the battle 

It's hard to explain, my unit composition was very good.  I came in with two very strong corps and I basically cornered the Union Army at the lower right edge of the map and pounded them into submission.  I took 5000 casualties by the end of the day.  I may try to find a saved-game from that time period and replay it and record it for you to see how I did it.