Game-Labs Forum
AegorBlackfyre

Post your most wanted sequel to ultimate general no matter how insane they are.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:20 AM, daztek said:

I love the idea of a late Roman / Justinian game

Otherwise, any of the 18thC / 19thC wars already mentioned would be awesome

Did anyone mention War of the Spanish Succession / Great Northern War? Throw that into the mix too

If it's Napoleon, start with his Italian campaign in 1796 and work forward

This truly. If one day they work out how melee should work, anything Rome related would be amazing 

16 hours ago, Koro said:

This truly. If one day they work out how melee should work, anything Rome related would be amazing 

They have shown a talent for linear tactics; I strongly suggest they continue playing to their strength. 

What I would like to see in a Napoleonic or 18th century game is the variety of uniform colors while still having sprites that are simple and not memory heavy so that the game can run smoothly on most computers including laptops one uses when travelling for work.Something akin to the sprites used in the Battleground series from John Tiller (but animated of course). We would still have the jolt of colors while keeping simple and effective sprites, not going with full Total War details which should not be the priorities for such a game.

Remeber a game "Age of Rifles"?  It was a turn based strategy game from the early 90's - it was awesome. 

I think the engine suitable for ranged weapons from SIlesian Wars to pre-IWW is achieveable, as was shown in the mentioned game. Various campaigns, scenarios, a real ultimate general game that can cover from Kolin to Boer War. But I understand that for $ and development reasons it will be done most likely bit by bit ;) 

So my choice would be Napoleonic wars, huzzah!