• Princes Wilhelmina
    • Wenden
    • Vrijheid class
    • Téméraire class
    • Montañés class
    • Wreker class
    • HMS Foudroyant

11 hours ago, Intrepido said:

So, there are possibilities that more than only one ship from this poll will be made into the game.

If we need several ships to fill gaps, the logical decision would be to choose at least 2, one third rate and one superfrigate. Both of them chosen by the community and another ship by the devs.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why do we need another superfrigate? We have a number of heavy frigates already... 

Edited by Arvenski

1 hour ago, Arvenski said:

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why do we need another superfrigate? We have a number of heavy frigates already... 

59 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Only trinco and connie are superfrigates (+50 guns).

And trinco is well... Id rather pick a pirate frigate instead.

If you are going to add more super frigates (and at the risk of being a bit boring and predictable of me) you may as well look more into their conception which means Venice and the fregata grossa rated ships, first theorised as a concept in the 1710s with the first ship being launched in 1724 its a substantial shift in naval thought, its also not unlikely these ships played a more important role in the development of the US fleet than is really written about or documented, it being extremely improbable that the US constitutional delegation in Venice wouldn't have been shown these ships during their prolonged stay trying to uncover what created stable governance and society as part of other smaller tasks within the city, especially looking at maritime trade in the face of adversity, as the USA faced trying to trade in British controlled water similarly to the Venetians in Turkish dominated seas and how the nimble fregata grossa supported the mercantile fleet.

Realistically the current crop of heavy frigates isn't bad either, it doesn't really need expanding on that much at least in the short term until we pad out other areas of the game. If you are looking at it from a completionist point of view it makes far more sense to add something the game doesn't currently have which is the trusty old 50 gun ship of the line like famous HMS Leopard, or perhaps something a from the line up of 50s that might be a little more unusual, either way i'd prefer to see something slightly different coming in than another super frigate for now.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

No one wants the Wilhelmina... What's up with you dutchies?

I knew I have said bad things about the wrecker (no history, nothing special except the name (this is funny), not really a third rate but more a second rate like Pavel...) but come on, the Wilhelmina is a good ship of 50 guns, and game lacks ships in that range.

In one thread, Admin asked about the Wilhelmina, so he might be interested in adding her. She only needs 20 votes to surpass the other heavy frigates and we might see her in NA soon!

8 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If the 3rd Rates weren't in the poll I'm sure Wilhelmina would get lots of votes

But the competition is very fierce in third rates, meanwhile we can easily win the second most voted ship with the Wilhelmina. 

If the second most voted ship is a 50 guns gamelabs will probably do it. On the contrary, not so sure if the same will happen with the wrecker. Come on guys, you know I might have the reason.

One 74 and a 50 guns in the same pool, 2 birds in one shoot!

1 hour ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

But the competition is very fierce in third rates, meanwhile we can easily win the second most voted ship with the Wilhelmina. 

If the second most voted ship is a 50 guns gamelabs will probably do it. On the contrary, not so sure if the same will happen with the wrecker. Come on guys, you know I might have the reason.

One 74 and a 50 guns in the same pool, 2 birds in one shoot!

40-gun Venus is as powerful as in-game 50-gun Trincomalee (same broadside weight = about 350 pds) and has already got enough votes to be in good position in this poll. Better vote now for the lightest category of ships of this poll (especially for the Friderichsværn) ;)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The poll is now closed.

The 3 vessels with the most votes have been chosen to be added to the line-up:

• Montañés
  • Wrecker
  • Téméraire

The exact date is unknown yet and depends on many factors, but most likely the 3 new ships could be added during 2018.

Poll results:

pMR9IWW.png

Thanks to all who proposed and voted, and enjoy your future sailing !

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Barberouge said:

The poll is now closed.

The 3 vessels with the most votes have been chosen to be added to the line-up:

• Montañés
  • Wrecker
  • Téméraire

Thanks to all who proposed and voted, and enjoy your future sailing !

Wow! Three ships got chosen after all. That's really great.

17 hours ago, Haratik said:

three new third rates, that will shake up end game play a bit, no?

Also here it seems that Devs said a thing and made another: if I do not remember wrong they told that we should choose a new 3rd rate, a new super frigate and a new medium frigate ... result .... we have 3 new third rates in the pipeline!

Edited by victor

22 minutes ago, victor said:

Also here it seems that Devs said a thing and made another: if I do not remember wrong they told that we should choose a new 3rd rate, a new super frigate and a new medium frigate ... result .... we have 3 new third rates in the pipeline!

Devs said there were those 3 gaps to fill, not that they'd choose one ship per gap (too bad they didn't).

Voters have chosen.

Not very wisely...

IMHO

It was a vote about nations, not about ships. 3 ships, 3 nations. I guess voters are happy.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2