• Princes Wilhelmina
    • Wenden
    • Vrijheid class
    • Téméraire class
    • Montañés class
    • Wreker class
    • HMS Foudroyant

39 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Guys please. Remember that the devs have one wild card and they have said there will be dutch ships in the game.

So just do not worry about this poll, you will sail your dutch ship sooner or later.

Yeah they said that once before and there's still no Dutch ships, so believe it when we see it.

48 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Guys please. Remember that the devs have one wild card and they have said there will be dutch ships in the game.

So just do not worry about this poll, you will sail your dutch ship sooner or later.

I understand and i agree with you , allthough i do think that it has taken long. The Dutch have had times that they ruled the seven seas.. and still dont have a ship. So i do agree with you.. but i do think it has taken long.

10 minutes ago, Haratik said:

Yeah they said that once before and there's still no Dutch ships, so believe it when we see it.

1 minute ago, GreatTimo said:

I understand and i agree with you , allthough i do think that it has taken long. The Dutch have had times that they ruled the seven seas.. and still dont have a ship. So i do agree with you.. but i do think it has taken long.

Guys, we are talking here about the word given by a developper to a part of his community. And also, it is not as hard to make a ship as a mechanic or another game thing, so you will eventually have it.

In fact, the admin made a post in the initial poll about the wishes of the dutch community. They know what you want.

Just be patient.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Guys, we are talking here about the word given by a developper to a part of his community. And also, it is not as hard to make a ship as a mechanic or another game thing, so you will eventually have it.

In fact, the admin made a post in the initial poll about the wishes of the dutch community. They know what you want.

Just be patient.

Well, Dutch ships has been promised as far i am aware is back in sea trails and yet multiple ships have been added which of which are of either minor nations like Hamburg or one of the already 'over-represented'. Not even a small trader of which the Dutch are famous for.... only some knock off ships so far with the Indiaman,and the Yacht. 

We have even on the trader ships with the same amount of guns as a 3rd rate or sol 4th, the 68 gun Pieter Paulus (1800)of which plans are posted off, but even the most used trader at the time the Fluit or Fluyt is not ingame. 

And even then the poll missed it complete target by including ships of already represented nation like the French, American and British for example.

2 hours ago, George Washington said:

They all will have to be perfectly balanced , so we don't have Wasa scenario again. Where Wasa made Inger, Constitution and Agamemnon obsolete. 

Only because ships are given exceptional characteristics of their class rather than typical values which gives a ridiculous state to attempt to balance, Wasa should be a 60 gun 24 lb ship, not a 64 x 32lb monster,  the extra weight of guns and ammunition would make a fair difference to the sailing characteristics although to be fair Agamemnon was a slug in a straight line, so that is pretty inaccurate too. Other stand out inaccurate ships are Heavy Rattlesnake, Bucentaure and Constitution, while most others have the same issue but in a more limited sense.

Montañés wouldn't get to 14kn without her copper plates, nor her peacetime armament so the idea she is particularly special is a bit frustrating, it makes far more sense from a design perspective to give Spain a more typical ship of their navy, a 70 gunner. Hopefully if they are going to build Montañés they will balance her a bit better by giving her the typical Spanish design choice of lighter frame and thinner planking.

11 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Other stand out inaccurate ships are Heavy Rattlesnake, Bucentaure and Constitution, while most others have the same issue but in a more limited sense.

About the Heavy Rattlesnake, I guess you are talking about her armament. With an armament of 18 x 6-pdr + 8 x 6-pdr, she might be 'inaccurate' but, with a broadside of 78 pdr, she exactly fills in the gap between the Snow (66 pdr) and USS Niagara (90 pdr) : +/- 12 pdr.

Are you really sure that you can easily find an available plan of a ship that exactly carried 26 x 6-pdr irl (no other possible gun combinaison for 78 pdr) ?

If so, please name her/them and would it have been as easy, fast and cheap to implement one of them as to use the 'plain' Rattlesnake ? :)

Moreover, with her QD/fc, the plain Rattlesnake seems to me as the only small ship already implemented in game that could play that role.

Edited by LeBoiteux