Game-Labs Forum
Landsman

Legends Nick Name

Ahoy captains and devs, just a quick question about nick names on NAL...

Why was this added? Not changeable nick name instead of steam name? I didn't give it much thought first and went with a random name... Does it matter for anything like qualifying for tester rewards or something?

Thanks in advance!

Idk why they did it like this but prior to the update I was unable to play due to the steamname I used at the time being too long/had unusual characters in it. I'm now able to play

1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I was unable to play due to the steamname I used at the time being too long/had unusual characters in it

Wouldn't this easily be fixed by simply changing your steam name?

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

Ahoy captains and devs, just a quick question about nick names on NAL...

Why was this added? Not changeable nick name instead of steam name? I didn't give it much thought first and went with a random name... Does it matter for anything like qualifying for tester rewards or something?

Thanks in advance!

Patch notes say:

Workaround for weird steam name symbols added - you can set your name with allowed symbols when logging in (you have to do it once). Your xp and progress is tied to steam account so don't worry changing your name or entering the same as you had before

50 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Wouldn't this easily be fixed by simply changing your steam name?

The problem was that the name you had when you first logged into legends was the only one it'd let you use. So if you had to change your name back to that to play legends. The one I had originally didn't work so I wasn't able to sign in at all even after changing steam name

Edited by Slim Jimmerson