Game-Labs Forum

Legendary Union Campaign

LAVA

So after completing both campaigns on Brigadier General level, I have decided to start a Legendary Union Campaign. I'm not a YouTuby guy, so the best I can do is screenshots. I will attempt to explain critical events/strategy/tactics and how I manage my army. Hopefully I can do so in such a way as to be both informative and fun.

Battle of Philippi:

I fought this introductory battle 3 times. The first battle was a complete wash. The second battle I won and had myself set up in a really good defensive position and thought I would let it play out until the game ended the battle. I put the game on fast forward, sat back and watched the Confederates dash themselves on my defensive's and then at the last moment they broke one of my units, regained control of the objective and the game ended in defeat! :o So I played it once more, won the battle and then broke off action when the time was over.

The critical part of Philippi was keeping McHenry's reb brigade guarding the city south of the river from crossing the bridge to the northern part of the town to rejoin his army. Since he was in a square shaped defensive position behind fences, it is rather easy to rout him by attacking his flank. What I did was separate my army into 2 parts. The western part attacking directly at the town consisted of 2 brigades and my artillery. The southern group which would attack his flank consisted of 1 brigade, 2 skirmisher units and my cavalry. When I was set to go, I moved my regiments forward and very quickly under fire from all 3 brigades and artillery he routed. As he routed northwards towards the bridge I attacked him with my 2 skirmisher units and cavalry which prevented him from crossing the bridge. The skirmishers and cavalry pursued him relentlessly and he fled into the woods on my side of the river. Eventually, I totally destroyed his brigade.

Once I had driven off McHenry I moved my infantry forward to the bridge and placed my 6pdr artillery in the city, close enough to use canister on any unit close to the fortifications on the other side. My 10pdr Ordnance guns where set up in such a way as to provide support against both fortifications. I gave the rebs a pounding there, routing one unit after another. I detached skirmishers when it was obvious that all his brigades had taken a beating and moved them across the bridge with the cavalry which was now available. They gave me covering fire to get my brigades across the bridge. I stormed the objective frontally through the city with my brigades and in the flank with my skirmishers.

Having taken Philippi, it was now time to defend it. I pulled my units back into the western side of the city, placed my artillery inside my perimeter and put my dismounted cavalry in the defensive works. They held strong until reinforcements arrived and I was able force the train to retreat and to hold the town.

c3FeLSz.jpg

Distress Call

Now in this battle you are tasked with holding 2 supply depots in the open against the Confederates who will be attacking you from the the north and east. My own forces consisted of 4 smallish brigades of infantry and 2 batteries of 6 guns each, augmented by 2 small brigades manning the wooden palisades of the two depots, 2 skirmisher units and a small cavalry detachment. The setup reminded me a lot of Napoleon's battles in Italy where he would interpose himself between 2 Austrian groups, hold one off with minimal forces and then attack the other with the rest of his army and destroy it.

So the critical part of this battle was to prevent Confederate reinforcements from crossing the bridge on the eastern flank. In my first battle I sent the 2 skirmisher units and cavalry to make a perimeter around the bridge to hold off the reinforcements. They  were overwhelmed and my army was destroyed. In the second attempt I sent the 2 skirmisher units and cavalry as before, but this time I sent an additional 2 skirmisher units from my brigades and also the brigade that was holding the southern supply depot. I then put together a line with my 3 other brigades in the open between the two depots and detached skirmishers from all brigades and put them on the flanks. I was then attacked by a large rebel brigade of 2100 men and they charged my central brigade. I fell back and he charged right into the middle of my formation, essentially surrounded. When he routed he went south west into the woods and I gave chase with 2 skirmisher units. Eventually, they were able to totally destroy the brigade. At the bridge, my boys held, preventing at least 3 confederate brigades and 2 artillery units from entering the battle.

Reinforcements arrived in the form of 2 brigades and my 2 artillery units. I detached skirmishers to my flanks and placed the brigades in line (now 5 brigades strong) with my artillery directly behind them to deal out canister when he charged me. The battle then began in earnest and more than once I had brigades break and re-enter the line. With 9 skirmisher units on the field I constantly harassed his flanks. As his strength fell and time shortened I then advanced on the northern depot. Another of his brigades broke off away from his main army and once again I sent to 2 skirmisher units to continually harass them and keep them from regaining their morale. It was a pretty bloody fight, but I retook the northern depot and won the game.

Here you can see the whole field of battle as I retook the northern objective (note the fighting to the east at the bridge and skirmishers on either side of my battle line):

TGPLwsk.jpg

Victory!

0YuIZDU.png

Notice how the Confederate strength is reported as 7856 men. In my first battle where the Confederates were able to breech my defenses at the bridge this number was something like 12,000.

Here is a shot of my Career Points after the battle. I believe I took Medicine after Philippi and Politics after this battle. Army Organization is almost certainly next on the list.

DUiNzNz.png

Next up is the Battle of First Bull Run. This battle should help me build up my forces as you get a lot of help from the Union Army.

Like I say, I know it is a lot more fun to watch videos, but as an old man I haven't learned how to do that. Nevertheless, I hope ya'll found this interesting and based on your interest and my ability to succeed will depend on if I continue this thread for very much longer.

Cheers!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LAVA said:

Like I say, I know it is a lot more fun to watch videos, but as an old man I haven't learned how to do that. Nevertheless, I hope ya'll found this interesting and based on your interest and my ability to succeed will depend on if I continue this thread for very much longer.

Actually, despite being very much a 'millennial', I usually prefer reading. Looking forward to following! It never occurred to me to try and stop the bridge crossing in distress call (I'm pretty happy if I can lure a brigade away and force the artillery to deploy so it doesn't show up to the main battle before my reinforcements).

• Like 1

Thanks mate!

A couple things. Remember if you want to see the picture better, click on it for a larger image.

Also looking at the victory screen for Distress Call it now occurs to me that they are no Confederate missing. Guess at this level of play even when a unit completely looses its cohesion it can reform again. Don't think this happened at Philippe because before the brigade disintegrated it was almost completely destroyed.

Can a developer comment and give some insight on this?

1st Bull Run

Here is my Corps going into the battle:

UlsdtPc.png

I used 6 reputation points to buy 2000 Palmetto M1842s for my 1 star brigades and the other 2 are armed with the standard Springfield M1842. Notice my Corps Commander has a 20% increase in supply perk and the Cavalry perk (you can't choose these) which increase melee and attack value. There was a spare 1000 bucks there that I should have put into supply.

The battle is essentially divided into 2 parts. The first is an attack on a farm house through open territory then crossing a river and assaulting Henry Hill which is surrounded by patches of forests supplying good cover. While capturing the farm house is not of consequence (though you are urged to do so) to continue the battle you must capture Henry Hill. The 2nd part of the battle is defending Henry Hill from Confederate reinforcements. You are assisted by the Union Army who will accompany you with reinforcements from the northern part of the map down to the south and another group on the east.

Viewing the battlefield the critical factor in this battle is that it will be fought in large part in the open. The more I can keep him in the open and force him to move to me, the more likely I will be able to reduce his numbers and rout his forces.

So as the battle began I detached skirmishers and sent them ahead of my column marching from the north. I attempted to try to outflank the rebs on the east part of the map at the ford, but I had insufficient forces to do that. My troops moved to an area of woods to the north of the first farm house and once there I put my skirmishers on my flanks. I ordered my reinforcements of 3 large brigades and an artillery unit to move down the road in support of my position and had them double time for about 2/3rds of the way. As they were approaching, a reb brigade of 2100 moved to engage my right flank. He charged me and I ordered my brigade to fall back. As he closed the distance I moved 2 skirmisher units to a position to fire into his flank and once his brigade stopped he came under fire from 2 of my brigades and the 2 skirmisher units. He fairly quickly routed. As my first large Union brigade arrived straight down the road, I placed him in my center and stretched out my line. The other two were put on either side and I now had a battle line of 3 large regiments in the center, flanked by 2 of my own and then 2 skirmisher units. Thus, the line almost stretched across the entire map. I then advanced and was opposed by 3 large rebel brigades. As I closed, my flanks began to move towards his flanks. Combat than began and he tried to charge me multiple times. Each time my opposing unit fell back and he was then caught between at least 3 firing units of mine which quickly sent him packing. I kept moving forward and eventually all his brigades were routed and artillery destroyed.

At his point reinforcements had arrived to my east and made their way across the river. Here I saw the opportunity to outflank his entire army.

xlU3FwT.jpg

With his troops falling back into the river I kept shifting my forces south west to stretch his line and attacked his retreating troops in the river as vigorously as possible. At the same time I was moving to clear the Confederates from their fortifications across the bridge and get 4 batteries into a position with would allow me to fire into the Confederate flank.

As I closed the trap on the banks of the river, Hampton's Legion surrendered. He was soon followed by the 5th Virginia. Both units trying to defend in the woods in the bend of the river at its northern most position. Note the position of my massed battery of 4 artillery units just to the left of the green field. In this shot you see the aftermath of the fight for the center:

dcNR5hM.jpg

With the Rebs fully engaged on their front I was now moving to envelope his position from the east. As I moved forward one unit after another was routed as I pushed towards the Henry Hill and took it. I them reordered my line and brought up my artillery and placed them such that they could easily fire to the open front of the objective. The last phase of the battle began as the Confederate army received reinforcements and tried to retake the Hill.

9kgxVku.jpg

The most difficult part of the battle occurred when he attempted to charge 2 units into my right flank in the open and one against my left in the trees. This was a really tense moment and in reaction I counter charged at both areas. Fire from the flanks devastated his brigades and with little time left, his army was shattered in the open fields.

d3O04jR.png

I received 8,300 casualties to his 15,000 and we rested on the battlefield for the evening.

Here are my battle rewards:

PxAmI7s.png

Note that I received Army Organization +1 Corps, but that didn't change my status for Career Points.

And here is a shot of what was left my Corps (approximately 1,500 casualties):

Muxtmc9.png

So... its on to the Shiloh campaign. I'm going to have to make some difficult decisions on how I will approach that campaign from an Army Management POV and this will probably take some time. Once I have figured out what I am going to do, I'll post up my decisions and rational for making them.

Hope you enjoyed the AAR!

Cheers

• Like 3

17 hours ago, maniacalpenny said:

Watch out for Crossroads. One of the hardest Union battles on Legendary from what I can recall.

It gave my fits the first time around on Brigadier General.

Played it tonight and won on the first go. Will post the AAR tomorrow.

Edited by LAVA

After 1st Bull Run I took a look at the coming battles. Shiloh, the next large battle allows the player to bring 2 Corps of 20 brigades so I spent both of my Career Points on Army Organization. I also used by reputation to buy 2000 Springfield 1855 rifles and 4 24pdr Howitzers. I added a 3dr Division, brought everyone up to strength and increased my artillery up to 12 guns per battery. Here is what my Corps looked like in preparation for the Battle of Crossroads:

aZFAPEQ.png

The Battle of Crossroads

Overlooking the battlefield you find yourself once again sandwiched between 2 Confederate forces trying to protect an objective that is in the open but not too far away from available cover which the Confederates can use to approach. You will be attacked first from the north and then from the south. It is unwise to try to fight in cover as the Confederates will be on top of you before you can do much damage and they will charge and rout your forces. I determined that I had to win on one side of the battlefield and hold on the other.

I start the battle with 2 brigades of infantry and my 10pdr Ordnance as it is good at medium and close range. I placed my forces at the top of the ridge a bit back from its original entry and detached skirmishers to go take the objective. The skirmishers are bait which I hope will draw the confederates to immediately attack the objective and come out of the woods... and that is what happened. First attacked by his skirmishers the next thing I know, as my reinforcements are entering the battlefield 2 reb brigades break cover and push hard at the objective from the north. A third brigade emerges south of the objective. I detach skirmishers on my reinforcements, sent 1 brigade to the right flank and 3 to the left. This was probably the most important part of the battle and unfortunately it was happening so quickly I didn't get a screenshot. Nevertheless I was able to rout the third brigade back into the forest. The rest of the skirmishers were sent into the forest off to the East of my position in hopes of slowing the second prong of his attack.

Here we see the brigade I routed on his far right flank return to the battle, but he is isolated from the rest of the Confederate army. His brigade in the center is taking the full brunt of my artillery and about to break.

BaiZwL6.jpg

This would become a seesaw battle as he attacked my center and right flank and I pressed hard on the left. Here you see my right flank has had 2 brigades routed while on the left flank I am able to move forward in good order.

M1QhEVT.jpg

He attacks my center and right flank but my artillery and consent harassing by my skirmishers holds him back. I am able to regain my line and press forward and take the objective.

sMgbZUY.jpg

He continues to regroup and attack my center and right flank, but I now have victory in sight.

gKdGV8X.jpg

So in sum, I was able to advance my left flank after his initial attack and though my center and right flank were continually under pressure, his charges crashed against my artillery with his forces completely in the open. Notice that my 10pd Ordnance has almost 600 kills.

AQrdDFK.png

And here is my 1st Corps after the battle:

0VyB9g3.png

And my Career Points which will receive a bump in Politics:

QDk37wH.png

So at this point in the Campaign my greatest problem is arming the troops I have available. I have more men than I can arm. My arsenal consists of about 1600 usable infantry weapons; some Hunters for skirmishers (sell), Cavalry with shotguns (sell) and a couple of charge weapons of no more that 50, and 4 12lb Howitzers (sell). Pretty poor pickings. My reputation is quite low and I believe it is effecting Washington's willingness to give me arms... so I am going to have to stop tapping into my reputation points and build that up.

Next battle is River Crossing requiring 12 brigades with Shiloh afterwards allowing me to bring 2 Corps of 20 brigades if I have them. I believe in my BG campaign I brought one full Corps  and a second Corps with a full 1st Division. Looking at my resources and the fact that I am almost certainly going to have to be buying a lot of weapons, am not sure whether I will be able to repeat that. We'll see.

BTW, this is the first time I have brought the 24lb Howitzer into my army. If anyone has some advice on how to use this battery to its maximum effect, I would appreciate it. In fact feel free to comment and give any advice you think I could use to help me along the way.

That's it for now!

Cheers

Edited by LAVA
  • Like 2

Might I suggest that you refrain from selling your loot unless you really need money?  You'll (hopefully) put 10 Career Points into Economy in the future, and Economy both reduces the cost of your buying officers and weapons as well as selling weapons.  Meaning at Economy 10, you'll buy and sell at the same price, give or take a $1 because of rounding errors.  If you hold onto everything until Economy 10, you can get a massive boost in cash.  I made it to Washington while holding onto 71 6-Pounder Field Guns and nearly 100 unused Napleons - those cannons sold for a pretty penny when I prepared my army for the final push.

Interesting.

Given my problem is buying weapons, I was thinking quite a lot about going with economy instead of politics. I was working under the "conventional wisdom" that hitting 10 in politics first is what you should shoot for even though it seems at around 6 or 7 you get diminishing returns from politics.

Looks like I will have to rethink that philosophy.

Thanks for the advice.

Edited by LAVA

Yeah, politics is BY FAR the most important skill on both sides I would say, even more so on the Union side because the Rebels get smaller units/divisions/corps and also need to skill Army Organization early but their troops are better, so the Federals have to counter this with greater numbers.

Edited by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf

After Crossroads comes River Crossing. Bumped politics again:

dt9ZrnA.png

And I had to increase the size of my Corps to 12 Brigades:

b4nK4ch.png

Battle at River Crossing

In River Crossing you must advance across a River and take 2 objectives. The obvious route of attack is to take the right objective (Crossroads Hill) first and then to flank the Confederates and take the other. This was probably my most fun battle to date on Legendary. It reminded me of Sun Tzu when he explained that an army is divided into 2 forces: the "ordinary" which attack his front and the "extraordinary" which attack his flank. Pretty simple, but he goes on to say that the combination of these forces are endless like interlocked rings. What he means here is that due to the situation in the battle, the roles of forces can change and for example your original ordinary and extraordinary forces swap roles. This is what happens at the Battle at River Crossing.

Here is how I set-up my forces to begin the battle. I have 3 brigades which will serve as my left wing supported by 2 batteries. The first 3 brigades on the right will assume duties as my center and the next 3 brigades will assault the right most objective, crossroads hill.

ld3GBft.png

Once I start I immediately break off skirmishers from all regiments. Three go to my front where my medium to long range batteries will be placed and the rest will provide covering fire for my advance on the Crossroads Hill. I then began the advance and almost immediately enter into a skirmish battle on my left flank. I push these fellas back and he then attempts to attack me in my center... where he is outflanked and runs into my 6pdr guns.

St2wlyk.jpg

I push him back across the river, solidify my center and continue to advance moving well right of the Crossroads Hill so that I am not completely in the open for the assault.

XCLu9ek.jpg

His forces are separated and I plug the hole with skirmishers to be able to attack him from all sides. Notice I now have 5 brigades in line and good order with artillery support at his front facing the River Hill.

bVrWjoG.jpg

Under this pressure his units break and I take the Crossroads Hill. As he retreats I re-establish my right flank to the center and carry out a maneuver to swing into a flanking attack on the River Hill with my skirmishers in his rear. This maneuver causes his defensive forces at River Hill to change front.

sFDZeby.jpg

Once he changes front, my initial flanking attack has done its job. Now it is time for my forces to change roles. My center and right flank are now the normal forces and will attempt to keep his army faced in their direction. My left flank now becomes my extraordinary forces and will attack his flank. They push up the hill, flanking the forces there and take River Hill.

rQR1MCT.jpg

Notice how my right flank has barely moved, but my left flank now firmly holds River Hill and the confederates are almost surrounded and facing defeat.

Oddly enough, once the timer finishes the game immediately finishes.

Ctm6XAp.png

The game ends in victory though the casualty ratio isn't as high as I would have like. Still, attacking an enemy in good cover and coming out on top is a most satisfying result.

Here are my forces after the battle:

5ekJ8JZ.png

I must now prepare for the battle of Shiloh. With only 9,000 replacements I will only be able to fully reinforce 1 Corps and create 1 full division under 2nd Corps.

So hope ya'll liked that AAR, it certainly was a really fun battle to play. I think, however, I might give this thread a rest though as it doesn't appear to be of much interest to the general community. Screenshots just really can't compete with videos nowadays.

Cheers and enjoy the game... I certainly do.

• Like 3

Hi, sorry it has been so long, but the new patch definitely altered the play of the AI and I had to fight quite a few battles to get used to it. In general, to me, the AI (at least in Legendary) is more methodical and less likely to make charges out of no where. It tries to grind you down and then when you are showing a weakness... it attacks. It also covers it flanks rather well, but in so doing can be less aggressive. I ended going back and replaying River Crossing before I decided I was ready to proceed.

Shiloh

Shiloh is a 2 day battle in which you will be on defense the first day and counter-attacking on the second. Because of this I loaded up on artillery and put as much as I could afford into supplies. Here is my Corps before the battle:

OsBdbnj.png

I dropped Rodes skirmishers into the 3rd Division before actually starting the battle.

Once the battle begins you will be fighting on the center-right and then the center-left of the battlefield. Here is my defense on the center-right:

MMTsuB1.jpg

It was a good fight there and I was holding my own, but the Confederates were intent on taking the center of the Union line (the right side of the map). I placed Palmer's brigade in reserve behind the front line with my 12pdr Ordnance and 24pdr Howitzer batteries. I moved him to where ever he was needed to keep things under control.They finally pushed me out of the woods, however, I was still confident of maintaining the position.

16530lG.jpg

At this point we moved to the Center-Left of our line... which was lightly defended. My defensive line:

DfFFb2i.jpg

The Rebs seemed cautious here and not much action occurred until after they took the far right objective and then began advancing in force on my position.

2h26zQ9.jpg

At about this point the whole map opened up and I was told the Chapel was a good place to defend, however, with the massive amount of forces bearing down on my left flank, I immediately began to retreat. Clausewitz or perhaps Napoleon (don't remember really) once wrote that a retreat is the most difficult operation in warfare because if it is mishandled it can turn into a rout. So, I first sent my artillery to the rear and then began to fall back units who were able to do so without suffering casualties. I then used my skirmishers as a screen and though I lost a couple of these, I was able to extricate my forces intact. Once my forces were rejoined, I began sending my skirmishers back to their parent brigade.

nBg6AYH.jpg

At his point I also received some reinforcements including my supply wagon. I turned off infantry resupply and made sure all my artillery batteries were at full. I was able to maintain an intact line and continue to fall back until the Pittsburgh Landing defensive position became available.

Qmy8JKm.jpg

Normally you can expect attacks on your right flank and center, but attacks on the left flank are not uncommon. Notice I have place my 6prders and Napoleons close to the front line. I did this so that if the Rebs attacked my center they would receive a face full of canister. And they attacked me repeatedly there, which actually surprised me as I was expecting them to push my right flank. Nevertheless, it required me to micromanage the 2 batteries fire such that they only fired when the center was attacked due to supply. In the end, I was not able to hold the central fortification, however, I did hold the center objective... thanks in large part to my artillery. Boy! Look at all those 3 star Reb brigades!

Here is the reset for Day 2. Buell reinforces me with 7 infantry brigades, 2 artillery batteries, a cavalry regiment and some supplies (Ziegler with his 24pdr Howitzer was my best battery):

EB4gnUm.jpg

I sent the nearest 3 regiments to my right flank and made a line in front of the fortifications with the other 4. Buell's other regiments which were still supplied were sent to the left flank. My own Corps was completely out of supply and once Buell's forces were ready I pushed forward with the intent to attack the Rebs left flank. I think pretty much this is how it plays out at any level of difficulty.

29I5nX3.jpg

Using my own Corps I was able to break through, march around the Confederate army, take the objectives and then encircle what was left of the rebs. Regiments began surrendering and I played until I had eliminated all I could find... though one pesky cavalry unit held out for 10 minutes as I chased him about and finally forced him to surrender.

d2RvYpu.png

And here is what was left of my Corps after the battle (though I was also awarded General Grant to led 2nd Corps):

W4S2pyz.png

My artillery took a beating... but saved me from multiple attacks that routed my front line defenses.

So now I am headed for Gaines Mill with 3 small battles before hand. Gaines Mill will be immediately followed by Malvern Hill, so I have got to get my army in order and ready for some very difficult battles ahead. And to be honest, I'm not sure if I can actually do it, so there is a great sense of anticipation on my part.

To the designers I would like to complement them on the 2 recent patches. The days of a docile enemy letting you run around his flank are over. You will need to pin his forces before you can make this kind of move. And on defense, the AI will put you under constant pressure until it sees an opening and then CHARGE... game over.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Verry nice thread, ill defnitly look it up again, after im finished with my rebs-campaign. You got a really early 24PD-brigade, im impressed.

I think you could have avoided some casualties for your core-army in the last phase of Shiloh by using the reinforcements as vanguard on your right flank instead of your own troops.

• Like 1

Good stuff Lava. I see you are enjoying the hell out of this game                                                                                                                                                                                                      Bravo Zulu....Lava.........Good Fights/Write-ups.

If you would like to learn to use a vid. recorder to record your games.                                                                                                                                                                                                PM me I will show you some good free Recorders n a few Video's how to...k..if you interested.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grimthaur said:

Verry nice thread, ill defnitly look it up again, after im finished with my rebs-campaign. You got a really early 24PD-brigade, im impressed.

I think you could have avoided some casualties for your core-army in the last phase of Shiloh by using the reinforcements as vanguard on your right flank instead of your own troops.

Thanks mate!

Perhaps I explained it poorly, but yes indeed, Buell's forces were placed along the entire front and took the brunt of the fighting in the counterattack especially in turning their flank. The priority, of course, was to preserve my own forces. Even after I was able to get free and move on the victory objectives, by that time the Rebs flank was buckling badly so though I did use my own Corps to surround their forces, it was Buell's troops who did all the heavy lifting.

Edited by LAVA

9 minutes ago, CSA Watkins said:

Good stuff Lava. I see you are enjoying the hell out of this game                                                                                                                                                                                        BravoZulu....Lava.........

If you would like to learn to use a vid. recorder to record your games.                                                                                                                                                                                                 PM me I will show you some good free Recorders n a few Video's how to...k..if you interested.

Yep... I do enjoy the game. But it was more fun at Brigadier General level. :lol: This Legendary level isn't so easy and it has now turned into a challenge that I'm hoping I can meet.

It's kinda late here right now, but tomorrow I may take you up on your offer. I'm an old dog, so it might not be so easy for me.

That looks like an intense and fun battle. I should try some harder difficulty modes! Last time I played Shiloh as Union in BG I literally killed every single Confederate unit on the first day and the game ended there...

Great thread as always! Looking forward to the next installment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quicksabre said:

That looks like an intense and fun battle. I should try some harder difficulty modes! Last time I played Shiloh as Union in BG I literally killed every single Confederate unit on the first day and the game ended there...

Great thread as always! Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yep, on BG level I also held my ground. However, at this level when you can see, as I saw, on my left flank, at least 6 Reb brigades of close to 3,000 men and ranging from 2 to 3 stars in quality, I decided discretion was the better part of valour. ;)

• Like 1

Just a  quick question.

In the icons at the bottom of the screen for each of your brigades there is a green line and a small white line. I believe the green line indicates morale. Is the white line supply?