Foreign clan alliances

clan alliances  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Allow foreign clan entry rights to Port battles

• Yes
    • No.

Just now, erde_m said:

Thick NO

This moves NA in a direction which has been in WarGaming for years.
Why should you play NA? Because of the sailing ships?
That would be for me the farewell after 2500 hours of play from NA ....

Test it as a variant for NA Legends, and nothing else!

I challenge you to expand this in a way that makes sense.

5 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

It can and PVP Global Pirates are direct proof of that. Clans that weren't working with the nation were purged. No need to ally outside clans to fight proxy wars against rouge clans in the nation. They just dealt with them head on and they ended up being the strongest nation on global for a time.

Hay now it was only one clan that was pretty much full of US supporters and one known (now confirmed alt as he's in Pirates now fully).  For the other clans we have pretty much told them don't do things without letting us know cause we prob won't support you.  As TRR is finding out when they went to hit those shallow ports in the gulf.  They actually came to me last night asking if they pissed us off and I told them know, but if you run off and do things on your own your not going to get support of the other clans period.  But I do admit it does come in handy and I believe another clan has threaten them cause of some of there actions, every nation going to have those trouble makters, just pirates have a means to keep them in line.

4 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Yes. just have clan wars, no need to make green on green a thing, no need to get rid of nations. Just let one clan declare a war on another in a nation, give it a 1 day buffer so people can prepare. and let those clans deal with it. 

Make in nation clan wars last 7 days. That is plenty of time for things to be settled without extreme devastation.

Battles aren't an issue as long as it shows the clans as well like we see with PBs. People can join the side of their clan/allies. If they accidently pick the wrong side that's too bad. Green on green is still against the rules. As long as when I roll up to the battle clans are clearly listed on both sides, aswell as nation then I'll join the right side every time. Battlegroups can make this pretty much foolproof 

I would keep the nation vs same nation thing to clan wars of ports only.  I don't think it should be an open world thing.  Just see how much folks will get all butt hurt over it.  Though I'm still all for removing pirates from RvR and making clans have the option to be Privateers for a nation and the clanless can be the true pirates/outlaws.  Lets test this on pirates for sure.  Hell you never know than you might have a certain Pirate clan fighting on your side or some one else that doesn't want a carebear alliance.

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Most people get realy upsrt if they lose stuff. Your clanwars would end in 1 clan bullied out or no end of this clanwar or no supporting each other in the future. I dont think that 2 clans fight each other for a time and after 1 week of shooting everything is fine and they play together again. :D

I don't know VCO and BLACK had some pretty nastie past and we are now fighting side by side since they rolled over to Pirates.  Some folks will just never give up old grudges and others are fine with switching who they fight every week.  This is why we keep telling the other nations if they just drop old past grudges and maybe ask us to screen/help them they can get a powerfull clan to back them, but now pirates are evil and they must all die....lol

4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Why not limit it to pirates only? We should not be able to have port battles ourselves but giving us the option do be mercs would be a nice exclusive.

Lets test this on pirates and make them Privateer where clans can enlist them self out for other nations clans as Mercs/Privateers and give us something unique. If you don't want to get involved in RvR part of the game stay solo or not have a contract and than you will be just a pirate/outlaw.  If you want to be a part of the RvR than your clan needs to get a Letter of Marque and become mercs for said clan/nation.  I would do just like I posted above Mercs have 7 day contracts that you can set to auto renew on MWO.   I would leave the auto renew off and just make it 7 days at a time and it cost that nation to hire out the clan for the week.  That way they can fight for Brits one week and french the next week and even help fill small nations port battles to help them win some fights.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Lets test this on pirates and make them Privateer where clans can enlist them self out for other nations clans as Mercs/Privateers and give us something unique. If you don't want to get involved in RvR part of the game stay solo or not have a contract and than you will be just a pirate/outlaw.  If you want to be a part of the RvR than your clan needs to get a Letter of Marque and become mercs for said clan/nation.  I would do just like I posted above Mercs have 7 day contracts that you can set to auto renew on MWO.   I would leave the auto renew off and just make it 7 days at a time and it cost that nation to hire out the clan for the week.  That way they can fight for Brits one week and french the next week and even help fill small nations port battles to help them win some fights.

This would be very nice and would finally give pirates some unique flavour. I would like to see that and maybe even come back to vanilla NA for it, playing more active again.

Ok I got fed up with reading most of this at page 3 sorry for any good posts from then on, 

its is very clear to me pvp Eu and pvp global want two very different things here.

and until @admin or @Ink allow the two servers to be completly split this back and forth between us will just get worse and possibly just get abusive.

adding this rule to EU clearly works for them,they have there comfy RVR time slot they have balance across there nations which is good congrats to them I'm happy for them, 

however pvp global is one step away from having every one take the black imagine being a new player and every port is black and every player is in the black, a new player would just quit. 

We actually want open warefare inter nation and outer nation why can't global have this? I don't see any reason why,were happy becoming war company's and represent a specific flag. Just look at @Norfolk nChance thread on this three steps to hevan or hell 

well it can bring more dynamic to the game 

it is probably not a very used option ,but in some cases, it will do the trick

but the idea that pirates can join  clan nation pb  is a bit too far for me (i just don't see them(pirates) as a worthy civilized nation) :wacko: 

perhaps in screening form OW , they can join ,.... but not PB.

35 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

Ok I got fed up with reading most of this at page 3 sorry for any good posts from then on, 

its is very clear to me pvp Eu and pvp global want two very different things here.

and until @admin or @Ink allow the two servers to be completly split this back and forth between us will just get worse and possibly just get abusive.

adding this rule to EU clearly works for them,they have there comfy RVR time slot they have balance across there nations which is good congrats to them I'm happy for them, 

however pvp global is one step away from having every one take the black imagine being a new player and every port is black and every player is in the black, a new player would just quit. 

We actually want open warefare inter nation and outer nation why can't global have this? I don't see any reason why,were happy becoming war company's and represent a specific flag. Just look at @Norfolk nChance thread on this three steps to hevan or hell 

Clan aliances is a great opportunity for Global server. Several clans from different nations could get all their best players together in one fleet (without the need of changing nations) to counter the [BLACK] one. You could do this for every time of the day. If properly done, it could work.

I think that In few month, years lot of changes and tweeks in the game will be modified or forgotten ...

But this changes will be one of the pillars of the future game!

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't know VCO and BLACK had some pretty nastie past and we are now fighting side by side since they rolled over to Pirates.  Some folks will just never give up old grudges and others are fine with switching who they fight every week.  This is why we keep telling the other nations if they just drop old past grudges and maybe ask us to screen/help them they can get a powerfull clan to back them, but now pirates are evil and they must all die....lol

Grudges are founded on the result of past behavior, which with the same personalities involved is the most likely indicator of future behavior. 

Just implement war companies as first suggested!!! Ally between nation will just bring back the alliance problem, are people this short sighted?? Let merc be a pirate feature. If this gets implemented HRE friendslist will set a world record i'm sure off...

@admin please, stop with this suggestions and votes! People want it, then cry and whine on forum how bad it is. Continue making the game you want and people will still play it.

5 minutes ago, North said:

Just implement war companies as first suggested!!! Ally between nation will just bring back the alliance problem, are people this short sighted?? Let merc be a pirate feature. If this gets implemented HRE friendslist will set a world record i'm sure off...

@admin please, stop with this suggestions and votes! People want it, then cry and whine on forum how bad it is. Continue making the game you want and people will still play it.

Read the whole thread. Nothing about nation alliances here

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Read the whole thread. Nothing about nation alliances here

Ally between clan across nation border are the same! All strong clans with high populations will ally. Ergo the same as the alliance problem

36 minutes ago, North said:

21 minutes ago, North said:

Ally between clan across nation border are the same! All strong clans with high populations will ally. Ergo the same as the alliance problem

13 minutes ago, North said:

This will end up in strong vs weak or 2 clans allways faceing each other in pb.

Or this can end in another way.

Maybe I'm wrong but you are NorthViking from RDNN, I hope you remember when pirates and british coordinated with DN to flip several port battles at the same time against the swedish zerg. Even the french flipped one swedish port.

However you have the convintion that all will work exactly as you think. All nations will kiss swedish asses. Do you see the future? Can I take some of your hemp?

Maybe the only shortsighted around is you, thinking you are somekind of visionary.

As others have pointed out, there are a ton of ports now to conquer, even your best clan in DN can´t defend all the neutral ports you have conquered. Probably no nation have the manpower to defend it with only one clan, you will need every man in the nation to do its duty and protect as many ports as possible.

Also you seem to forget that this is a game, would I miss a fun port battle for a dot in the map?

1 hour ago, North said:

It could go the other way around too.

Everyone was crying about the swerg, now the clans could get their revenge, ally with each other and attack Sweden.

I wouldnt mind though ;)

Edited by Abram Svensson

1 hour ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Or this can end in another way.

Maybe I'm wrong but you are NorthViking from RDNN, I hope you remember when pirates and british coordinated with DN to flip several port battles at the same time against the swedish zerg. Even the french flipped one swedish port.

However you have the convintion that all will work exactly as you think. All nations will kiss swedish asses. Do you see the future? Can I take some of your hemp?

Maybe the only shortsighted around is you, thinking you are somekind of visionary.

As others have pointed out, there are a ton of ports now to conquer, even your best clan in DN can´t defend all the neutral ports you have conquered. Probably no nation have the manpower to defend it with only one clan, you will need every man in the nation to do its duty and protect as many ports as possible.

Also you seem to forget that this is a game, would I miss a fun port battle for a dot in the map?

So how many times have you seen stuff players begging for work out great for the game? 

Strong clans will fight for important/money ports the rest will be captured by small clans that need to do pve to pay for them. 

How did that attack against Swedes work out?? Major failure!! Brits got slapped and didnt't set a pb and same for pirates.. Only danmark/Norway and francois set battles so yeah it might work out and all of us might get unicorns for christmas.. Time to wake up and small the shit! Seem like you are hello kittying living in fairy land.

Edited by North

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Clan aliances is a great opportunity for Global server. Several clans from different nations could get all their best players together in one fleet (without the need of changing nations) to counter the [BLACK] one. You could do this for every time of the day. If properly done, it could work.

The counter to black is show up and fight. Stop seeing them as something to be feared and see them as the opertunity to learn and improve. The other thing to change is stop being afraid to risk pixles, 

A question why do you think grabbing the best 25 to vs black is going to achieve? 

Again add real clan wars there is far more benefits in this then just alliances 

PLEASE all of you just STOP. Before writing another POST and think.

I do not want to read 6 pages of you talking LOCAL spam rubbish that has little to NO relevance to @admin OP.

At least have the decency to show him some f***king respect.

You want to talk local you have a good section already devoted to this, so use it. He has deflected the real issue here perfectly by asking the WRONG question. Adding spam helps him deflect away the Civil War mechanic issue.

He is going to try to dilute GB & US with an influx of many new smaller Nations. This I agree with but not right now. The Pirate Unique feature and Civil War issue needs addressing first then drown the two Nations…

Use [PvP Global] ONLY to test NOT [PvP EU]. That must stay as the BASE line to compare.

Norfolk nChance.

Edited by Norfolk nChance

4 hours ago, North said:

I dont even know why you mention HRE here lol. As you know we fight against everyone. Probably even soon against you again who asked us to doubleteam GB early after wipe.

Also the friendslist is limited to 15 clans. Guess you didnt know that due to lack of knowledge of gamemechanics.

I dont even know why mercenarys would hurt the balance of the server. At this point everyone should hate swedes. We literally been at war with everyone since wipe, right now we close it with spain and US.

Atm I think clanalliances would help and create more content with mercenarys. However RoE gets tricky outside of portbattles and if you only implement it for portbattles itself it will not be a good feature I think because you still have to get trough screening if you go for a portbattle.

55 minutes ago, rediii said:

I dont even know why you mention HRE here lol. As you know we fight against everyone. Probably even soon against you again who asked us to doubleteam GB early after wipe.

Also the friendslist is limited to 15 clans. Guess you didnt know that due to lack of knowledge of gamemechanics.

I dont even know why mercenarys would hurt the balance of the server. At this point everyone should hate swedes. We literally been at war with everyone since wipe, right now we close it with spain and US.

Atm I think clanalliances would help and create more content with mercenarys. However RoE gets tricky outside of portbattles and if you only implement it for portbattles itself it will not be a good feature I think because you still have to get trough screening if you go for a portbattle.

To be fair this system is less of an advantage to larger clans because I and many others would gladly team up and help people fight you.  Not just you but any larger nation. Hope this comes soon cause I'm missing 1st rate battles :)

50 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

To be fair this system is less of an advantage to larger clans because I and many others would gladly team up and help people fight you.  Not just you but any larger nation. Hope this comes soon cause I'm missing 1st rate battles :)

Thats what im saying. Clanalliancesystem would be a good thing against large/successfull nations.

I guess if new nations + alliances between clans gets into the next update the rvr situation will change realy heavy. Mercenary clans will be created, population of nations will change etc. etc.

Whats different to the old alliance system? The biggest clans will form an alliance and rule the server.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Whats different to the old alliance system? The biggest clans will form an alliance and rule the server.

Nope.

Clanalliances will not be as fixed as national alliances which was dictated by the crowd, even pve players. Clan alliances will create drama and they will break again.

Clanalliances also introduce the possibility to be a mercenary clan, going from war to war getting payed by people.

Also you will see more contested portbattles.

Problem however is the OW RoE

Inb4 everyone just doing PvE, to be able to pay the best mercenary clans to fight all of their battles for them. RvR-content for 50-75 players total.

5 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Inb4 everyone just doing PvE, to be able to pay the best mercenary clans to fight all of their battles for them. RvR-content for 50-75 players total.

Yea because people are forced to let others fight their battles.

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Nope.

Clanalliances will not be as fixed as national alliances which was dictated by the crowd, even pve players. Clan alliances will create drama and they will break again.

Clanalliances also introduce the possibility to be a mercenary clan, going from war to war getting payed by people.

Also you will see more contested portbattles.

Problem however is the OW RoE

Don't forget the old alliance system was clanbased as well. The biggest clan could dictate and rule the nation. So again what's different? What will prevent the biggest clans to find a status quo again?