Game-Labs Forum

Foreign clan alliances

clan alliances  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Allow foreign clan entry rights to Port battles

• Yes
    • No.

Just implement war companies as first suggested!!! Ally between nation will just bring back the alliance problem, are people this short sighted?? Let merc be a pirate feature. If this gets implemented HRE friendslist will set a world record i'm sure off...

@admin please, stop with this suggestions and votes! People want it, then cry and whine on forum how bad it is. Continue making the game you want and people will still play it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, North said:

Just implement war companies as first suggested!!! Ally between nation will just bring back the alliance problem, are people this short sighted?? Let merc be a pirate feature. If this gets implemented HRE friendslist will set a world record i'm sure off...

@admin please, stop with this suggestions and votes! People want it, then cry and whine on forum how bad it is. Continue making the game you want and people will still play it.

Read the whole thread. Nothing about nation alliances here

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Read the whole thread. Nothing about nation alliances here

Ally between clan across nation border are the same! All strong clans with high populations will ally. Ergo the same as the alliance problem

36 minutes ago, North said:

21 minutes ago, North said:

Ally between clan across nation border are the same! All strong clans with high populations will ally. Ergo the same as the alliance problem

13 minutes ago, North said:

This will end up in strong vs weak or 2 clans allways faceing each other in pb.

Or this can end in another way.

Maybe I'm wrong but you are NorthViking from RDNN, I hope you remember when pirates and british coordinated with DN to flip several port battles at the same time against the swedish zerg. Even the french flipped one swedish port.

However you have the convintion that all will work exactly as you think. All nations will kiss swedish asses. Do you see the future? Can I take some of your hemp?

Maybe the only shortsighted around is you, thinking you are somekind of visionary.

As others have pointed out, there are a ton of ports now to conquer, even your best clan in DN can´t defend all the neutral ports you have conquered. Probably no nation have the manpower to defend it with only one clan, you will need every man in the nation to do its duty and protect as many ports as possible.

Also you seem to forget that this is a game, would I miss a fun port battle for a dot in the map?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North said:

It could go the other way around too.

Everyone was crying about the swerg, now the clans could get their revenge, ally with each other and attack Sweden.

I wouldnt mind though ;)

Edited by Abram Svensson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Or this can end in another way.

Maybe I'm wrong but you are NorthViking from RDNN, I hope you remember when pirates and british coordinated with DN to flip several port battles at the same time against the swedish zerg. Even the french flipped one swedish port.

However you have the convintion that all will work exactly as you think. All nations will kiss swedish asses. Do you see the future? Can I take some of your hemp?

Maybe the only shortsighted around is you, thinking you are somekind of visionary.

As others have pointed out, there are a ton of ports now to conquer, even your best clan in DN can´t defend all the neutral ports you have conquered. Probably no nation have the manpower to defend it with only one clan, you will need every man in the nation to do its duty and protect as many ports as possible.

Also you seem to forget that this is a game, would I miss a fun port battle for a dot in the map?

So how many times have you seen stuff players begging for work out great for the game? 

Strong clans will fight for important/money ports the rest will be captured by small clans that need to do pve to pay for them. 

How did that attack against Swedes work out?? Major failure!! Brits got slapped and didnt't set a pb and same for pirates.. Only danmark/Norway and francois set battles so yeah it might work out and all of us might get unicorns for christmas.. Time to wake up and small the shit! Seem like you are hello kittying living in fairy land.

Edited by North

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Clan aliances is a great opportunity for Global server. Several clans from different nations could get all their best players together in one fleet (without the need of changing nations) to counter the [BLACK] one. You could do this for every time of the day. If properly done, it could work.

The counter to black is show up and fight. Stop seeing them as something to be feared and see them as the opertunity to learn and improve. The other thing to change is stop being afraid to risk pixles, 

A question why do you think grabbing the best 25 to vs black is going to achieve? 

Again add real clan wars there is far more benefits in this then just alliances 

PLEASE all of you just STOP. Before writing another POST and think.

I do not want to read 6 pages of you talking LOCAL spam rubbish that has little to NO relevance to @admin OP.

At least have the decency to show him some f***king respect.

You want to talk local you have a good section already devoted to this, so use it. He has deflected the real issue here perfectly by asking the WRONG question. Adding spam helps him deflect away the Civil War mechanic issue.

He is going to try to dilute GB & US with an influx of many new smaller Nations. This I agree with but not right now. The Pirate Unique feature and Civil War issue needs addressing first then drown the two Nations…

Use [PvP Global] ONLY to test NOT [PvP EU]. That must stay as the BASE line to compare.

Norfolk nChance.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, rediii said:

I dont even know why you mention HRE here lol. As you know we fight against everyone. Probably even soon against you again who asked us to doubleteam GB early after wipe.

Also the friendslist is limited to 15 clans. Guess you didnt know that due to lack of knowledge of gamemechanics.

I dont even know why mercenarys would hurt the balance of the server. At this point everyone should hate swedes. We literally been at war with everyone since wipe, right now we close it with spain and US.

Atm I think clanalliances would help and create more content with mercenarys. However RoE gets tricky outside of portbattles and if you only implement it for portbattles itself it will not be a good feature I think because you still have to get trough screening if you go for a portbattle.

To be fair this system is less of an advantage to larger clans because I and many others would gladly team up and help people fight you.  Not just you but any larger nation. Hope this comes soon cause I'm missing 1st rate battles :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Nope.

Clanalliances will not be as fixed as national alliances which was dictated by the crowd, even pve players. Clan alliances will create drama and they will break again.

Clanalliances also introduce the possibility to be a mercenary clan, going from war to war getting payed by people.

Also you will see more contested portbattles.

Problem however is the OW RoE

Don't forget the old alliance system was clanbased as well. The biggest clan could dictate and rule the nation. So again what's different? What will prevent the biggest clans to find a status quo again?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Whats different to the old alliance system? The biggest clans will form an alliance and rule the server.

No because now a 5 man clan like ours can help a fleet that only has 20 players.  We don't need the nation to vote for us.  I don't like how powerful hre is ATM, not just by numbers but by skill.  I have 5 Good players that want to fight them but we couldn't so far because we don't want to organise or command pbs. If Danes need 5 of us to fight,  they don't need 200 votes for diplomacy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

Nope.

Clanalliances will not be as fixed as national alliances which was dictated by the crowd, even pve players. Clan alliances will create drama and they will break again.

Clanalliances also introduce the possibility to be a mercenary clan, going from war to war getting payed by people.

Also you will see more contested portbattles.

Problem however is the OW RoE

Not an issue. Same roe as now just let everyone join anyside. It could be abused but I say give it a try.  

5 hours ago, North said:

So how many times have you seen stuff players begging for work out great for the game? 

Strong clans will fight for important/money ports the rest will be captured by small clans that need to do pve to pay for them. 

How did that attack against Swedes work out?? Major failure!! Brits got slapped and didnt't set a pb and same for pirates.. Only danmark/Norway and francois set battles so yeah it might work out and all of us might get unicorns for christmas.. Time to wake up and small the shit! Seem like you are hello kittying living in fairy land.

26 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Inb4 everyone just doing PvE, to be able to pay the best mercenary clans to fight all of their battles for them. RvR-content for 50-75 players total.

You and your friend have switched to pirates because you probably couldn´t do anything against the other "enemy" DN clan.

You just want game mechanics to allow you to take your little revenge. As pirates, after weakened your own nation with the switch, you only want to make them burn. We are seeing the same all over the place with AHOY, BIG and KBEAR attacking all day british captains. While they might get happy with sink some random players, you probably seek to one-port DN.

This mechanic would not allow to reach that so easy, the main reason behind you dont want clan alliances in the game.

6 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

You and your friend have switched to pirates because you probably couldn´t do anything against the other "enemy" DN clan.

You just want game mechanics to allow you to take your little revenge. As pirates, after weakened your own nation with the switch, you only want to make them burn. We are seeing the same all over the place with AHOY, BIG and KBEAR attacking all day british captains. While they might get happy with sink some random players, you probably seek to one-port DN.

This mechanic would not allow to reach that so easy, the main reason behind you dont want clan alliances in the game.

First of all, I never let my personal interests or clan interests dictate the opinions I express on gameplay mechanics. And I would never put the short term interests of me or my clan ahead of the long term interests to general gameplay. 

Second of all, RDNN/LEGO is not like other clans. We don't hold grudges for long, and certainly we do not let them dictate our actions. We do not seek to one-port DN as you say, we have not even made any aggressive moves against Danmark-Norge. Even our PvP-activities are done far from Danish waters at the moment. Our relationship with RUS is as good as ever, and should circumstances favour it, it is as likely that we will ally with DN as go to war with them, even with the clans we have disagreements with. Our reasons to hoist a new flag are our own. You may speculate if you like, but that does not make you right. We seek to engage in new activities, find new and additional friends, sail new seas, face new challenges and build a fleet that may prove itself on its current status and isn't considered strong just because of the past.

Thirdly, you are waaaay off topic. Please contain your salt and propaganda to the national news forum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

First of all, I never let my personal interests or clan interests dictate the opinions I express on gameplay mechanics. And I would never put the short term interests of me or my clan ahead of the long term interests to general gameplay. 

Second of all, RDNN/LEGO is not like other clans. We don't hold grudges for long, and certainly we do not let them dictate our actions. We do not seek to one-port DN as you say, we have not even made any aggressive moves against Danmark-Norge. Even our PvP-activities are done far from Danish waters at the moment. Our relationship with RUS is as good as ever, and should circumstances favour it, it is as likely that we will ally with DN as go to war with them, even with the clans we have disagreements with. Our reasons to hoist a new flag are our own. You may speculate if you like, but that does not make you right. We seek to engage in new activities, find new and additional friends, sail new seas, face new challenges and build a fleet that may prove itself on its current status and isn't considered strong just because of the past.

Thirdly, you are waaaay off topic. Please contain your salt and propaganda to the national news forum.

Let's think for a second you are the exception of all the servers.

What can you tell us about the fact that many others switched to other nations, leaving the nation without enough players to counter attack, and proceeding with the hunting and destruction of its community?

If the large moves to the pirate nation to fight previous clans that were in your respective nation "and could not fight because of that" aren't seen as a reaaon to bring clan wars and clan alliances in the game right now, then i got nothing.

I hear on EU, you had a movement from the british nation and the denmark nation switch to pirate to attack their former nation. Both groups seem to have largely been part of the previous nation's rvr presence and had disagreements with others within those said nations.

If clan wars and clan alliances was a thing, they wouldn't probably have needed to move (in my opinion). Instead you could create port battles against other clans in the same nation, or have alliances with clans in different nations, creating your own blocs and weird dynamics.

I see it working 2 ways

1. Make it so clans can only create port battles against their own nation (no ow pvp)

2. Clans are not limited to their natiom and can OW pvp any other clan but CANNOT ow pvp "un-clanned" players in the same nation.

• Like 3

this is why i like the idea of either doing away with nations as they stand and being totally clan based or by having more nations available. This way the ow rules and pb rules could remain intact. It's not perfect any way we slice it, but we should be working towards a trial of some of the possible soultions.

I'll test anything that helps pvp on the ow and pb's but National alliances forcing everybody in that nation to act a certain way isn't good for everybody

Lets not forget how global chat becomes heated when somebody loses some pixels, imagine the cancer in national channel when clans start on each other for a pixel port or 2

• Like 2

1- Remove pirate nation , replace it with a pirate/outlaw status and proper gameplay.

2- Bring back alliances between nations but voted by landlords of nations and make forged papers buyable in admiralty: you don't like your nation's choice or lack of opportunity to become a landlord: raise the black flag or join any nation you prefer until you change your mind or situation change.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

@admin I'm sure you've already thought of this but just in case...

Both clans in this alliance will need to confirm the alliance. If not, I can totally predict the first week's exploit accusation of "Clan A friends Clan B without B's permission and suddenly B can't attack A."

If nations are still in game, this makes little sense and could create quite a bit of confusion. This is nation alliances in disguise, with all the disadvantages of it.

This could be part of pirate mechanics though. Strongly limit the pirates options for conquest (or remove it completely), but allow pirates to ally with clans of other nations, so they can have access to PB fun and influence the conquest.

Edited by Stilgar

Clarification

The invitation to alliance will work ONLY for port battles - not open world.

Open world ROE will still work the same way it is now and will be subject to the same rules as today. 
So screening action problems you all described could arise or could have happened ALREADY. A rogue clan can arrive to hostility generation or screening and deny attacks on the enemy by attacking them first and keeping them in battle safely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I would suggest different RoE rules near port territorial waters that is contested.

But first... Clan friendly list needs to be as request/invite. At the moment it is one sided so:

1. Clans are asking each other if they have their clans on the list. (One side cannot check the other)

2. Members are not sure if they can go into PB or not.

3. One clan can add other clans that are not willing to be on the list (not a problem currently, but reqd further)

If Swedish and British clans add each other to the friend list (once accepts invite from another, must be 2-sided), near the territorial waters of contested port British players can attack "rogue clan". 

Why not make the option to create an "Alliance Group", like one would create a clan.

Say I create "The Black Alliance" as a pirate, and I invite other clans into this alliance. Every clan in that alliance is now allied to eachother.
When you sail in OW, you could click a player and it could say "allied by The Black Alliance".
Officers from the connected clans could vote for the removal of a clan in case of distrust.
Downside is that a clan can not officialy befriend a clan outside of the Alliance group.

If you use this you could create an "Alliance Chat" tab, which can be usefull.
It would also remove the possibility of a clan being befriend with two clans that are at war.
Treason is always good fun, but I think it'll be causing more troubles than anything else.