Game-Labs Forum

Foreign clan alliances

clan alliances  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Allow foreign clan entry rights to Port battles

• Yes
    • No.

23 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

That basically scraps the whole nation idea and does not solve screening problems. Also I love inter clan relations. Lets say I like RUS and SLRN, but they both don't like each other. We don't want all to be in one alliance.

if you invite them both to your alliance they will only be able to join YOUR port battles.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Clarification

The invitation to alliance will work ONLY for port battles - not open world.

Open world ROE will still work the same way it is now and will be subject to the same rules as today. 
So screening action problems you all described could arise or could have happened ALREADY. A rogue clan can arrive to hostility generation or screening and deny attacks on the enemy by attacking them first and keeping them in battle safely. 

You should honestly test this with pirates and work towards something with them finally. Many folks have said they would love to see something more like Privateers for the clan base folks that want to do RvR and be hired out by other nations.  That will still leave those without contracts/letters or Marque can still be Outlaws/Pirates.  This would be a great time to finally do up some Pirate mechanics to not make them just another bastard nation and something different.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

This was an answer to The Spud suggestion. He has an idea of alliance as a greater form of clans as EVE style most likely, but EVE has no nations that I am aware of?

At the very least it would be a good idea to visualy mark the clans/people your clan is allied with in OW, maybe even make it possible to easily visualise what ports are owned by friendly clans on the map.

I haven't played EVE so don't know how stuff worked there.

5 hours ago, admin said:

Clarification

Open world ROE will still work the same way it is now and will be subject to the same rules as today. 
So screening action problems you all described could arise or could have happened ALREADY. A rogue clan can arrive to hostility generation or screening and deny attacks on the enemy by attacking them first and keeping them in battle safely. 

I think it may be an issue as you say - But as others have said, This is better than not having it at all. This will allow for clans in Nations with smaller population to ally up with others to be able to play with the "big boys."

EDIT: this would still cause a problem where if a clan was in a nation "fighting against" the "home" nation (other clans in the same nation) in port battles, there is no way for those clans to "fight" that clan or take their ports back...unless you figure outside help I suppose.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

On 6.10.2017 at 11:01 AM, admin said:

Clarification

Great :)

Thank you for this.

On 10/5/2017 at 12:07 PM, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

make forged papers available in admiralty...by restricting their access and ones ability to change randomly between nations this will further reduce the number of players in the game.  Players will want to go/be with friends and want the opportunity to move around

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I really hope we realize the consequences of the patch 12 regarding the balance of nations.

Several nations have lost players, even entire clans, to the new nations. Nations that really needed those players (like VP or DN), while others as Sweden still keeps enough players to fill PBs.

Please @admin, any word about this?

Shouldn't we wait a few weeks and see how this plays out? Presumably if we allow foreign clan alliances then these new "impossible" nations can also ally and you'll end up with a different zerg. 

At some point we have to force nations to clean their own houses and either step up or be whittled down to their base ports. (And this comes from a guy who plays from a small nation.)

Most of us have had periods of boredom in the game but it rarely stagnates. It's too difficult for large nations to hold together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Clans owns their ports. They can whatever they want with them. They can choose to defend it alone or with friends of other nations.

Which means if you don't hire $$$ mercenary "pros" or already have some as allies you're just going to get curbstomped all the time by the clans that do.  Most clans will not be able to compete in this environment, and those who have the right connections and huge amounts of money will run the map.  

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Right now, in the EU server one nation alone run the map.

In the Global server, one pirate clan has ruled it. 

This gives all the other nations and clans one chance to end with their tyranny. Chance that being each nation at their own will never have.

No, it means those clans will be extending their power through their allies. 

I’ve pointed this out before with foreign clan alliances even for just in PBs. They may work, but right now is not the time. The Pirate State needs a unique feature and seriously this should be it. Not foreign clans helping out only same Nation clans. For the immediate future.

Also, added to this and as I pointed out @admin has asked the wrong question. We or the Dev’s need to work out how to do Civil War for brief periods of time. Same Nation Clan v Clan. When this is tested and ironed out then you go ahead and add the deeper layer of foreign clan alliances.

The problem for the single clan nation as @Intrepido  points out is a problem maybe “The Privateer…” can solve?

And then you add more variety of Nation choice after all this is done. By adding more Nations now are we trying to dilute away the Civil War mechanic?

The rise of the Super Clan I’ve commented on in “The Three Steps to Heaven…” and why it won’t happen.  

Norfolk.

Edit** iv not read every page of this topic so I may be repeating others views..

Surely any cross-nation alliance should come with negatives along with the alliance positives.

For me any clan entering into a cross nation alliance should be forced to remove all same-nation clans from its friends list. Secondly any clan entering into a cross nation alliance should loose access to the nations capital while the alliance is in place. 

Clans in a cross nation alliance should be attackable by there parent nation (same feature pirates have).

Lastly I feel any clan in a cross nation alliance has a time limit for the alliance of 7 days with a 5 day Cooldown period.

The cross nation alliance should cost 1000 conquest marks and 5million..

Ballance is key here otherwise the big clans can allie up creating conquest blocks....

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Good old times.

Back then not everyone was a carebear giving up after 1 lost battle.

Carebears did not take part in the RvR wars at that time like they do not take part now.

Therefore in my opinion the problem is not in the carebears, but in the lack of any alliance system that allows nations and/or RvR clans to work together for a common purpose.

Just now, rediii said:

Now you work together for the national purpose. Isnt that a common purpose aswell? Even a bigger one?

This could work assuming that each faction has enough RvR players/clan to do it.

Let's take i.e. Spain, VP and DK (now, after the russian shift): alone they are no concern for bigger nations. With an alliance system in place they could have an important role in the RvR scenario.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The prussian, ... have a great % of new rvr players, which gives a huge advantage to the swedish in pb

You saw a prussian RvR fleet? The last one I saw was responsible for the latest epic deadman chest event :D Prussia even fails to take AI ports. There is no RvR in prussia like there is no pvp. We are the cows we give pvp marks thats all. Thats the reason why prussia still owns ports. Prussia is a pve nation. They sell AI ships to crafted ship prices to new players. ;-)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DesMoines said:

false.... Not Skill just numbers of old players.

In one V One they aren t better than @HachiRoku, @Turpos, @DesMoines, or all others...

They have just more Old Player than others ....No more skilled... LOL

(Old Dutch, Old Polish(not atm..), old Deutsch)

@rediii @Palatinose have both beaten me :) Tbh Im not sure if I have ever beaten rediii.

• Like 1