Game-Labs Forum

An answer to lack of PvP perhaps

2 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

you cant force people to pvp  bu denying them stuff..... they just quit .....

if people wanted to pvp they would do it ...the fact that threads started about how difficult it is to find means most dont want to pvp ...

so your plan to bring back pvp points is catering to the minority

the question you have to address why dont they want to play pvp .... not how do we force them to pvp .

so far my post seems to read as though i prefer pve to pvp .... on the contary .. the most fun playing this game is pvp ...

so the problems i encounter when i want to PVP

it all boils down to time ...... and how much time I have to invest in the game to pvp ....

I have to sail to find a tartget ... since you cant tp your ships to port  anymore .. I have to sail from my port ..to an enemy area .. then start searching for a target ... If lucky i find a someone to fight ....so maybe an hours sail to an area .. an hour searching and maybe  30mins to an hour pvp .... but then on top of that theres the added factor if I win ... there maybe a revenge fleet wating that drags me into a battle again another hour .... and win or lose i have the hour sail back to my port ... so i have to be prepared to invest around 4 hours  in the game minimum .. I only have blocks of time like that weekends

so the answer is get outposts  closer to the enemy .... we are limited to the number of outposts  and ships we can own... ..and the ones i do own are required to provide materials shipyards to replace the ships i lose on pvp ... ok so build my ships nearer the enemy ... the limiting factor is still time ... to get the materials closer to the enemy requires sailing time ..to buy the materials costs gold  so i have to pve to earn it .... I dont really want to pve in unprotected waters the chance of people jumping in for their pvp .. and setting me back a week by having to get a new ship .. is too great therefore i have to stay near home waters .. 

it all boils down to not been able to tp ... i need to be able to tp ships because im limited in the number of outposts and ships i can own .. ..

I look on combat news .. i can see where the enemy is ... but 9 times out of 10 ..its too far way for me to be able to get there ..

you dont need massive rewards for pvp .... to encourage players ... just make ot easier for them to be able to have the right ship in the right area ... without 1 hour to 2 hour sailing time before you start even thinking about attacking someone

since ship TP has dissapeared so has PVP .. its not the reward or lack of reward that determines the amount of pvp... its the amount of time that has to be invested , to get an opportunity to pvp 

a year ago there was no complaints about the lack of pvp ... you could get a report of x number of  enemy ships tp into the  nearest port and fight them ...a year ago i  could have a ship based in say bridgetown ... go out and pvp t if i lost it it didnt matter because it wasnt a 3 hour sail from kpr or wherever to replace it

its the sailing time invetween the action thats killing this game

So, back to multiple duras or ship towing?

What would you prefer?

5 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Ok, but what? 50% less money than a winner, no XP and no marks?

The best solution would be giving a flat prize (XP, gold, marks) for winning the fight (such flat prize being related to the level of the ship sailed by the loosing player) and a variable prize (XP, gold, marks) to each player that is proportional to the damage dealt by the same player during the fight... but (and this is the key feature) this variable  prize for damage shall be awarded to both parties only if the combat actually ends with one ship sunk or boarded.

Edited by victor

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

So, back to multiple duras or ship towing?

What would you prefer?

personally would prefer ship towing .... sailing a ship for 2 hours just to get it to a port so i can go out to do pvp 24 hrs later holds no enjoyment ... i have over 3500 hrs in this game and i would not be suprised if the 50% of it was spent afk sailing watching netflix

12 hours ago, Cortez said:

Wait i have a pic for you..from EU server

Yeah that was when some PB happened, not really a prime example because the CN very rarely look like that, so no wonder you took your chance to take a screenshot lmao... yesterday afternoon there were 3 PvP kills total for 2.5 hours i played on the entire map...

11 hours ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Personal wishes???  Is this the best cognitive response that is constructive???

You may probably have noticed by now, that he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed... but a tool he is indeed.

1 minute ago, Landsman said:

Yeah that was when some PB happened, not really a prime example because the CN very rarely look like that, so no wonder you took your chance to take a screenshot lmao... yesterday afternoon there were 3 PvP kills total for 2.5 hours i played on the entire map...

That is not correct. Pic was taken WHILE PB occured, and it shows you clearly ONLY 2 hours of my presence on this server.

EU players are busy afternoon. There is a REAL LIFE too, you know.

Just now, Cortez said:

That is not correct. Pic was taken WHILE PB occured, and it shows you clearly ONLY 2 hours of my presence on this server.

That is what i said... only RvR PvP happens frequently but also not as much as it could...

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

EU players are busy afternoon. There is a REAL LIFE too, you know.

I'd assume that many who play the game still go to school they usually come up at 4-5 pm but it isn't only in the afternoon, it is around the clock except for the RvR primetime sometimes...

only RvR PvP happens frequently but also not as much as it could

Wrong.

I'd assume that many who play the game still go to school they usually come up at 4-5 pm but it isn't only in the afternoon, it is around the clock except for the RvR primetime sometimes...

School?Is that all? Are you 13? People have JOBS, WIVES,KIDS..Wtf are you talking about? If you have time to spend 12 hours each day in the game be my guest.

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

Wrong.

We all can see combat news... no need to discuss. You are one of the few who think there is enough PvP it seems... because you sit in PvE missions and don't notice it really.

2 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Are you 13?

17 actually. And yeah look at player activity numbers around the clock for NA and similar games to see when players are most active.

4 minutes ago, Cortez said:

People have JOBS, WIVES,KIDS..Wtf are you talking about?

I see how many player are online and how many pvp kills happen. So how does this matter? Of course there are people who have a busy life but if you are an adult with a really busy life you don't play video games...

6 minutes ago, Cortez said:

If you have time to spend 12 hours each day in the gam

That would probably be you seeing how you have time to find all the pvp that there is supposedly?

Just now, Landsman said:

We all can see combat news

And? What is the problem with your "lack of PvP" then?

17 actually. And yeah look at player activity numbers around the clock for NA and similar games to see when players are most active

Explains a lot...Lol. Stop comparing NA with other games.If you think there is no enough fighting, play something else.

I see how many player are online and how many pvp kills happen. So how does this matter? Of course there are people who have a busy life but if you are an adult with a really busy life you don't play video games

Lol. So let us make NA playable for all 17 year old :P

3 minutes ago, Landsman said:

That would probably be you seeing how you have time to find all the pvp that there is supposedly

Make an outpost at any free port. PvP is there, or where the PB occurs.

3 minutes ago, Cortez said:

And? What is the problem with your "lack of PvP" then?

That the combat news shows very few pvp kills compared to the players online, i guess?

4 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Explains a lot...Lol. Stop comparing NA with other games.If you think there is no enough fighting, play something else.

I said "similar" games. Reading properly isn't your strong suit, is it? I know NA isn't some arcade game and very niche.

6 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Lol. So let us make NA playable for all 17 year old

It is already, what's your point?

8 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Make an outpost at any free port. PvP is there, or where the PB occurs.

Yeah, but mainly when there are PBs... otherwise it's often pretty dead...

Just now, Landsman said:

That the combat news shows very few pvp kills compared to the players online, i guess

On GLOBAL perhaps..I don`t know what are you talking about.

I said "similar" games. Reading properly isn't your strong suit, is it? I know NA isn't some arcade game and very niche.

Which game is "similar" to NA? Battlefield 4? Learn what SIMILAR means.

It is already, what's your point?

Apparently not, because you complain about "lack of PvP".

2 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, but mainly when there are PBs... otherwise it's often pretty dead

Not true again,lol.

3 hours ago, Cortez said:

On GLOBAL perhaps..I don`t know what are you talking about.

No on EU Server...

4 hours ago, Cortez said:

Which game is "similar" to NA? Battlefield 4? Learn what SIMILAR means.

EvE, ED or PotBs for example... and it doesn't really matter, just look at NA - that is enough.

Apparently not, because you complain about "lack of PvP".

Absolutely no logic here. 

Not true again,lol.

In terms of PvP it is pretty depressing to be honest... even for a niche game like NA... most players online ( not many either ) are sitting in the safe areas around the capitals.