Game-Labs Forum

An answer to lack of PvP perhaps

6 hours ago, Cortez said:

https://imgur.com/a/fn0HT

No PvP at all ;)

I do not understand this moaning PvE players like Jimmerson what are they smoking, seriously.

This is a pic,from ONLY 2 hours at EU server.

Tried to save privacy, if you ask ourself, what is this white colour thing there...:wacko:(was a bit drunk when editing)

I speak for global server.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I don't think it's a game problem. We simply have a community that doesn't like  competitive gaming. Sometimes I think that the last 4 ranks should only be reachable with pvp xp  and if you don't pvp for a while you loose your level again. Marks will not fix it,  a new community might.....   

There is no problem with PvP or RvR on EU server.

It`s a problem on GLOBAL with their 150 players in prime time, that`s all.

9 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

wow

And this as a nail in your "idea coffin". ;)

PVP is not a mechanic. its a player made situation.

all that this game needs is more population, so please stop suggesting to the devs to change existing mechanics again. the devs should focuss on getting more content in the game and not your personal wishes.( quoting Rickard)

On 4.10.2017 at 11:01 AM, admin said:

we are planning to eat the pill and bring pvp marks back and get some content behind the pvp wall. It works in WOW. Players who don't like pvp will still be able to buy pvp marks from pvp players. 

Omg.....Don`t....(no PvP Zones/Events pls, those earlier some had in mind as "Gank Zones")

Most players do not want to lose their pixel ships, it`s not a game problem.

1 minute ago, Landsman said:

2ea1c12a70f3ff16714f845de348258d--care-b

A wild carebear appears. Wild Carebear uses "Buhu, leave my PvE alone" - it's super effective!

Fluffy one, can i keep it?

Like another one said to somebody else : " Keep your personal wishes out of the game". If this molested project is ever to succeed, the frogs should not be asked "may i drain the swamp".

GLOBAL server has an issue, not the current mechanic.

40 minutes ago, Cortez said:

It`s a problem on GLOBAL with their 150 players in prime time, that`s all.

If there is little to no PvP on the Global server and there is not problem on the EU Server then why do they not make one PvP server to satisfy the needs of the many???  It is quite apparent that the Global server is not going to gain enough players to satisfy the need for a strong PvP server.

Just now, CaptainCaveMan said:

If there is little to no PvP on the Global server and there is not problem on the EU Server then why do they not make one PvP server to satisfy the needs of the many???  It is quite apparent that the Global server is not going to gain enough players to satisfy the need for a strong PvP server.

Which "many"? You are not so "many" on GLOBAL.

GLOBAL has lack of players, not EU,means no PvP. When i play longer than 2 hours, i see Combat News exploding, every day.

On 4.10.2017 at 11:01 AM, admin said:

we are planning to eat the pill and bring pvp marks back and get some content behind the pvp wall. It works in WOW. Players who don't like pvp will still be able to buy pvp marks from pvp players. 

Maybe your pill let you forget to new loss of players.

Here we go! the same failed changes back.

Did you loose ships / gear when farming pvp marks in wow no!

In naval action yes we do!

So make ships cheaper to build, game is a nightmare for new players,  changes this situation  make an decent UI get more players! get more pvp.!

Edited by Shrez
  • Like 1

On 04/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, admin said:

you cant force people to pvp  bu denying them stuff..... they just quit .....

if people wanted to pvp they would do it ...the fact that threads started about how difficult it is to find means most dont want to pvp ...

so your plan to bring back pvp points is catering to the minority

the question you have to address why dont they want to play pvp .... not how do we force them to pvp .

so far my post seems to read as though i prefer pve to pvp .... on the contary .. the most fun playing this game is pvp ...

so the problems i encounter when i want to PVP

it all boils down to time ...... and how much time I have to invest in the game to pvp ....

I have to sail to find a tartget ... since you cant tp your ships to port  anymore .. I have to sail from my port ..to an enemy area .. then start searching for a target ... If lucky i find a someone to fight ....so maybe an hours sail to an area .. an hour searching and maybe  30mins to an hour pvp .... but then on top of that theres the added factor if I win ... there maybe a revenge fleet wating that drags me into a battle again another hour .... and win or lose i have the hour sail back to my port ... so i have to be prepared to invest around 4 hours  in the game minimum .. I only have blocks of time like that weekends

so the answer is get outposts  closer to the enemy .... we are limited to the number of outposts  and ships we can own... ..and the ones i do own are required to provide materials shipyards to replace the ships i lose on pvp ... ok so build my ships nearer the enemy ... the limiting factor is still time ... to get the materials closer to the enemy requires sailing time ..to buy the materials costs gold  so i have to pve to earn it .... I dont really want to pve in unprotected waters the chance of people jumping in for their pvp .. and setting me back a week by having to get a new ship .. is too great therefore i have to stay near home waters .. 

it all boils down to not been able to tp ... i need to be able to tp ships because im limited in the number of outposts and ships i can own .. ..

I look on combat news .. i can see where the enemy is ... but 9 times out of 10 ..its too far way for me to be able to get there ..

you dont need massive rewards for pvp .... to encourage players ... just make ot easier for them to be able to have the right ship in the right area ... without 1 hour to 2 hour sailing time before you start even thinking about attacking someone

since ship TP has dissapeared so has PVP .. its not the reward or lack of reward that determines the amount of pvp... its the amount of time that has to be invested , to get an opportunity to pvp 

a year ago there was no complaints about the lack of pvp ... you could get a report of x number of  enemy ships tp into the  nearest port and fight them ...a year ago i  could have a ship based in say bridgetown ... go out and pvp t if i lost it it didnt matter because it wasnt a 3 hour sail from kpr or wherever to replace it

its the sailing time invetween the action thats killing this game

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cortez said:

Fixed. CombatNews logs taken during PBs don't say jack about the state of OW PvP.

10 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I hope all of EU doesn't share this cancerous opinion

I keep saying: there is only one solution to enhance PVP: give some rewards also for a PVP loss.

Any other solution will just either displease PVPers or make PVErs quit the game or being extremely shy in leaving the ports.

Just now, victor said:

I keep saying: there is only one solution to enhance PVP: give some rewards also for a PVP loss.

Any other solution will just either displease PVPers or make PVErs quit the game or being extremely shy in leaving the ports.

there's two but that's one of them

PVP focal points is the other

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

there's two but that's one of them

PVP focal points is the other

there's three: population.

It's true that on PVP EU (where I play), if you want OS PVP, you have just to go in some places in prime time and there's plenty of it (even too much).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, victor said:

Ok, but what? 50% less money than a winner, no XP and no marks?