Game-Labs Forum

WRECK and BOTTLE rethink

Ever wonder how on earth you find the wreck of a ship after finding a floating bottle? Its a neat idea but isnt it time for the game to take a more logical and intersting take on finding goodies while sailing in the open world?

Suggestion:

Bottles that are fished out of the sea contain skill books, coins, maybe expensive small items.

Add "sealed chests" those can be found just like sealed bottles however they contain larger treasures for players to then sail back to port.

NOTE: you do not get the location of a wreck from a sealed bottle or chest instead...

ShipWrecks are now "discovered" randomly throughout the open world as you sail. This encourages and rewards players for the time they spend sailing around the open world, BUT it also requires them to pay attention. Wrecks would have a vastly greater amount of reward on them too which would encourage people to use trade ships in their fleet to carry all the goodies or be forced to come back with a trade ship. Or to share with their friends a location best they can to come pick up the loot from the discovered shipwreck. Discovering shipwrecks just seems to me more immersive rather than finding the location of a wreck from a sealed bottle all of which have been floating around the ocean for however long, so how could you possibly know the location of a moving object right?

I know, its not a big deal but its just an idea to add the immersive value of the game.

• Like 5

I would love to see some more events like even an actual Treasure fleet.  You get random event where you have to go in and attack a fleet with Indmans/LGV's .  They have chest in them that you can either take on your ship and run (if you have the cargo) or capture the trader and than defend it as you try to get it escape.  Once the battle is open it's open to all so any one can join and try to help you defeat the fleet or even worse steal the goods once it's all done with. Pretty much have green on green allowed in these fights.

• Like 1

And every once in a while put something really cool on these random AI ships such as a paint(!!!!!) or rare ship note. Hell, it could be only one in a hundred but wouldn't it be cool to hit the jackpot. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Richard Bolitho said:

Has anyone else noticed a drop in sealed bottles? I think they have nerfed them. I was getting one every third day and now nothing for a week and a half. If anything they need to buff them to give us some interest!

It usually takes me a trip or two across the entire map to get a bottle without the fishing perk. I thought they only happened in deep water, and then I got one while sitting in port last week.  I'm not sure if the catch rate has changed, but it's so low that RNG can make the frequency of occurance seem odd.

I sail a lot, and use the fishing perk.  I feel like bottle drops have been reduced for about a month or a bit more maybe.  But just a feeling based on historical catching, no measured bottle per nm or anything like that.

Edited by Jean Ribault