Game-Labs Forum

Hello to everyone and Developers

Capt.Roan Alexander

Hello, to developers and community.  I thought I would create this topic under Gen. Discussions as a way of introducing myself and giving a lil' blurb as to why I am highly delighted to have found this.

My name is Greyson, age 23, and I grew up loving and idolizing this time period.  I started reading with such books as the Aubrey-Mauterin series (Patric O'Brian), the Horatio Hornblower series (C.S. Forrester), and the Bolitheo series (Alexander Kent), as well as playing such games as Pirates! Gold and the origional Age of Sail game by TalonSoft.  For YEARS I have looked for a game or series that could match and expand on these great games...but I have been sadly dissapointed.  I had almost given up hope that I would ever find a game that would carry the banner and torch for this great, but saldy under-used time period...until now.  It would seem that a few of the projects I have found lately may just make Knots towards reviving the Grand days of Sail.

So, from a haggard ol' Salt, lemme tell ye'... I thank ye fer yer hard work, an' look forrard tae sailin' again, and looking fer adventure from the Quarterdeck again.

Cap. Roan Alexander, R.N.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard!

I'm personally all kinds of happy that I'm taking part in gaming in this century and onward, because it's the point where technology's come far enough that people's dreams can start being realised in full 3D, virtual reality, surround sound, the whole enchilada. I know people who tell me of how they were amazed the first time they played checkers, or Mario in their bedrooms. People whose eyes were wide at the thought of being able to play games on a computer but then I look at innovations like Frostbite 3 and I'm dead proud to be seeing what gaming is spitting up these days.

With the way gaming is going, you're not gonna see a single setting, or background, or era untouched anymore. It's a fast growing place and we're all lucky to be seeing it grow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...