Game-Labs Forum

How to make it so that the AI battle buffs are turned off?

bzm3r

Hi all,

I'm a bit irritated by the AI battle buffs (where their unit composition responds to mine (e.g. if I have more snipers, they get tons of elite sharpshooters)), or in some battles where they just have a lot of units even though I have been thrashing them in the past few battles. I understand this is a bit of a new feature (it wasn't an issue in the early updates), but I hate it.

How do I disable it>?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bzm3r said:

Hi all,

I'm a bit irritated by the AI battle buffs (where their unit composition responds to mine (e.g. if I have more snipers, they get tons of elite sharpshooters)), or in some battles where they just have a lot of units even though I have been thrashing them in the past few battles. I understand this is a bit of a new feature (it wasn't an issue in the early updates), but I hate it.

How do I disable it>?

Welcome, nice to see you over here, BZM. 

Err, this isn't a thing?  Not since the Intelligence Service update has what you described been in play.  Ever since then, the enemy's manpower, veterancy, and weapons are directly proportional to the Manpower, Experience, and Armory values in the intelligence screen.  Even if you equip yourself with loads of sniper rifles, the enemy won't have them if they don't have the armory values to do so (unless it's Rio Hill, in which case they'll always have something interesting because of how unique the battle it).

• Like 1

What @The Soldier said - there is an enemy total manpower/veterancy/weapons (seen in your intelligence report), from which the enemy can draw, and while it will scale up to meet you, it can't scale beyond what they actually have unless that would be below the minimum battle size.

As far as I can tell it works roughly like this (others please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) The enemy will have a minimum battle manpower/weapons etc.

2) The enemy will add weapons and troops to try to match your army in size and composition (based on difficulty level).

Well, what about these notes from patch 1.06:

Enhance of possible AI strength ratio to keep interest high at mid campaign (based on feedback) and not have boring battles vs crippled AI armies. Battles affected are:
Antietam for Confederate AI , Fredericksburg for both AI sides, Chancellorsville for Confederate AI, Gettysburg for both AI sides.
AI will be affected the same from previous defeats but will allocate more troops to counter your army, if there are available.

It seems to me that the AI is unbounded by "Cash", so it can utilize its entire manpower. I have 120k soldiers unutilized because I simply don't have the cash for it. This doesn't make for very fair battles. It seems the more I win, and the more I take risks to decisively destroy an enemy army, the more I suffer in the next battle, because unlike the AI, I can't utilize everything available to me, unless I have the cash for it.

The AI before simply scaled directly with what you have.  What we have now is miles better than what we had before, and is perfectly fine as well.  The manpower simply dictates the maximum number of men the AI can field in one battle (and most battles, even Grand Battles, will rarely reach that number).

20 hours ago, bzm3r said:

Well, what about these notes from patch 1.06:

It seems to me that the AI is unbounded by "Cash", so it can utilize its entire manpower. I have 120k soldiers unutilized because I simply don't have the cash for it. This doesn't make for very fair battles. It seems the more I win, and the more I take risks to decisively destroy an enemy army, the more I suffer in the next battle, because unlike the AI, I can't utilize everything available to me, unless I have the cash for it.

You have the cash to utilize your soldiers, you just poorly use your money. Don't spend millions of dollars on veterans, buy some hello kittying guns for your rookies.