Game-Labs Forum
Sunleader

Could we reduce the NPC Cheating ?

Aye.

The Fire Issue aside.

The AI has an much higher Critical Chance.

And some of the Shots a Goofy as Hell. Like hitting the Back Armor when the AI is actually to your frontal side.,

On 10/2/2017 at 11:59 AM, Sunleader said:

Aye.

The Fire Issue aside.

The AI has an much higher Critical Chance.

And some of the Shots a Goofy as Hell. Like hitting the Back Armor when the AI is actually to your frontal side.,

That's because shots that penetrate your bow have a chance to punch through all the way and thus damage your stern armour.

Exactly how shots that penetrate one side are able to punch through and damage the opposite side.

But you'd only learn that if you spent more time thinking than typing.

On 1.10.2017 at 5:25 AM, Sunleader said:

Since they got told off by the Poll

Lol

On 30.09.2017 at 6:04 PM, Sunleader said:

Really every Single Time. Sometimes 3-4 times in a Single Battle.

Please stop using "Open Magazine Access" skill. ;)

If you don't like NPC cheating, do an Epic Event. It will help!

Follow this scenario:
A Jew complained to his Rabbi:
- Rabbi, I have a wife, four children in this small appartment. There's no room for anything. How can I leave? Life lost it's charm!
- get a goat, bring it to your appartment.

Jew did this. Next time when they met:
- so, how are things going on?
- oh, Rabbi, it's awful! I have children, wife, and now this goat in a small appartment. Life is unbearable now!
- good, take out the goat
They met next time:
- so, how are things going on now?
- oh, Rabbi, thank you so much! Without this goat life is great again!

On 30.09.2017 at 6:04 PM, Sunleader said:

The First thing they do is Set me on Fire on a Broadside into my nearly Undamaged Armor.

Really every Single Time. Sometimes 3-4 times in a Single Battle.

I mean do they have some sort of Secret Arsonist Skill that gives an 50% chance to light an Enemy on Fire when you hit a Broadside or something ????

in General their Ability to land Criticals is insane. I often lose 20% of my Cannons before my Armor is Half Depleted.

It seems like you're showing your stern too much. This is what happens when someone hits you in the stern (rudder, cannons, crew), or to your side with large angle (fire).

Bot accuracy is not that different from an average player. Try one-balling somoeone yourself from time to time. It IS accurate.

12 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

Please stop using "Open Magazine Access" skill. ;)

The chances are still too high.  And yes, it's like 3 to 4 times a battle in many battles.

25 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

The chances are still too high.  And yes, it's like 3 to 4 times a battle in many battles.

hmm funny, I have been in 3 v 1 in a Brig vs a Navy Brig, Mercury, and a Lynx.  I sunk all 3 of them in my Fir+crew space brig, never set on fire once.  

Fought a Surprise in a Teak-Fir Renomee and again... never caught fire once.

Maybe you are exposing yourself to getting shot to often?

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

hmm funny, I have been in 3 v 1 in a Brig vs a Navy Brig, Mercury, and a Lynx.  I sunk all 3 of them in my Fir+crew space brig, never set on fire once.  

Fought a Surprise in a Teak-Fir Renomee and again... never caught fire once.

Maybe you are exposing yourself to getting shot to often?

No.  I'm not.  Never.

First shot in many......many.......cases.  First shot from a huge distance where they can barely hit me sometimes.  It's consistent, has nothing to do with me, I win every battle against AI with minimal damage.  It's as said above, it's the open mag access, and it's too over the top for AI chances.

May have something to do with wood types.  Most with sabicu structure and planks, and that has a +1.5% fire resistance factor according to the wiki.

Edited by Jean Ribault

Fire resistance acts upon spreading of fires. Fire chance acts upon the possibility of catching fire at any given moment.

Each cannon has gunpowder. Each gun deck has one or more gunpowder magazines. Each ship has one or more big magazines.

That's a lot of places where a spark can ignite a fire.

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Fire resistance acts upon spreading of fires. Fire chance acts upon the possibility of catching fire at any given moment.

This statement implies that wood types of a ship have no bearing on initial chance of catching fire.  Is this a true statement?