Game-Labs Forum

[PvP Global] restart PORT Management Issue

Norfolk nChance

3 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Its rolled forward... suppose it had to be one or tuther...

N.

I haven't set up our spread sheet for cost of ports and was about to do that for today, but that might be why we cost a bit more than normal for port maintenance.  @Ink can we check to confirm folks weren't charged double upkeep with the roll forward with the down time?   

• Like 2

I think given the tax is based on player activity and that global has a player base ? 1/3rd of Euro having a static tax is a bit imbalanced tbh.

Should be scaled to player base. Avg 1,000 players, then 100% of standard tax mechanics applied (ie 100k). Avg 500 players then 50% etc down to some cap low bar of say 33%.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

I think given the tax is based on player activity and that global has a player base ? 1/3rd of Euro having a static tax is a bit imbalanced tbh.

Should be scaled to player base. Avg 1,000 players, then 100% of standard tax mechanics applied (ie 100k). Avg 500 players then 50% etc down to some cap low bar of say 33%.

I'm going to do the math as it changes every day what we take in, but we have 20 ports between BLACK/BLOOD right now.  That is 2 million a day.  I think it cost us 1.3 mill last reset.  Other dayd it cost us less.  That is a big hit when you have very small player base.  I mean I can make that easily per day, but for most it should be cover by most of the income in them.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

I would say we are about the same income% wise, think we have ~16 ports with Armed. We probably end up paying for 50% of the upkeep out of clan $$. Some ports which are player hubs do ok to good and our daily 'balance' is better at the weekends with increased player activity/trading. The key ports of course are those with valuable 'mod' rares in them. Perhaps 4 of these on the map. But most of the ports are just a drain.

Of course the other element is that trading away from the 'safe zones' is lower now too AND trading in general is down imo as there is so much easy money in missions for RA's.

With a bigger player base this would be fine (for lots of reasons) so I can see the Dev's optimistically building it for such an event. But as it stands now on global, the only way to hold ports is to have clannies prepared to put money into the clan warehouse.

If a clan cant cover their cost, be aware the banking is done one port at a time, in the order you took them. So if the money earner is say your 4th port, you could lose a couple of those before that.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1