Game-Labs Forum

Exploit bug?

n_Ka

Hey, i will understand why when is easy victory for me, 500 vs 300 crew, i lost my ship.

First Vile say in mp" i have patching my crew before boarding"

its exploid and not really, but why after 7 round i have non stop -20 Outside kill?

We have to be 1vs1.

And i havent other screenshoot, but after again -20, i each round?

Vile say too me, it's the wood he using?

I have thinking tcheater but i will know.

Thank you.

E55DA162741A17E5C5A4E9D279A8378EEA58E727

Can't say for sure, but I'm thinking - book of five rings is reducing the amount of your crew kills and he popped the crew repair in battle. But the brace/muskel volley in the end should've given him more crew back (23)..

Press 5 and 3 in boarding

You use rum.

Enemy gets negative outside kills because you get crew back

The moment you did your screenshot he dtill uses his rum

No cheat, he just knows that he can use rum in boarding even tho you dont see it.

You can also repair while in boarding

Ok, but it's new?

I have trying in the past, that have to be no possible?

Before boarding ok, but while?

2 minutes ago, n_Ka said:

I have trying in the past, that have to be no possible?

Before boarding ok, but while?

yes you can use crew repair buttons unlike other buttons
its not a bug and not an exploit but visualization is very bad and need to be fixed
we dont know if this should stay or get removed. in history surgeons did work during boarding and could repair some people back to action. 

what do you guys think?

• Like 1

Ok i have just truying now, but is ghost action, we no see any toolbar .

And i think you need say that in patch note, for everyone know that,

because for me, and i focus 90% of my game,  boarding and cap( nostalgy of the exceptionnal ship before the wipe),

it's totaly new :)

36 minutes ago, admin said:

its not a bug and not an exploit but visualization is very bad and need to be fixed
we dont know if this should stay or get removed. in history surgeons did work during boarding and could repair some people back to action. 

what do you guys think?

I think it has to be nerfed considerably.. especially considering the amount of crew that is recovered.. Surgeons in the day were actually pretty impressive.. The british navy surgeons lost only about 50% of the amputee cases (the most common injury during battle were fractures from either recoiling cannons or blunt trauma), this number has to be considered while knowing that the knowledge of bactaerial infections (and the need to use sterile equipment) didn't come till about fifty years after the napoleonic wars (I can't recall the exact year the theory became widely acknowledged).

EDIT: Other than my perceived need for a nerf of the possibility I think it's a great feature.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, admin said:

what do you guys think?

What redii says. But the amount of crew restored by round should be reduced. -20 per round ist too much considering that there is only 1 surgeon on board ;)

58 minutes ago, admin said:

what do you guys think?

Make it a part of the boarding action, make it cost prep for your men to haul the wounded below deck while others cover them. As it is now its just silly and unrealistic that you can revive half your crew mid boarding with no downsides 

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

1 hour ago, admin said:

what do you guys think?

Many Napoleonic surgeons almost certainly saved many lives, of whom a surprisingly high percentage returned to active duty. I would suggest that while a wounded gunner or Able Seaman who worked in the  rigging would be unfit for his duties especially if the wounds were to limbs, he would  I think, be of limited use in the melee of hand to hand combat where mobility is paramount.

I think the concept of returning wounded into action is a good one and as you say historically accurate, perhaps if the percentages of returned wounded would be higher in a boarding than in the preceding  ship v ship battle, a man with light wounds may not be able to help load/run out a gun or climb rigging but he could still use a pistol, belaying pin or cutlass albeit somewhat clumsily. 

3 hours ago, admin said:

what do you guys think?

yes should stay but with penalty (slower reg. or less crew reg.) while in boarding and improved visualization.

Edited by z4ys

11 hours ago, admin said:

what do you guys think?

im ok with repairs being used while boarding, both sides have the option to do so.

I don't think it's at all historically accurate to expect wounded sailors to be healed during a boarding action.  During combat only the most severely injured who couldn't continue to fight, were sent down to the surgeon.  Many feared their own sawbones and would prefer to remain on deck if they could. 

On 28.9.2017 at 2:13 PM, admin said:

what do you guys think?

Tbh i would like you guys to remove this. Boarding should be a final action, not just another amongst others,where repairs save you at the last moment . A fight needs an end.

• Like 1

And apart from all the rum, vodka and what not. The game is also about moral. And I didn't do a lot of pvp boarding battles but it seemed that the moral wasn't coming back up again.

I have seen guys with over half of the ship crew alive being captured with a first rate, due bad use/mis use of the moral. The best defense for moral is funly enough the marines they take something like up to 50% of the moral damage. Not counting any modifiers.

Edited by pietjenoob