Game-Labs Forum

Sad news from Europe: Sixth coalition is kaput

On 27.9.2017 at 9:50 PM, admin said:

Is this the end of the world as we know it? Or is it a beginning of the new empires? 

Would be interesting to see more nations added to the game. You have a few in game already that didn't play any major role in the caribbean at the time but are some of the strongest in RvR ( like Danmark and Sweden ), while nations that should be strong historically like Spain are super weak compared to that. So i don't see a problem in terms of being historically inaccurate. Would definitely make clan wars more feasible and maybe even split up some big nations to balance all nations overall more...

• Like 1

The decision spectrum is simple
We either have 3 large full nations or we have a lot more smaller nations which constantly fight with each other. Having some nations without reinforcement zones and with capturable capitals will allow hardcore players to have as much hardcore rvr gameplay as they want, without affecting the rest of the audience. 

The main benefits of those nations is the risk and the opportunity to sail their national flags. The nation choice is also historical (could have happened).

Don't forget its the test. Final test for the RVR/PVP imbalance

• Like 3

Just now, admin said:

We either have 3 large full nations or we have a lot more smaller nations which constantly fight with each other. Having some nations without reinforcement zones and with capturable capitals will allow hardcore players to have as much hardcore rvr gameplay as they want, without affecting the rest of the audience. 

The main benefits of those nations is the risk and the opportunity to sail their national flags. The nation choice is also historical (could have happened).

I am not seeing how this effects anything with the current test of clan wars?

If anything the dozen smaller nations just plays well into the style of the clan war setup you currently have.  But again further does nothing to help the smaller individual players or small clans.  (less than 5 players small).

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Balance, in terms of RvR between nations, was reached only one time. It was when the alliance system was working. The EU server community balanced itself making two blocks with almost same population and war capabilities.

Sorry but it is not historical that some minor nations could build a fleet of lineships (probably the most costly war machine of its time) and send them to conquer far distant territories from other european nations/empires.

Game is no more historical correct from some time already. For a sake of gameplay it just can`t be 100% historical accurate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Game aims to be realistic.

Steam says:

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

It is absurd to think that Poland could conquer Cartagena from Spain.

Is you know something i don`t? But same time its realistic when pirates sailing 25 lineships? or you teleport to ports? Stop "cherry picking" realism

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, admin said:

I suggest you to add some more "real" benefits for the players of the hardcore nations (i.e. exclusive admiralty rewards, or more xp and gold, or the possibility to buy more ships with notes without crafting, or discount on labor hours or the right to craft a 2 dura ship, or the possibility to tow one ship a day between outpost, etc. etc.)

• Like 3

New nations in hardcore mode without capitals and protection zones will do job i guess. Plus we need raids and maybe alliances back in different shape - maybe one ally per nation. So many times i said make pirates a pirates and remove them from RvR - they can hunt traders, raid and plunder ports or help other nations as screening.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, admin said:

Players already can sail under national flag.
So i don't see any reasons why hardcore players will change nation.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

I simply see it like this.

In a long run the only benefit you will get from this are more ship requests for other nations. These ships will end up in Legends. This is a good thing. PvP will not improve as it will break nations into smaller parts and reduce already existing pvp traditions.  Now your goal is to make sure people who play Legends transition to Naval Action Open World. Let's say they can earn packages that can be used in NA OWorld. This way you will have action hungry players who go play Legends to release their pvp need, and later come back to NA OWorld and play RvR. Improving their pvp skill in LEgends will definetely bring pvp back to OS, but only with right content. This approach will almost guarantee you a great success. Before we go into success you will need to work on 'content' that will keep players entertained. 

Here is a list of things you need to fix before even trying to add nations:

-Make Pirates unique ( ship refits and raids)

-Add ship customization items (figureheads, flags, paint, sails) etc.. Casual players.

-Add OS loot in fleets and add treasure chests and keys. Chests must drop ships. Keys are rare or premium. Casual players.

-Make animated world map to show people where action takes place. I like the chat feature, but it is not enough. 

-Keep adding ships. 

- Make world travel easier. With more Nations and no fast world travel you will without doubt kill your game. I guarantee you this. So , please think about it. 

For now you are on the right track, but many parts are still missing in your slowly moving train. 

Good luck and I hope you spend some time thinking about what I wrote. 

G.W.

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Current RvR requires 25 ships for PB and decent 25 screening ships. 50 players from one nation to participate in RvR.

This could be fixed by limiting PB to minimum. Let me explain. When Nation brings hostility up to 100% PB is scheduled, but with limited 10vs10 setup. In order to unlock 15vs15 , 25vs25, Attacker must further increase and grind hostility in other words work for 'Bonus' seats in PB. Defender then will realize that attacker will bring more than 10 people since they increased hostility and unlocked all bonuses for 25vs25. Defender will know that they need to bring larger force in order to defend. Bonus seats unlock should take more time and work to unlock. Once unlocked by attacker it's unlocked for both sides. 

In some cases Attackers can be lazy and leave PB at 10 vs 10 or 15vs15 this will make sure all spots are taken and PB is full. 

Seems like simple solution. What do you think? Legally Devs keep 25vs25, but with more work involved while making 10vs10 or 15vs15 PB more popular. 

Dear Devs could this work?

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

Game is no more historical correct from some time already. For a sake of gameplay it just can`t be 100% historical accurate.

Historically Prussia could have sent a small colonial fleet of privateers to cut off Spanish supply of resources to Europe, because they were at war.  It did not happen for multiple reasons but it could happen. These privateers could grow in power and actually capture a colony and then build from there. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Historically Prussia could have sent a small colonial fleet of privateers to cut off Spanish supply of resources to Europe. It did not happen for multiple reasons but it could happen. These privateers could grow in power and actually capture a colony and then build from there. 

Do not listen to Historical BS. It's used too often in order to effect the development. You will succeed with your approach if you bring the right content. That simple. 

34 minutes ago, admin said:

Historically Prussia could have sent a small colonial fleet of privateers to cut off Spanish supply of resources to Europe, because they were at war.  It did not happen for multiple reasons but it could happen. These privateers could grow in power and actually capture a colony and then build from there. 

Well same Poland instead push towards ukraine, russia and black sea they might build stronger fleet defat danish blockades and set up some colonies on "new world" Courland done this as a vassal of Poland so why not 20 times bigger country? Just use imagination - instead stick to raw historical facts.

1 hour ago, admin said:

It would even give the xebec a reason to be in the west indies. Barbary pirates incoming. Love it!

(And many other ships)

Edited by z4ys

It's not guaranteed that all of the German players that play as the Swedes at the moment will move to Prussia. I know a couple of German players that won't.  Same goes with other nations. Imho it will help break up big nations like GB and Pirates into more smaller ones which might be more beneficial than you think. Plus the the popularity that the game might get from promoting new nations, it might lead to a rise of the overall population.

In the end, it's only a test. Nothing permanent

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

It would even give the xebec a reason to be in the west indies. Barbary pirates incoming. Love it!

(And many other ships)

The Xebec modeled or planned to be in game is based on the Spanish Xebec... which DID see action in the west indies.

go tell a group that is 10 men strong that the group that has 25 people will split up because a new faction comes around to balance nations for RvR. that 25 man group ain't going ANYWHERE when they have the ability to have a 25 man strong port battle fleet.

Why in the name of everything would any group ever leave a nation in the assumption/hope that the new nation would have a port battle fleet capable of successfully defending any future port battles.

This is nothing about moving people to balance nations, the absolute core issue is this:

1. In order for a group or clan to be successful in RvR, they must have 25 players to attack or defend a port from another group or clan.
2. If the group does not have 25 players, they can take Neutral towns only to then lose them to a group that does have 25 players.

RvR success against other nations ties DIRECTLY to whether a group or clan has 25 players that can attack or defend. Yeah of course I know as a small group of 5 people in one nation I could probably go take a neutral port, but when that 25 man group comes and takes it, I have 5 guys, that port is lost and not point fighting. This is why the RvR issue is NOT with the nations we have or if one is bigger or smaller, the issue is that there is only one Group that is "able" to partake in Port Battles. Simple, you don't have 25 players? You aren't winning or fighting a group that does have 25 players in port battles.

This is why I stress the need for different port battle size limits. 6v6, 12v12, 25v25. That is how you get nations that have small player bases, or clans who are small to both ENJOY and ACTIVELY take part in Port Battles, which in turn allows them to take part in RvR aspects.

• Like 4