Game-Labs Forum

Sad news from Europe: Sixth coalition is kaput

If this is about re-shuffling of nations in NA, then best would be to have fewer rather than more nations (4 + pirates ?), but ensure that each nation has unconquerable ports in at least 2 (better 3) locations on the map. In this way, clan alliances (war corporations) can establish their kingdoms in different parts of the map. This would not require a perfect cohesion within a nation: the clan alliance will just have to be strong enough to defend own ports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

so we all complain about population going down, but you continue to be stubborn about a server merge. ok.......

anyway -- I don't honestly think it's more nations, it seems our hysteria stemmed from someone saying it in the first 5 replies and from there we have really made a bang up job in creating some wild assumptions. now....it doesn't help that the Admin literally gave us no info on what's happening but I'm going to reserve any judgment until we get some real information.

YOU all complain about server population.

WE all remember (and then complain) about ... nightflips.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victor said:

Put port locks on flip times and there won't be no night flips. If you can't protect your port in your prime time night flips won't matter.   It's very simple just have your clans ports set to your clans primes times and you will never have any issues.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Put port locks on flip times and there won't be not night flips. If you can't protect your port in your prime time night flips won't matter.   It's very simple just have your clans ports set to your clans primes times and you will never have any issues.  

C'mon. We all know what happened with one server with no time windows for BP.

A minority spoilt the experience of the majority of the playerbase.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Deal with it.

25 minutes ago, victor said:

C'mon. We all know what happened with one server with no time windows for BP.

A minority spoilt the experience of the majority of the playerbase.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Deal with it.

Against that is why your clan sets port timers for when your clan can defend said port.  If your not able to defend it in your prime time than you weren't going to defend it any way.  If some one else sets a port in another prime time and looses it than it's that clans fault not yours.  This is no longer Nation vs Nations it's about clans vs clans.  EU guys don't have to worry about any other time zone flipping there ports cause they would as clans set them all to EU prime times just as other clans will do AU/SEA or US primes times.  Hell some clans with enough players to fill PB"s in mulit times can have them set up for diffrent prime times.  

Just now, victor said:

nuff I said.

Have fun in your server, we like ours as it is now.

You seem not to care about the state of the game.  You only focus on yourself and EU.  Very sad.  Think about how great it could be with the mechanics Texas and others have mentioned.  

Your nearsightedness will be the downfall of this great Game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Two Toes Magoo said:

You seem not to care about the state of the game.  You only focus on yourself and EU.  Very sad.  Think about how great it could be with the mechanics Texas and others have mentioned.  

Well that and the devs clearly don’t understand that a more populated server will bring them more money and more players in the long run.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Two Toes Magoo said:

Well it's the EU bias to be honest.  If devs was right saying that 50% of the sales was from North America than why isn't 50% of the population playing from North America?  Cause of how they set up the servers, did a piss poor job of the wipe which still encourage every one to stay on the most populated server.  Refuse to give us the tools to balance the nations out on all servers.   They are now talking about bring more EU nations into game (maybe who knows what they mean with this post) that have nothing to do with this region the game is based in.

17 minutes ago, Aventador said:

Well that and the devs clearly don’t understand that a more populated server will bring them more money and more players in the long run.

I never been on a game that had multi servers in development other than like a super-test and than the main server we all where on.  Never been in a game that split the player based between three or more servers while in development.    Hell most of the folks don't even want RvR, they want  a big server with a large player base, that is why a lot of players flock to EU cause it has the largest player base. It's why I started there, but than I found out how rude the EU player base is to English speaking players that try to play in other nations than GB or US and while it's not all the players it's still very toxic and chases away the new players that you need to keep around.  IF they want to retain players they need to find out why half their sales aren't staying around and playing the game.   

Though honestly I"m starting to think the hint of this post from admin was they are prob going to announce the next ship and it will be from one of those nations that isn't in game currently or something.  Cause bring in more nations instead of fixing the problems we all ready have with not enough players and to many nations is just going to kill the game more.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

22 hours ago, Hodo said:

My guess is he is giving up on the nation ideas.. and leaving it for the clans to do.  Further killing the game for the individual and small clan players.

Then I want another and more suitable map! The only reason we have the current map is for the historical pretext (which ofc includes nations).

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Against that is why your clan sets port timers for when your clan can defend said port.  If your not able to defend it in your prime time than you weren't going to defend it any way.  If some one else sets a port in another prime time and looses it than it's that clans fault not yours.  This is no longer Nation vs Nations it's about clans vs clans.  EU guys don't have to worry about any other time zone flipping there ports cause they would as clans set them all to EU prime times just as other clans will do AU/SEA or US primes times.  Hell some clans with enough players to fill PB"s in mulit times can have them set up for diffrent prime times.  

So what is the point of merging servers when you immediately block those players from competing against each other with timers?? When we did have mixed servers there was constant complaining about timers not being in somebodies optimal time, regardless of when the actual window was.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jœrnson said:

Don't use the P word :ph34r:

No Premium ships?

Pirate mechanics?

Not sure which one you mean

Sorry, admin - I don't understand why you have to come up with such a roleplay shite again. Like Frontier Developments Patch notes

• Mysterious things added
  • More mysterious things added
  • Did we mention the mysterious things we added?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Knobby said:

So what is the point of merging servers when you immediately block those players from competing against each other with timers?? When we did have mixed servers there was constant complaining about timers not being in somebodies optimal time, regardless of when the actual window was.

Your always going to have folks complain about it not being some one Optimal time, Hell the poor AUS/SEA players loose an hour+ every day cause of server down time.  Some complain, but most move on.  Remember not every one in EU has the exact same times as every one else. I use to mainly play on SEA/AUS servers along with EU cause I worked nights and grave yard ships in the past even though I lived in the US those where my best times to play on servers with the most population during those times.   To restrict most of your population just cause a few guys don't want to loose a port (that is now clan owned not national) while they are work or asleep is just silly.  If you have set blocks than folks of the nations of those prime times will fight each other.  The problem EU had int he past was that ya'll split into an Alliance of east and west so you had no one to fight in each others time zones and that limited who folks can fight.  Now with no Alliance system if you have a Danish clan that is SEA/US prime time they can fight the players in say GB/US that have those prime times.  Instead of trying to push those players way these other nations that tend to have a majority of EU players should be trying to get none EU prime time players to join and play.  Instead we keep doing things to push more and more folks away. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, victor said:

Night flips are the result of poor game design of how ports are captured, much too quickly.  Nothing should "flip" - a sustained campaign should be required to take territory.  Ping seems to be the actual server merge issue. 

• Like 3

On 27/09/2017 at 8:50 PM, admin said:

Newsflash

During negotiations on the Sixth Coalition one of the archdukes was hit by a candelabra. The resulting melee between royalties has ruined the chances for peace in Europe. Mobilization started in several countries on the continent.
war-3-125-prussia.jpg.jpg

Is this the end of the world as we know it? Or is it a beginning of the new empires? 

You're going to add Belgium, aren't you!

The Sixth Coalition is done! let us play a little "What if.". 

Napoleon wins the war. What is the possible outcome? Britain loses its territories in the New World. What do we have on our map? We have America, France, Spain and maybe Scandinavia. This makes for a much cleaner game map with just 3 possibly 4 factions. It easily accommodates the 3 main languages in the game and leaves 1 left over for everyone that doesn't want to play as one of them. Maybe better RvR and PvP. 

And in keeping with the War Company and Clan idea all the clan v clan sniping and rivalry. Clan wars? No matter whether we are American, French or Spanish (or what ever) we all know how those colonials are. They'll be at each other's throats. Merchants running around all over the place trying to line their pockets with all the gold they can get their greedy little hands on. Pirates running amok everywhere. The nations WILL have to put them in their place or the economy will be ruined. 

Oh well. My new sea dog is nose bumping my elbow and I have to return to reality.

Fair sailing all.       

12 hours ago, Captain Two Toes Magoo said:

No, mate: I seem to care about the fact that if - in order to please 10 US/AUS players - 20 EU players are likely to leave the game, that's not in the interest of the game.

And that's exactly why 1) nuff I said and 2) you should just deal with it

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, victor said:

No, mate: I seem to care about the fact that if - in order to please 10 US/AUS players - 20 EU players are likely to leave the game, that's not in the interest of the game.

And that's exactly why 1) nuff I said and 2) you should just deal with it

Got it.  

You don't care about the game.  Just yourself.  

Good luck 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Two Toes Magoo said:

Got it.  

You don't care about the game.  Just yourself.  

Good luck 

To be fair, PVP Global is the PVE server of PVP.

We're but a fraction of the community, and PVP EU would go along just fine without us. 

Doing anything to please us that hurts EU is ultimately hurting the game more.

• Like 2