Game-Labs Forum

Ship lost when port reverted to Neutral

Raekur

About a week ago the port of Santa Fe was captured and I left a Prince de Neufchatel in port there in case other shallow water ports were going to be targetted later that week. I noticed that today the port reverted to neutral and the ship i had there is now gone. Is this intentional to "persuade" clans to pay for the upkeep and thus not lose ships or a odd "undocumented feature"?

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue occurred today. I figured out what is different. It happens when you want to relocate an outpost to a different slot. The process is to be in the port, Abandon the port and then open it in a different slot. The only effect before was that you would only lose any buildings that were there. Ships and warehouse contents would remain through the process provided you did not leave the port. What is concurring now is that is that buildings as well as ships in port are lost and warehouse contents remains. Prior to the Clan wars patch I used this method quite often with no issues at all.

12 hours ago, Raekur said:

Same issue occurred today. I figured out what is different. It happens when you want to relocate an outpost to a different slot. The process is to be in the port, Abandon the port and then open it in a different slot. The only effect before was that you would only lose any buildings that were there. Ships and warehouse contents would remain through the process provided you did not leave the port. What is concurring now is that is that buildings as well as ships in port are lost and warehouse contents remains. Prior to the Clan wars patch I used this method quite often with no issues at all.

Captain, it works like before- if you close outpost in a city you are currently in, you will keep ships in a dock till you undock. You can check it yourself in a port with basic cutters.

However currently you will lose those ships if you reopen outpost in the same port right after you closed it. More information on UI will be added or mechanic will be reworked.