Game-Labs Forum

Black Screen crash

John Sheppard

So ever since the Unity 5 update my game has been randomly crashing displaying only black screen sometimes kicking me out to desktop but i can still hear the sound of the game running the cannons firing etc.. and even though i see the game in the task bar when i try to alt-tab to it (or switch from the task manager) it doesn't appear 

ocasionally when i'm getting out to destop fast enough i see a pop-up message that the Nvidia kernerl driver has crashed and recovered .. this never happened before the unity 5 update and now it's happnening atleast 5 times per day completly randomly sometimes few times in a row both in battle and OW  and the only thing i can do is end process from task manager and relogin fast

the nvidia popup reads "Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version *numbers numbers* stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Captain, please check this workaround and reply back

On 02.04.2016 at 12:21 PM, Ink said:

Captain, there are some more possible workarounds to try:
1) Are you using any kind of overcloak on CPU or GPU? If so, turning it off might help.
2) Go into device manager and disable (not uninstall) all the Nvidia HD audio driver's. Check if it works.

my system is :

Win 7 64bit

motherboard : B150M-HD3 DDR3-CF

CPU : i3-6098P

Ram : 8GB DDR3 at 1600mhz

HD : Sandisk ultra 240GB SSD

GPU : Gigabyte Nvidia GT 730 2GB DDR5  at 5000Mhz  and 902 enginge clock 

it's not overclocked (i even tried to underclock both memory and engine clock but without any improvement)

the GPU is running at 48-50 degrees celcius and cpu at 40-43C while the game is running

Oh and i have not installed the HDMI audio coz i'm using headphones plugged in the motherboard's audio jack and using VGA cable for the monitor

Edited by John Sheppard

• 2 weeks later...

Still no fix or improvement on the Screen Crashes....:(

OK, fixed problem....I hope.<_<

I went to Task Manager - Device Manager - Visual Adapters- Nvidia Card and rolled back my latest Graphics driver to the previous one.:huh:

I also note that the problem driver was rev'ing the card when in game and open world where the crashes occurred. :unsure: The machine is quiet all of the time now.;)

Edited by No.42_Bandy