Game-Labs Forum

Suggestions

1. Remove ALL useless trading goods.(Bavarian Grain, Yorkshire Pudding?) I am really starting to believe nobody is trading with those goods. :)

2. Close the hostility missions, there will be no more PvP, if an enemy can jump a hostility mission.

3. Make Ports VALUABLE again. Make them being worth an effort conquering those. Maybe by making some of them COMMERCIAL CENTERS(high tax income), or giving certain ports more points.

4. Boatswain for 6-7 rate in each port available(almost each)..Seriously is anyone using that? Remove all worthless upgrades( Iron Knees, Floating Battery for example)

5. Give us again a mechanic where each nation can pick up an ally, but ONLY 1 ally at the time. Think this is important, although i thought it wasn`t necessary.

6. Give Wasa 3rd rate status. Imho this is not a 4th rate. There will be not MORE Conquest, making ships instantly available.

7. Please remove the remnants of "War supply era"(Muskets, Saltpeter etc.) and Charcoal. Remove finally:ph34r: Fine Woods from trader tool :)

8. Reduce the amount or completely remove MEDIUM cannons from AI ship cargo.Or at least increase their price.

9. Abandon the "random" wind in port battles. A nation can make huge and expensive efforts to "grind" a hostility in a region, then port battle starts, and the attacker, or defender have HUGE DISADVANTAGES, just having a bad wind, although both gathered their "best" to defend or conquer a port.Imo, this his is one of the most annoying features in RvR.

10. Allow the attacking fleet in PB, when port battle is over, to teleport in battle screen to her STARTING PORT. If the attacker fails to take a port, he should be able to withdraw with honour,safely. This can not be guaranteed by payers in game.

11. If already having a PvP Leaderboard, maybe the best 5 or 10 on the list, should get some awards? In the end they risk a lot, so give them rewards.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Cortez

37 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

There always needs to be a luck factor involved into a PB. Sometimes the attacker has perfect wind and sometimes the defender does, it's not one-sided

Well exactly that is why it should not depend on luck. 90 degree wind at the beginning for both sides would be fair, as it was before new PB mechanic

With a huge difference now.Even if both sides have fair wind, the defender can not just run away, like he did before,since the circles need to be defended. With a 90 degree wind, both sides have equal chances.

May the better side win, not the wind direction.

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

1. Remove ALL useless trading goods.(Bavarian Grain, Yorkshire Pudding?) I am really starting to believe nobody is trading with those goods. :)

These trading goods are not useless, the reason some of them are only lightly traded is because the low numbers of people playing the game. If we had full servers (which ultimately is what we want) then most profitable trade goods with high margins will be hard to find and people will have to look for other goods to make profit on.

To use the example of Bavarian Grain, looking online today in the trader tool I can buy it for 229g at Sisal and sell it at Nouvelle-Orleans for 480g which gives a profit of 180.1g per unit once tax of 10% has been taken into account at each end. This equates to a profit of 61594.2g per T.Brig with hold perk and if you sail with 3 trader brigs your profit is over 180k for a 1 hour sail. Not hugely profitable compared with PvE missions now that they have increased the rewards but none the less a profit.

So these items are not useless and provide a source of income for players that can be earned semi afk.

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

These trading goods are not useless, the reason some of them are only lightly traded is because the low numbers of people playing the game. If we had full servers (which ultimately is what we want) then most profitable trade goods with high margins will be hard to find and people will have to look for other goods to make profit on.

To use the example of Bavarian Grain, looking online today in the trader tool I can buy it for 229g at Sisal and sell it at Nouvelle-Orleans for 480g which gives a profit of 180.1g per unit once tax of 10% has been taken into account at each end. This equates to a profit of 61594.2g per T.Brig with hold perk and if you sail with 3 trader brigs your profit is over 180k for a 1 hour sail. Not hugely profitable compared with PvE missions now that they have increased the rewards but none the less a profit.

So these items are not useless and provide a source of income for players that can be earned semi afk.

Such goods are useless exactly BECAUSE whoever has a 1st rate, makes this amount of money in a COMBAT ORDER, within 15 minutes.

So....

7 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Such goods are useless exactly BECAUSE whoever has a 1st rate, makes this amount of money in a COMBAT ORDER, within 15 minutes.

So....

But I cannot do a combat mission semi afk. And the example I gave is just using one of the items you quoted there are others that will give better returns. If you get rid of all these items then you may as well remove trading from the game, which in turn affects raiders who prey on traders and reduces PvP for people who go out to catch raiders.

Just because you have a first rate and can make money without any risk in a safe zone it does not mean that other content has to be removed from the game. If you have no interest in these items then ignore them, as I can see it they do no harm to the game.

The current ability to do missions safely in safe zones is something that needs to be changed.

Just now, Archaos said:

But I cannot do a combat mission semi afk. And the example I gave is just using one of the items you quoted there are others that will give better returns. If you get rid of all these items then you may as well remove trading from the game, which in turn affects raiders who prey on traders and reduces PvP for people who go out to catch raiders.

Just because you have a first rate and can make money without any risk in a safe zone it does not mean that other content has to be removed from the game. If you have no interest in these items then ignore them, as I can see it they do no harm to the game.

The current ability to do missions safely in safe zones is something that needs to be changed.

You have enough goods(raw materials, crafted materials, cannons) already in the game. Already stated, if those "useless"goods would have any purpose, that would change whole situation(mix Bavarian Grain and Yorkshire Pudding gives i don`t know...."British sailors on Speed" Refit with 7% relaod bonus)

With limited number of trading items you could still hunt traders, but those items need limitation in quantity.(although capturing a full,unmanouverable trader is in my opinion not "PvP"), and those trading goods need to be consumed only in free ports(example),not in capitals.

Historically, attacking a trader from another Empire/Kingdom was an act of war, only pirates had the "right" to attack traders in peace times.(or whenever they needed money for rum and brothels)

Since we don`t have any similar mechanic, which could simulate that kind of situation,for me, trading became useless content in the game, since you cannot trade really what other regions REALLY need, or they would like to have.(and i mean the players,not the AI)

Trading needs a purpose, a goal, it needs to maintain something,needs to be meaningful for a nation or a clan. Buying woods on contract in Port with A letter is not really hard. and when you think you have a really nice low price for whatever in your contract, few minutes later someone else is bidding 1 gold more than you do.This is not fun, then it is not worth trying.

Transporting goods from A to B, earn money,just because AI is consuming, is taking too much time and it is not rewarding.

Btw. I do not have 1st rate, and if the safety  zone is around the capital, it is only good for new players to gather few experiences before they discover hostile OW.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cortez said:

You have enough goods(raw materials, crafted materials, cannons) already in the game. Already stated, if those "useless"goods would have any purpose, that would change whole situation(mix Bavarian Grain and Yorkshire Pudding gives i don`t know...."British sailors on Speed" Refit with 7% relaod bonus)

With limited number of trading items you could still hunt traders, but those items need limitation in quantity.(although capturing a full,unmanouverable trader is in my opinion not "PvP"), and those trading goods need to be consumed only in free ports(example),not in capitals.

Historically, attacking a trader from another Empire/Kingdom was an act of war, only pirates had the "right" to attack traders in peace times.(or whenever they needed money for rum and brothels)

Since we don`t have any similar mechanic, which could simulate that kind of situation,for me, trading became useless content in the game, since you cannot trade really what other regions REALLY need, or they would like to have.(and i mean the players,not the AI)

Trading needs a purpose, a goal, it needs to maintain something,needs to be meaningful for a nation or a clan. Buying woods on contract in Port with A letter is not really hard. and when you think you have a really nice low price for whatever in your contract, few minutes later someone else is bidding 1 gold more than you do.This is not fun, then it is not worth trying.

Transporting goods from A to B, earn money,just because AI is consuming, is taking too much time and it is not rewarding.

Btw. I do not have 1st rate, and if the safety  zone is around the capital, it is only good for new players to gather few experiences before they discover hostile OW.

I agree with what you say regarding a better economy that would not have to rely on meaningless transactions for traders to make money, but until they implement a better economy model they should not remove what is there already.

If the current trading model is taking too much time for you and is not rewarding then dont do it, as you have said you can make more money doing AI missions, no one is forcing you to do them so I do not understand why you want them removed without it being replaced by a better system.

Trading in craft goods is not profitable as you can only really start making profit when you sell on contract and with limited numbers of contracts you can place it makes it slow and cumbersome with no guarantee your items will sell. At least with the trade goods you know in advance what price you can get immediately and work out your profit margin. That is not possible with crafted goods as someone will likely undercut you and it will continue till there is no profit margin left.

I have suggested a system previously where some of these good would be required for weekly port maintenance, i.e. a port could require so much Bavarian Grain weekly to feed the population, so much Ironwood to repair defences etc. But the idea did not appear to receive much support. Such a system would have given uses for majority of items that you call useless and create a need to trade them.

The safety zone round the capital is currently more than just an area for new players to gain experience, there is almost no reason to leave it unless you are looking for PvP. I am currently grinding up the slots on a Wasa and I can see no reason to even attempt to take missions outside the safe zone as why take the risk when all I want is to grind XP and make good money while doing it.

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

As a hunter I hate capturing traders with useless to me traders goods. Before any traders I was hunting, I knew that they carry some stuff for ship building that I always needed.

The solution to that would be to make those trade items useful rather than remove them from the game. There are plenty of trade items and opportunities to make good profits trading at the moment with low server numbers, but if we ever get full servers then it will be more difficult to find profitable trades, hence the need for these items. Just look at popular ports and how the buy price of many items in those ports remain at 1 and imagine that if the server was full, very few items would ever be bought for more than 1 and trading would be very difficult.

The fact that you are out capturing traders creates content, because if you are out there trying to capture them others may come out to hunt you, thus creating PvP. This way PvP is created organically rather than artificially  with PvP events etc. To create PvP you have to first get people out into the OW and I feel trading is one of the best ways to do this.

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

I hate tradinggoods. They just hurt the shipbuilding eco because you get more money from sailing useless stuff around. Remove evedything except usefull items.

Problem is if you remove the so called useless stuff it would not help the shipbuilding economy, it would just kill trading altogether.

A trader will always move the item that gives them the greatest profit margin and I am afraid those margins are just not there on shipbuilding goods, or at least they are not guaranteed. Most dedicated shipbuilders have their own supply of materials through their clan and seldom have to go onto the open market to buy stuff. If they do buy stuff from the open market it is only because they see it listed for a very attractive price.

I do a lot of trading on my alt and I look at all the items and prices and if I could make a good profit on shipbuilding goods then that is what I would trade. Especially now that people can get items by putting up contracts at 3x production for the NPC to auto fulfill. Raw materials seldom sell for more than they can be produced for and crafted items work out much the same once you take labor hours into consideration, and with a limitation on LH it restricts the profit even more even if there was profit.

So please dont kid yourself that getting rid of trade goods would help the ship building economy.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Actually ships would become very cheap and many ships would be in the market if more people would use the market.

This says it all, for ships to become very cheap the profit margins for traders has to be low. Even with the useless trade goods at present it is hard to make more profit than you could doing missions in the safe zone, so any further drop in profits would totally kill trading.

Even at present the only reason I still carry on doing trading is because I do it on my alt on a laptop while still playing my main. If I had to do it just on my main I would not bother and just make money from missions.

The economy is not deep enough to rely solely on goods for ship building. There may be some player contracts that can give you a profit but most of the time they can hardly fill a trader. I dont just use the trader tool as most of the time it is out of date, I also check the port I am sailing to to see that the buy price has not dropped to 1 already. I tend to mainly trade to ports that I have outposts in so I can check this, otherwise I trade in the more obscure goods that not many people are trading.

3 hours ago, Archaos said:

I have suggested a system previously where some of these good would be required for weekly port maintenance, i.e. a port could require so much Bavarian Grain weekly to feed the population, so much Ironwood to repair defences etc. But the idea did not appear to receive much support. Such a system would have given uses for majority of items that you call useless and create a need to trade them.

Exactly same kind of maintenance i had in mind, very nice idea.

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Problem is that you dont see player contracts in the tradingtool.

Buying in gustavia, selling in philippsburg could actually make sense, who knows, people dont see it.

Same for other ressources etc.

Actually ships would become very cheap and many ships would be in the market if more people would use the market.

What the game lacks is a transparent market aswell as buy contracts for ships. Incould create a buy contract of repairs at a port on the front and eventually If the contract is big enough and makes good profit people would buy somewhere and sell to this contract. But right now they dont even know it exists.

Yep, that is true.

I think i was reading months ago the same kind of this problem. Instead of missions "DELIVERY", players should be able to see what players offer where for which price, no matter what, ships, goods,materials.

10 hours ago, Cortez said:

6. Give Wasa 3rd rate status. Imho this is not a 4th rate. There will be not MORE Conquest, making ships instantly available.

I think it is fine that way it is. Please don't mess with such a fine ship. With the Bellona, a real 3rd Rate, the Wasa is also a gem. 

Edited by Buba Smith
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Cortez said:

2. Close the hostility missions, there will be no more PvP, if an enemy can jump a hostility mission.

3. Make Ports VALUABLE again. Make them being worth an effort conquering those. Maybe by making some of them COMMERCIAL CENTERS(high tax income), or giving certain ports more points.

4. Boatswain for 6-7 rate in each port available(almost each)..Seriously is anyone using that? Remove all worthless upgrades( Iron Knees, Floating Battery for example)

5. Give us again a mechanic where each nation can pick up an ally, but ONLY 1 ally at the time. Think this is important, although i thought it wasn`t necessary.

7. Please remove the remnants of "War supply era"(Muskets, Saltpeter etc.) and Charcoal. Remove finally:ph34r: Fine Woods from trader tool :)

8. Reduce the amount or completely remove MEDIUM cannons from AI ship cargo.Or at least increase their price.

9. Abandon the "random" wind in port battles. A nation can make huge and expensive efforts to "grind" a hostility in a region, then port battle starts, and the attacker, or defender have HUGE DISADVANTAGES, just having a bad wind, although both gathered their "best" to defend or conquer a port.Imo, this his is one of the most annoying features in RvR.

10. Allow the attacking fleet in PB, when port battle is over, to teleport in battle screen to her STARTING PORT. If the attacker fails to take a port, he should be able to withdraw with honour,safely. This can not be guaranteed by payers in game.

11. If already having a PvP Leaderboard, maybe the best 5 or 10 on the list, should get some awards? In the end they risk a lot, so give them rewards.

Thank you for reading.

1) thise are things Trade Missions use...

2) HUH?

3) AGAIN hUH?

4) THose a  there because players sold them there..

5) PLease no.

6) First yes no idea what second part  means

7 Yes sure remove stuff teh Trade guys still use ...) Those are not cargo.. those ar eteh guns they are armed with...

8) Those arent cargo they are teh guns it was armed with or some of them

9) havent done enough to know

10) Why go big or lose your fleet it is a Wargame..

11) be nice...

On 26.9.2017 at 3:55 AM, CaptVonGunn said:

1) thise are things Trade Missions use...

2) HUH?

3) AGAIN hUH?

4) THose a  there because players sold them there..

5) PLease no.

6) First yes no idea what second part  means

7 Yes sure remove stuff teh Trade guys still use ...) Those are not cargo.. those ar eteh guns they are armed with...

8) Those arent cargo they are teh guns it was armed with or some of them

9) havent done enough to know

10) Why go big or lose your fleet it is a Wargame..

11) be nice...

Stop trolling if you have nothing to say, or continue paying on PvE. Thanks.